Expired Hot Deals

Gamestop.ca

It Takes Two (Xbox One/Series X & Playstation 4/5) - $29.99 (also at Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2021 11:37 am
[OP]
Dec 29, 2012
54 posts
232 upvotes
London

[Gamestop.ca] It Takes Two (Xbox One/Series X & Playstation 4/5) - $29.99 (also at Amazon)

At Gamestop (both versions) and Amazon (Xbox One/Series X only).

https://www.gamestop.ca/SearchResult/Qu ... +takes+two

https://www.amazon.ca/It-Takes-Two-Xbox ... 379&sr=8-2

EDIT: Thank you to the commenters clarifying that you can't use this physical version of the game with the Xbox Series S and the game doesn't come with any digital code either to download it. I had just put Series S as part of the title from habit when referring to the new Xbox consoles.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 19th, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated title
24 replies
Aug 26, 2010
95 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder if this is destined for Game Pass given the price drop
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1806 posts
1431 upvotes
AB
Best co-op only game ever made. You owe it to yourself to play this with your SO / kids.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1202 posts
463 upvotes
Victoria
.fess wrote: Best co-op only game ever made. You owe it to yourself to play this with your SO / kids.
Played it with my daughter. We will most definitely come back to it and play again, swapping roles. Great game.
Oct 18, 2020
37 posts
132 upvotes
Anyway to get it for this price on PS5 digital?
Mar 31, 2011
404 posts
372 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
*waiting for the DJ EZ Rock & Rob Base skins*
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Dec 13, 2020
183 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Excellent, one of a kind game with great replay value, that cannot be missed! Thanks for the deal!
Dec 16, 2010
815 posts
735 upvotes
Canada
Thanks OP. Got that for PS5 and The Outer Worlds as well for free shipping.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1063 posts
1417 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
TheGulag wrote: Anyway to get it for this price on PS5 digital?
Nope. Why I never limit options on myself to only one vendor and one sales platform. Sure the consoles cheap, but the games never will be.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1447 posts
1260 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks OP.

Order placed via Amazon, for the Xbox edition.
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

CTFS CA and Triangle WE .🔻
Jul 18, 2015
181 posts
141 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
Sold out on Amazon for the Playstation version !
Aug 30, 2007
612 posts
1118 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like fun.

Their first game “No Way Out” was one of the few games my teens enjoyed playing together.

Thanks OP, in for one.
May 28, 2008
277 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver
Game of the year candidate. An absolute must play if you have an SO. Mine actually asked to play it last night (we did) and she almost never asks to play a VG.
Oct 25, 2004
145 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone know if this includes a digital download code so it's playable on the Xbox Series S?
Jan 17, 2012
300 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
HeeroYuy wrote: Anyone know if this includes a digital download code so it's playable on the Xbox Series S?
From GameStop:
"It Takes Two uses Smart Delivery technology - buy the game once and play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S."
May 10, 2010
699 posts
1022 upvotes
Kenora
moromhoo wrote: From GameStop:
"It Takes Two uses Smart Delivery technology - buy the game once and play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S."
While this is technically correct, the disc doesn't include a digital version. The smart delivery will install the game based on if you're playing on an Xbox One or an Xbox Series X. Since the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, there's no way to play this version on the console.

You MUST buy digital versions of games to be able to play it on the Series S.
Jan 17, 2012
300 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Are you sure?

Microsoft says this:

"On an Xbox Series X|S console, you’ll automatically download and install the Xbox Series X|S version if it’s available. Otherwise, the backward compatible Xbox One version will be installed (if it’s a supported backward compatible title)."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/gam ... livery-faq
May 10, 2010
699 posts
1022 upvotes
Kenora
moromhoo wrote: Are you sure?

Microsoft says this:

"On an Xbox Series X|S console, you’ll automatically download and install the Xbox Series X|S version if it’s available. Otherwise, the backward compatible Xbox One version will be installed (if it’s a supported backward compatible title)."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/gam ... livery-faq
Yes I'm sure. It will download the correct version for your system once you insert the disc. No disc drive = no installing the game.

There is NO digital code with this game for the Series S

It even says that this required a system with a disc drive on the case.

20211018_111116.jpg
This is how it's always been with the Series X & S. Series S is limited to digital purchases only, between the Microsoft store on the console, or via digital codes through a retailer.
Last edited by poopdedoop on Oct 18th, 2021 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3004 posts
2893 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You guys are confusing things. Smart Delivery has nothing to do with digital vs disc based games. The Xbox Series S can't play disc-based games, period. Some games might have a digital download code, but I think it's a rare occurence.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Mar 9, 2011
501 posts
178 upvotes
Coquitlam
.fess wrote: Best co-op only game ever made. You owe it to yourself to play this with your SO / kids.
This is not an exaggeration, and I've gamed for over 30 years. My wife usually doesn't enjoy video games but would always ask to play this and even replay it after we completed the story.