2941 posts
5286 upvotes
London, Ontario

[Gamestop.ca] Xbox Series X/S in stock (online) All-Access only

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Gamestop.ca
More offers from Gamestop.ca
I just noticed these being in stock in an email. Enjoy!
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Apr 24th, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Nov 17, 2009
85 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
You can’t actually add them to your cart, seems only if you go with their “All access” option, which is not ideal.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1905 posts
1371 upvotes
Langley
PorkChopGamer wrote: You can’t actually add them to your cart, seems only if you go with their “All access” option, which is not ideal.
You’re right, I tried before as well. It says right in the thumbnail its for all access only.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1045 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
Summer is nearly here, if you dont have a series X yet, just wait till gaming season returns in the fall months. Unless you game heavy in summer months there really is no reason
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2941 posts
5286 upvotes
London, Ontario
PorkChopGamer wrote: You can’t actually add them to your cart, seems only if you go with their “All access” option, which is not ideal.
I didn't know that. I thought when I tried to add it to my cart while being signed out that it was cuz I wasn't signed in (thinking they had a 1 per account thing going on like other places).
Oct 17, 2017
61 posts
105 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Is all access 40 or 50 dollars a month, why does it say 40 but when I get to the actual loan it says 50 a month?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2355 posts
717 upvotes
New Brunswick
soneforlife wrote: Is all access 40 or 50 dollars a month, why does it say 40 but when I get to the actual loan it says 50 a month?
I believe it is taxes and fees.
Oct 17, 2017
61 posts
105 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
raichu1 wrote: I believe it is taxes and fees.
Actually I did end up ordering this... probably regretting it later. The 50 a month is just the total preapproved amount of the loan application. The actual amount I have to pay per month is 39.99 pre tax, taxes is 13% here where I am in Ontario but I only got charged 3.25 on 39.99 for some reason... so brings total to 43.24 a month.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9625 posts
6344 upvotes
Toronto
Gold conversion is still the most economical way to get GPU, best to buy outright and avoid a new line of credit if you can avoid it.
Jul 13, 2011
569 posts
295 upvotes
Ottawa
[...]

Game Pass Ultimate = $16.99 per month
Buying outright = ~$25 per month
All access= $39.99

So I guess if you are buying gamepass ultimate then it might be worthwhile as it ends up the same cost or slightly cheaper but that hardly seems worthwhile unless the primary driver is to be able to actually get ability to buy the console. Also if you are get GP-U then they carry the finance cost and you gain marginal savings through financing. But this REQUIRES that you'd be getting Game Pass Ultimate either way. Could be a good way to build credit score if you are otherwise financially secure.

Personally I wouldn't bother.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 27th, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
May 29, 2018
347 posts
291 upvotes
An xbox Series X is $600, if you need to finance a $600 game console then make some changes in your life. And with GPU it's not cheaper when you consider how easy it is to get Gamepass for cheap

PS: at least this isn't riddled with ridiculous interest so it's not the worst thing in the world but still
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1680 posts
566 upvotes
Subsided wrote: An xbox Series X is $600, if you need to finance a $600 game console then make some changes in your life. And with GPU it's not cheaper when you consider how easy it is to get Gamepass for cheap

PS: at least this isn't riddled with ridiculous interest so it's not the worst thing in the world but still
It’s a pretty good deal I think for most people. No different really then people who upgrade their cell phone every year or 2. Pay your monthly plan and a bit of your phone off at the same time over 24 months. Either way the UGP is an amazing service for the price
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2724 posts
3919 upvotes
Why do people assume that if you finance it, it means you're some poor kid who can't afford to buy it outright? Just straight ignorance. Who says people "need" to finance it? Maybe someone just chooses to.

It's just another option of how to get one. Simple as that. People buy a phone outright, others pay a monthly for a couple years. No different here.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1905 posts
1371 upvotes
Langley
Plenty of ignorance toward financing the console but it’s expected if you don’t look deeper into its core reason for being offered... I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Its purpose is being a part of Microsoft's pledge to increase accessibility to gaming... they are offering a free loan for those who cannot afford to cover the upfront cost of a console/games/GPU. That in itself is considered saving's to a significantly high demographic. Anybody and everybody should have the ability to have access to these awesome pieces of technology and I personally give a lot of credit to Microsoft for offering this!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6707 posts
1291 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I recall that if you want to get Gamepass Ultimate anyway All Access is actually a good deal.

That is if you compare GP Ultimate at regular price. Plenty of opportunities to get it for much cheaper.

And this is an actual loan so I suppose it will take a hit on your credit. Might be a big deal for some people.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2102 posts
97 upvotes
Medicine Hat
I bought this.

I can afford it outright. I got all access instead. Why pay 1000 now when I can just give them 40 bucks a month and use the rest to earn money elsewhere?

Easy.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1149 posts
862 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: Summer is nearly here, if you dont have a series X yet, just wait till gaming season returns in the fall months. Unless you game heavy in summer months there really is no reason
This year, who knows... :/ hoping for the best though!