Hot Deals

Gamestop.com (US) Black Friday

BF Switch Games can be purchased digitally from Gamestop US / Amazon US for USD$40 + No tax

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2021 1:30 pm
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
330 posts
442 upvotes

[Black Friday] BF Switch Games can be purchased digitally from Gamestop US / Amazon US for USD$40 + No tax

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Gamestop.com (US)
11/23 - prices changed from usd$25 to $40 + no tax so now only marginally better than CA prices. Still available but not hot anymore.

Includes Zelda BOTW, Paper Mario, Splatoon 2, Kirby, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc.

The games that are on BF sale in Canada for $55 are available digitally from Gamestop US or Amazon US for USD $40 (were 25), no taxes.

To get this deal using PayPal you need to:
  1. Create a Gamestop account on the US GS site.
  2. Create a Paypal account on US Paypal site. Add your Canadian Credit Card to the US Paypal site using California as the state and 92612 as the Zip. Use your Canadian street name and city name that matches your CC billing address.
  3. Place an order on Gamestop and checkout using Paypal.

Code is emailed to you in less than 5 minutes. Some are reporting it can take a couple hours though. Not sure why.

If you don't want to use PayPal then you can buy directly from GS as well. I chose to use PayPal as I was worried it wouldn't go through so I wanted the extra buyer's protection. If you go direct, then here's the format you need to enter your postal code as the zip code.
stulec52 wrote: let's say your postal code is : W3T 1D1
You'd put in 31100
the 3 digits of your postal code in order, then 2 zeros
:-)
If you still can't get it to work then try this tip as well.
DeltaSingh wrote: You could do that or do it a simpler way.

I once worked at a bank. The network does not care about the fields you complete, only that all the data required as a part of your billing address is present.

In address line one put a random US address.

In address line two put your COMPLETE billing address. Include your postal code and exclude Canada.

Fill out the remaining address fields with the corresponding US address from line one. For country also put US.

That's all. The only thing that will block you will be your own bank for security measures, you can call them and lift those blocks. This trick usually does not work on international countries outside of North America.
Instructions to try for Amazon purchases:
antira wrote: Had no luck with gamestop but I was able to buy Astral Chain and Fire Emblem 3 Houses from Amazon.com.

Go to amazon.ca account page -> Manage Your Content and Devices -> Preferences
Change Country/Region Settings to United States and add a fake US address (I looked up a hotel in a state with no sales tax).
Switch to Amazon.com and add your digital games and checkout with your canadian credit card using your real billing info (Mine was already saved from Amazon.ca).
Afterwards, change your Country/Region Settings back to Canada and your real address.
Last edited by ande8150 on Nov 23rd, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
321 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1802 posts
1021 upvotes
Do we really need to use PayPal or can you use Canadian credit card using the postal code trick of using postal code digits for zip code?

Edit: postal code trick worked for me, no PayPal needed

Edit2: my order was cancelled for "Unfortunately, we are experiencing some problems in processing your payment." Stupid.
Last edited by Diafel on Nov 21st, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
330 posts
442 upvotes
Diafel wrote: Do we really need to use PayPal or can you use Canadian credit card using the postal code trick of using postal code digits for zip code?
I used PayPal, but see others have not. Give it a shot and report back. Use the same approach - your own address and city, but California state and postal.
Nov 23, 2009
866 posts
443 upvotes
Vaughan
I ordered using my Canadian credit card by using the 3 numbers in my postal code + 00. Worked fine
SSD
Nov 27, 2008
176 posts
151 upvotes
Any catch here? There’s some great prices on games like Astral Chain too. I’m wondering if this causes any problems redeeming to your account?
Nov 28, 2007
704 posts
111 upvotes
Some of the PlayStation deals are nice too. Any idea if it would work as well?

Edit: nvm. Ps deals are not digital
Last edited by DubKrazy on Nov 21st, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 21, 2019
14 posts
6 upvotes
My credit card didn't want to work, but the PayPal method worked just fine! Thank you, OP! You must've saved me a solid $25! :)
Jun 30, 2016
209 posts
566 upvotes
Vancouver
First credit card didn't work but ended up using my Amex with Canadian street address, Irvine, California, 92612 zip code. Worked out. Thanks OP. Good find.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3143 posts
2080 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks. Also did CC + postalcode+00 trick. My address and City, and New Hampshire for no Sales Tax.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2009
1040 posts
144 upvotes
I cannot get PayPal to stay on the US version of the site, it keeps defaulting to having the /ca/ part in the web address.
Will it still work? or any ways to 'trick' it ??
thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1601 posts
325 upvotes
Do you need a region specific Nintendo account to redeem?

What is everyone using for redemption, Canada or US account?
Last edited by redflagged2006 on Nov 21st, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 4, 2020
81 posts
82 upvotes
daviiiiiid wrote: Thanks. Also did CC + postalcode+00 trick. My address and City, and New Hampshire for no Sales Tax.
Amazing. Thank you! And thank you OP as well! This all worked.
Feb 14, 2006
959 posts
1160 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
daviiiiiid wrote: Thanks. Also did CC + postalcode+00 trick. My address and City, and New Hampshire for no Sales Tax.
I found this works best with older cards or Mastercard. My visa said no. Also, you can verify the postal code and use that as the city & state. So try 00, then keep adding 1 until you find one using USPS postal service zip finder. My address puts me in Florida. Worked every time I've used it. Target, GameStop, best buy, Netflix and Hulu when it mattered..
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3143 posts
2080 upvotes
Montreal
Ruciz wrote: I found this works best with older cards or Mastercard. My visa said no. Also, you can verify the postal code and use that as the city & state. So try 00, then keep adding 1 until you find one using USPS postal service zip finder. My address puts me in Florida. Worked every time I've used it. Target, GameStop, best buy, Netflix and Hulu when it mattered..
Mine worked with AMEX Bonvoy Personal. When you put the zip code it autofills the rest so I had to manually change it anyway. Mine put me in Texas but I manually changed to NH and it worked. But I wouldnt be surprised that it might not work for everyone
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2009
1040 posts
144 upvotes
stulec52 wrote: I cannot get PayPal to stay on the US version of the site, it keeps defaulting to having the /ca/ part in the web address.
Will it still work? or any ways to 'trick' it ??
thanks
I tried what some others were suggesting, and that seems to have worked ok.
I used Montana as my 'State' no tax, plus closest to me geographically :-)
for zip code, the 3 numbers in your post code, then 00 at the end worked as well.

Thanks all ! especially OP
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1802 posts
1021 upvotes
My order was cancelled using postal code trick.
Apr 4, 2017
196 posts
104 upvotes
THE 6IX
What games are you guys buying just curious
WE THE NORTH!
Mar 16, 2008
121 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
bought a bunch of games from us gamestop to shippsy, just made me realize that we've been taken advantage of for so long that that we've grown numb, until you do some math lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3143 posts
2080 upvotes
Montreal
Diafel wrote: My order was cancelled using postal code trick.
How? I got the code instantly. Unless theyre noticing a lot of these canadian orders and manually approving them now?
ChrizArtz wrote: What games are you guys buying just curious
I got BOTW and Super Mario Bros Deluxe