Investing

Gamestop (GME) short squeeze

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 10:40 am
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Janus2faced wrote: GME last 52-week range $37-$483.

could you sleep at night with the following trades?

selling cash covered Jan 2023 $37 strike put for ~$5.50 or ~15% return as long as the stock is above $37 on expiry, the downside to $31.50.

or maybe a safe'ish trade is selling cash covered $10 put paying $0.70 or approx 7%, beats a GIC or HISA
too risky for GME.. I'd rather just buy and hold stock. I just have my set sell and not even look at this really. Face With Tears Of Joy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2020
2424 posts
2859 upvotes
West Rouge, Ontario
faken wrote: too risky for GME.. I'd rather just buy and hold stock. I just have my set sell and not even look at this really. Face With Tears Of Joy
@faken interesting since there is zero logic IMO to the price swings with a buy & hold (with a target exit price) could get caught in a downdraft holding for a longer period, anyhow ... good luck.

is why I posted GME last 52-week range $37-$483 with a $37 or $10 price bottom csp option trade Jan 2023 expiry that could be exited with time decay.

for 2022 what top/bottom price range do you personally see GME being?

do you see it as a cyclical stock or is its behavior pattern based just on money people/media/pumpers playing it causing its wild price swings?
looking both ways wasting time doing unimportant things.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Janus2faced wrote: @faken interesting since there is zero logic IMO to the price swings with a buy & hold (with a target exit price) could get caught in a downdraft holding for a longer period, anyhow ... good luck.

is why I posted GME last 52-week range $37-$483 with a $37 or $10 price bottom csp option trade Jan 2023 expiry that could be exited with time decay.

for 2022 what top/bottom price range do you personally see GME being?

do you see it as a cyclical stock or is its behavior pattern based just on money people/media/pumpers playing it causing its wild price swings?
100% behavioral. 1 week until the anniversary of the pump. Lets see if something happens.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
whoever bought the dip this morning.. wow good on you.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
it's boiling.
Sep 8, 2013
283 posts
177 upvotes
Windsor
Finished today green while the whole market was red.
Gme Volume today was 2x the 3 month average.

Tits are jacked for next week as typically the Friday before gme goes up, the market dumps.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
on it's way to over $100 again...
Sep 26, 2012
332 posts
235 upvotes
Edmonton
Company stocks and real estate will be among the many things that get turned into non-fungible tokens in the future, according to venture capitalist Bill Tai. The tech investor said that “it's going to happen” and it's “not even a question.” Jan 14, 2022

GME developing NFT marketplace, may be trying to end the stock market as we know it. Ie- billionaire Ryan Cohen buys 10% of almost bankrupt Gamestop,
Might be stepping on some big toes soon though...thoughts?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1556 posts
1391 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Hitting that hair over a hundy for closing was nice. Big ole fat GME-tree full of monkies hanging on while its being given the good ole shake down by everything the market forces-that-be throw at it. I think it came out alright.
DrPoopee79 wrote: Company stocks and real estate will be among the many things that get turned into non-fungible tokens in the future, according to venture capitalist Bill Tai. The tech investor said that “it's going to happen” and it's “not even a question.” Jan 14, 2022

GME developing NFT marketplace, may be trying to end the stock market as we know it. Ie- billionaire Ryan Cohen buys 10% of almost bankrupt Gamestop,
Might be stepping on some big toes soon though...thoughts?
Sauce? Need sauce. Further guidance, releases, announcements, etc. from GameStop would be nice some time strategically soon.

I hear chatter of the public image of NFT's being dragged through a cheese grater very harshly last week, and in to this week. Insider trading and ETF loophole abuse should be dragged through a cheese grater.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2265 posts
2729 upvotes
The more overall markets drop the more I believe in MOASS
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Dec 11, 2013
500 posts
420 upvotes
Richmond
LOL the SEC wants to remove the buy AND sell buttons.
Jul 31, 2017
510 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
He probably hurt himself laughing at Badsha

"I was waiting for the sub $100 dip as per @hebsie

Ended up pulling my trigger at $125. Too good to pass up."
Sep 8, 2013
283 posts
177 upvotes
Windsor
BoatyMcBoatface wrote: He probably hurt himself laughing at Badsha

Do you think sub $50 @hebsie or sub $20. Really looking for the dip on the dip.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
BoatyMcBoatface wrote: He probably hurt himself laughing at Badsha

I buy them biweekly averaging up mostly. I am happy to take long position and lose it all when GME goes bankrupt.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2020
2424 posts
2859 upvotes
West Rouge, Ontario
selling a Jan 2024 (24 mths to expiry) cash-covered $10 strike put option will get you $1.46 upfront, that's 7.3% annualized, with a downside to $8.54 is max loss.

which is a better trade ....

a) buying 100 shares of GME at $100/share as a buy & hold... to the moon or to the floor

b) or selling 10 contracts cash covered $10 strike put

c) neither one

d) other?
looking both ways wasting time doing unimportant things.