Gaming Headset Recommendations

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2021 4:33 pm
[OP]
Dec 29, 2019
75 posts
46 upvotes

Gaming Headset Recommendations

I am looking at purchasing at headset to be used for fortnite and discord. This isn’t for myself it is a gift any input or reviews from people who have used them is appreciated. Is there is better that is within the price range?

Options

HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
https://www.staples.ca/products/1600081 ... hx-hscp-gm

HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset
https://www.staples.ca/products/2797830 ... -hsca-rdam

Kingston HyperX Cloud Flight
https://www.staples.ca/products/2926949 ... oud-flight

Was also thinking of possibly but will probably lean more towards a headset

Kingston HyperX QuadCast USB Condenser Gaming Microphone
https://www.staples.ca/products/2943512 ... microphone

Edited to add: This will be used with PC and
sometimes XBox.
11 replies
Oct 14, 2013
852 posts
1846 upvotes
Logitech G Pro X.

See the Reviews. Mic is Incredible, Sound Quality is off the Charts!

You won't regret it
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1692 posts
573 upvotes
I’ve been enjoying the Microsoft Wireless Headset that just came out for the Series X. I also paid $30 to get the dongle for the headset/controller to work Bluetooth wise on my PC. That would still be within your price range, and can save a bit more if you’re with Virgin (mobile perks)
[external link removed]
Nov 13, 2012
55 posts
19 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I got the HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset and you've found it at a decent price too.

I picked this set because they were wired, not powered by USB, and didn't require an external sound card/dongle.

For Xbox its just a matter of plugging into the controller and they are easily transferable to be used with a PC.

Volume control is inline as well so volume is easily adjustable on Xbox. Just a few things to consider when making your final choice :-)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8124 posts
1662 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote: I’ve been enjoying the Microsoft Wireless Headset that just came out for the Series X. I also paid $30 to get the dongle for the headset/controller to work Bluetooth wise on my PC. That would still be within your price range, and can save a bit more if you’re with Virgin (mobile perks)
+1

If, like the OP says, it's going to be used for PC and Xbox probably your best bet. Still hard to find in stock, but worth it
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1892 posts
909 upvotes
Ontario
I've been happy with my HyperX Cloud II
·Ï¢årµ§·
[OP]
Dec 29, 2019
75 posts
46 upvotes
cbrdude wrote: I got the HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset and you've found it at a decent price too.

I picked this set because they were wired, not powered by USB, and didn't require an external sound card/dongle.

For Xbox its just a matter of plugging into the controller and they are easily transferable to be used with a PC.

Volume control is inline as well so volume is easily adjustable on Xbox. Just a few things to consider when making your final choice :-)
It is going to be used more for PC the Xbox is not used much if ever lol.

What are the disadvantages of having a USB to plug in? I’d be worried with a cord running it over with the chair.

The HyperX Cloud II almost looks similar do you know the differences?
[OP]
Dec 29, 2019
75 posts
46 upvotes
sRPlay1989 wrote: Logitech G Pro X.

See the Reviews. Mic is Incredible, Sound Quality is off the Charts!

You won't regret it
Is this the one you are recommending?

https://www.staples.ca/products/2441885 ... 981-000817

If so it says that the inputs are 3.5mm or USB, does that mean it can be used with the dongle to make it wireless or if you want plug it in with a cord?

How does this compare to some of the headsets that say they are certified for discord?
[OP]
Dec 29, 2019
75 posts
46 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote: I’ve been enjoying the Microsoft Wireless Headset that just came out for the Series X. I also paid $30 to get the dongle for the headset/controller to work Bluetooth wise on my PC. That would still be within your price range, and can save a bit more if you’re with Virgin (mobile perks)
I thought I seen this one last night on Best Buy or Microsoft store think it was $199 but could be wrong. Do you have a link?
Nov 13, 2012
55 posts
19 upvotes
WINNIPEG
CanadianChick39 wrote: It is going to be used more for PC the Xbox is not used much if ever lol.

What are the disadvantages of having a USB to plug in? I’d be worried with a cord running it over with the chair.

The HyperX Cloud II almost looks similar do you know the differences?
If you are mainly going to use these for the PC then it would be best to go with the HyperX Cloud II which boasts the 7.1 surround sound. It accomplishes this with a sound card/doggle that plugs in to your USB port. The USB port powers the head phones and the soundcard. If you want a set of headphones that you can plug into your ipad or another device where you do not have a USB port available for power then the alphas are a better choice. You can plug them into almost anything and they will work.

If I knew these were going to barely ever see the Xbox then USB power is not an issue as most headphones use this. I think corded headphones are possibly less expensive if you don't need the latest and the greatest but like you said you might not appreciate having a cord in your way.