• Jun 27th, 2020 3:50 pm
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
192 posts
60 upvotes
GTA

gaming laptop deals

Hi guys,
I am looking into a gaming laptop with 16gb ram and 6gb video ram at around $1200. I am not sure about the cpu yet and do not need a big harddrive (256 or 512gig should be enough for me) How are the quality of the build and display among brands? Not being an expert, I heard Dell or Lenovo make reliable products. What about Asus, HP or Acer? Would most of the laptops support 3 external monitors+ the laptop screen? thanks!
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9093 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
In the gaming category and that price range I'd also consider Asus and possibly MSI as well.
Amazon usually has good deals on Asus and US Amazon even better when they ship to Canada.
Jul 21, 2009
979 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
I have a Legion laptop from Lenovo and its been solid. That price is fair if you need it right now but if you can wait till the end of the year Lenovo has big sales regularly. I did need to get the keyboard replaced after 1 year but it was under warranty. If you want 3 monitors and your laptop screen you will need a dock.
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
192 posts
60 upvotes
GTA
submarine wrote: I have a Legion laptop from Lenovo and its been solid. That price is fair if you need it right now but if you can wait till the end of the year Lenovo has big sales regularly. I did need to get the keyboard replaced after 1 year but it was under warranty. If you want 3 monitors and your laptop screen you will need a dock.
thank you! I do have a dock and I just want to make sure that the video card supports it.

for this particular model, I can't find if the screen is 60hz, 250 nits or 300nits. Lenovo website has 3 display options for this model.

edit: nevermind, it says 144 hz on costco's website. so it is 300nits.