• Jan 1st, 2017 5:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1097 posts
795 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…

A Gaming monitor for $200-250

Upgrading from a 2010 era monitor. I keep hearing conflicting reviews on monitors i'm interested in. It will be primarily for gaming/watching movies. RTS, some FPS.

What i'm leaning towards now is: Acer GN246HL 24" which I can get around $230 with all taxes included, or ViewSonic VX2457-MHD 24" for about $10 less. I have an AMD video card so I hear the Viewsonic may be better due to freesync? My system isn't the best, either, so a 144hz isn't mandatory but of course due to future upgrading could be a good investment.

Should I consider any other monitors in this price range that you guys would see as better than these two? I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choices right now :/
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
2 replies
Sep 16, 2006
899 posts
178 upvotes
Pickering
What video card do you have exactly? You definitely want to go Freesync if you can afford it and you have an AMD card. I have G sync running with my Nvidia card and I just couldn't go back after that. It's a night and day difference.

Take a look at some monitor reviews and try to find the one that best suits your likes/dislikes. If you have an RX480 or one of the Fury cards, have a look at 1440P monitors. Your card can handle it and the extra pixels make your games look very crisp.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1097 posts
795 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Oh right, R9 280x. I was just reading that it doesn't support freesync, though :/ So that might effect my decision.

I was checking out this one which I can end up getting for around $140 after all rebates and taxes. For the price, seems decent? Besides the 50hz refresh rate.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?