• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 4:30 pm
[OP]
Dec 6, 2009
115 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto

Gaming and productivity monitors

Hello, I recently ordered a new graphics cards and wanted to update my 8+ year old monitors to something more modern! I've been rocking a dell ultrasharp IPS from 2008 as my productivity monitor but it's bulky and old at this point.

Ideally I would like a 24-27" productivity monitor with good visuals for watching TV/movies/browsing and a 27" 1440p gaming monitor, ideally with the lowest MS possible for fighting games/FPS. Being VESA mountable is a big + as well

I've looked around for a while now for deals but it's been nearly a decade since I last shopped and did my research, so I was hoping someone who'd put in the work more recently could help me pick out some monitors to update my setup.

Budget is ~$700 tax in for the pair of monitors.

I've seen these threads for productivity monitors and they seem interesting starts for productivity monitors, but I want something I'll be happy with for years:

dell-dell-p2419hc-24in-fhd-ips-pro-moni ... x-2371372/

microsoft-store-lenovo-l24i-20-23-8-mon ... 0-2368479/

Thanks!
4 replies
[OP]
Dec 6, 2009
115 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Nvidia. I'd rather have two separate monitors with different functions rather than one ultrawide like that, but thank you for the suggestion. ~$700 is the top end of my budget and it'd be for the combined total of both monitors.
Jun 2, 2006
860 posts
272 upvotes
Mississauga
warranthad wrote: Nvidia. I'd rather have two separate monitors with different functions rather than one ultrawide like that, but thank you for the suggestion. ~$700 is the top end of my budget and it'd be for the combined total of both monitors.
If you have a Nvidia card, I would recommend one of the 2 monitors have Gsync support for gaming purposes.