• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2019 4:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1035 posts
209 upvotes

[Gap] Gap Sale - 40% off + 10% off + 10% ebates

Received an email from ebates today advertising 40% off (coupon) + 10% off (coupon) + 10% ebates
It's not hot, but I would still say toasty warm.

It's working for me on a few sale items that I looked at. So a shirt for $39.99 on sale for $26.99, final price is $13.13 (including ebates rebate)

40% coupon is GAPFRIEND
10% coupon is GAPSCORE
16 replies
Jun 28, 2015
71 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dammit! I just pulled the trigger yesterday on this deal, but ebates was only at 4%
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2829 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
mhall1 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:40 am
Dammit! I just pulled the trigger yesterday on this deal, but ebates was only at 4%
Same here.. I think I'm gonna phone Gap see if they can apply the new code
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Jun 28, 2015
71 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's not Gap but ebates that changed. I called them to cancel my order,but man their process is terrible. They have to submit a request to cancel, which could take 48 hours and may or may not succeed... So by then ebates may not be offering 10% anymore. But if I reorder before the cancellation goes through, I could be stuck having to do a return in-store... Oh well, YOLO!

Honestly, their site sucks. Two weeks for shipping? They should just sell through Amazon
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
4522 posts
516 upvotes
mhall1 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:18 am
It's not Gap but ebates that changed. I called them to cancel my order,but man their process is terrible. They have to submit a request to cancel, which could take 48 hours and may or may not succeed... So by then ebates may not be offering 10% anymore. But if I reorder before the cancellation goes through, I could be stuck having to do a return in-store... Oh well, YOLO!

Honestly, their site sucks. Two weeks for shipping? They should just sell through Amazon
I would just re-order everything at the 10% cash back and just return the original order. I know they say two weeks for shipping but honestly it's not usually that long. I selected the free shipping option (that takes 7-9 days apparently?), ordered on the 2nd, received everything on the 6th. Makes you wonder why they even bother charging for other shipping options when it's so quick.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1035 posts
209 upvotes
mhall1 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:18 am

From what I heard at one store - Gap might not be around much longer and they are going to be absorbed by Banana Republic and Old Navy.
Jan 12, 2005
723 posts
162 upvotes
canadiancynosure wrote: From what I heard at one store - Gap might not be around much longer and they are going to be absorbed by Banana Republic and Old Navy.
All 3 stores are one company. Just their way of selling at different price points
Nov 15, 2009
170 posts
382 upvotes
B.C.
You win today RFD.

Although it was for some upcoming fall/winter selections for my 4 year old daughter.

Some not bad deals to be had. 4 pants/4 sweaters $80 all in.

Thanks OP.
Jul 22, 2019
29 posts
5 upvotes
Not usually a GAP guy but I needed new trousers.
I'm about to sign up for Ebates and it says that Gap is 4.0%. Does that change at checkout or something?
EDIT: Well I also got a 30% off coupon for signing up for the GAP mailing list, so I'll see if it stacks and update. It looks to be unique so YMMV.
EDIT2: I'm an idiot and this was for old navy.
Last edited by Bilollipop on Aug 9th, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1581 posts
167 upvotes
thanks OP! I posted this yesterday at 4% ebates. deal hunting is a bitc*, there is always a better one coming
Jun 24, 2015
85 posts
60 upvotes
North York, ON
game_fanatic wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:21 am
I would just re-order everything at the 10% cash back and just return the original order. I know they say two weeks for shipping but honestly it's not usually that long. I selected the free shipping option (that takes 7-9 days apparently?), ordered on the 2nd, received everything on the 6th. Makes you wonder why they even bother charging for other shipping options when it's so quick.
This is exactly what I did, placed an order yesterday, saw the better deal today and reordered everything. I'm a big fan of the "Pick up from home" option from UPS so returning the original order will be a breeze. GAP shipping is usually pretty fast. My original order from yesterday has already shipped and arrives next Monday.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
2440 posts
950 upvotes
Canada
They're selection of pant sizes has been getting smaller lately. Do they re-stock?