Gap-No Customer Support

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 11:59 pm
[OP]
Apr 12, 2016
13 posts
30 upvotes

Gap-No Customer Support

Various Gap sales pop up every week. But think twice before ordering. So many orders have been messed up and it is impossible to get through to their customers service for help. Emails get a response: "We have received your email. Due to the unusually high volume of calls, we are unable to respond." Calls are on hold forever. If you check the comments on their Twitter or Facebook accounts, you could get get an idea how big the mess is!
15 replies
May 15, 2012
151 posts
70 upvotes
Alberta
I also wanted to add that in my last order which included a tote bag and a jacket, they stuffed the jacket into the tote bag. Tags were still on but I used to get items individually packed before.....I sense they are pulling stock from stores to make up some of these orders.
Jun 23, 2006
383 posts
146 upvotes
I mailed off my return items mid May. The package must have crawled from Vancouver to Ontario to arrive mid June. Still no sign of refund or any communication. Wondering when is a fair amount of time to call Visa for a chargeback.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9086 posts
2978 upvotes
Mississauga
My order placed three weeks ago still hasn't been shipped. A tracking number has been assigned but no progress data with UPS. ETA was July 9th. So I'll start calling them end of this week.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Jul 6, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
I have an order with Banana Republic that shipped over three weeks ago and is stuck on "label created", so UPS apparently hasn't received it yet. I'll probably call by the end of the week as well, but I have a feeling they wont be able to do much.
Mar 12, 2017
147 posts
76 upvotes
Don't order from Gap Inc. (including Old Navy and Banana Republic) online until their Brampton distribution centre gets their shit together. Only buy their stuff in RL (make sure to wear a mask and socially distance)

I had to wait nearly 6 weeks from the time of ordering to delivery to get my stuff. Old Navy charged my card over 3 weeks before they handed the package off to UPS. It wasn't just a pending charge. But a settled/posted one.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7701 posts
1161 upvotes
GTA
There's a large Old Navy thread on this as well. Although it seems that UPS has now started picking packages up from them (I finally got 2 of 4 packages that had shipping labels prepared and I was charged for in early June), there are numerous internet posts on this that UPS had halted pickups from Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic as of June 3 in Canada due to unpaid bills. They create labels, charge and then nothing.

The reply from Old Navy is the same as Gap - that they are receiving too many messages and will not reply. Their FB is nothing but complaints from hundreds who have been charged but haven't received packages. Refunds also not issued so if you need a refund I'd do it in store. Some waited on hold hours trying to reach someone.

Like I said - at the very end of June, it seemed they reached an arrangement with UPS as they are now picking up packages (at least some - I'm waiting on 2 of 4), but clearly the company is having problems.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26179 posts
23211 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
TL;DR

veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 27, 2003
10874 posts
3175 upvotes
Newmarket
vinelo wrote: I have an order with Banana Republic that shipped over three weeks ago and is stuck on "label created", so UPS apparently hasn't received it yet. I'll probably call by the end of the week as well, but I have a feeling they wont be able to do much.
It took four weeks for my "shipped item" to be scanned by UPS.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1429 posts
989 upvotes
Toronto
im convinced that this is not going to end well.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9086 posts
2978 upvotes
Mississauga
sillysimms wrote: There's a large Old Navy thread on this as well. Although it seems that UPS has now started picking packages up from them (I finally got 2 of 4 packages that had shipping labels prepared and I was charged for in early June), there are numerous internet posts on this that UPS had halted pickups from Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic as of June 3 in Canada due to unpaid bills. They create labels, charge and then nothing.

The reply from Old Navy is the same as Gap - that they are receiving too many messages and will not reply. Their FB is nothing but complaints from hundreds who have been charged but haven't received packages. Refunds also not issued so if you need a refund I'd do it in store. Some waited on hold hours trying to reach someone.

Like I said - at the very end of June, it seemed they reached an arrangement with UPS as they are now picking up packages (at least some - I'm waiting on 2 of 4), but clearly the company is having problems.
Ahh! They're taking our money to pay unpaid bills!
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7701 posts
1161 upvotes
GTA
Raggie wrote: Ahh! They're taking our money to pay unpaid bills!
Seems they've managed to get pickups restarted in the last week or so... We'll see if it lasts!
Never say never
Jan 18, 2015
50 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sillysimms wrote: Seems they've managed to get pickups restarted in the last week or so... We'll see if it lasts!
I didn't know about the issues they were having and placed a Banana Republic order on Friday. It shipped Monday; no pick up scan from UPS. I guess we'll see. I am sure there's a backlog. But this is ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7701 posts
1161 upvotes
GTA
Thalyn wrote: I didn't know about the issues they were having and placed a Banana Republic order on Friday. It shipped Monday; no pick up scan from UPS. I guess we'll see. I am sure there's a backlog. But this is ridiculous.
Yep. I'm not using my Old Navy Super cash for this very reason. 2 orders of mine were split into 4 shipments. Since pickups were resumed in the last week, I've gotten my orders where the UPS labels were created June 7 & June 9. One with the shipping label created June 11 still not picked up by UPS. Not sure how fast everything will get moving and hopefully they don't run into any further $$$ problems.
Never say never
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1429 posts
989 upvotes
Toronto
Summer will be over by the time i get my summer stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)