Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4103 posts
889 upvotes
West Side GTA
hey buildinghomes,

you posted earlier in the thread that sears will come out and fix a craftsman...does the craftsman have a longer warranty period than others? How does sears handle a situation where the garage door opener was purchased by the previous owner, does any warranty transfer over as i don't have any bill of sale from the previous owner(s).
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4977 posts
264 upvotes
Stoney Creek
yao416 wrote: Guys, if our current GDO is chain operated, does it mean I have to buy a chain operated GDO?
The chain or belt is included when you buy an opener, so the choice is yours.
Jun 25, 2010
784 posts
236 upvotes
my new house is closing in april2011..when is the best time to buy the GDO( I mean when are the sales on for the GDO's)......It is a double car garage.. 18'4" X 20'0"...what brand is good and how big the motor should be.
Thanks..
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2934 posts
76 upvotes
I have an appointment with Ron tomorrow to install our new Chamberlain 1/2hp belt drive. :)
Mar 23, 2005
171 posts
10 upvotes
We are actually looking for someone to install the garage door. We are replacing our 20 year old one.

Any Idea how much it owuld be? It's one large double door garage.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
474 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
These are questions you will have to ask Sears to get answered.

-=phelan=- wrote: you posted earlier in the thread that sears will come out and fix a craftsman...does the craftsman have a longer warranty period than others? How does sears handle a situation where the garage door opener was purchased by the previous owner, does any warranty transfer over as i don't have any bill of sale from the previous owner(s).
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1834 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
Ron and Wife came in 2 weekends ago and did the job. Took them about 2.5 hrs on a single door. $80. Highly recommended.
Dec 5, 2005
349 posts
5 upvotes
Oakville
Ron and his wife came and installed my new Chamberlain and the whole experience was what you all said .... Great.

These two operate with complete professionalism and apparently they have their own detailing business. Based on the whole experience with them, I will try their detailing out in Ajax when i get a chance.

Cheers.
Apr 11, 2007
203 posts
10 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Had my 2 craftsman gdo installed by Ron recently. Thanks all for the feedback. I am pleased with the work they did. It was $80@ door.
Sep 26, 2009
202 posts
61 upvotes
Stittsville
Looking for a GDO installer in Ottawa, any recomendations for under $100.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1393 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
kaka55 wrote: Looking for a GDO installer in Ottawa, any recomendations for under $100.

Dumais Custom Garage Door

613 745 5219

highly recommended. did our door and 2 of my neighbours and a few friends.
Aug 16, 2007
812 posts
66 upvotes
Richmond Hill
anyone recommend a GDO installer in the Cambridge/Kitchener/Guelph area?

its for someone I know.

Thanks!
Jul 8, 2007
20 posts
2 upvotes
Another recommendation for Ron and his wife. They came in on Sunday and completed the install in about 1.5 hours, and took the time to show me how everything worked.
May 4, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Does anyone remember the name of it by any chance?

Thanks in advance!
Jan 14, 2005
189 posts
1 upvote
Amazing Auto Detail
855 Westney Rd. S. #7
Ajax
905-424-7447
Jan 15, 2011
281 posts
20 upvotes
Bolton
Ron and his wife were amazing, they did mine and my neighbours home. He takes pride in his work.
Nov 4, 2008
411 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody know if Ron is insured for his installs?
Oct 25, 2008
517 posts
358 upvotes
Montreal
Antiloop wrote: Ron finished installing my GDO tonight.

Amazing job, very clean, he stapled all the wires very neatly.

I will definately use him again when needed.

Can't beat his price for the level of work he does.

$80 is a no brainer...

wow, $80 is a no brainer.

I just installed my Chamberlain - took me 3 hrs from start to finish, keep in mind it was my first install and I read the instructions line for line - my wife helped me once or twice.

I have to say it went really smooth, I could easily shave off 45 mins or so if I did it again - and at least an hour if i had someone helping the entire time.

but for $80 - I would have paid to have it done.
Jan 15, 2011
281 posts
20 upvotes
Bolton
Insured? Who cares, he's bot going to ruin anything, nor will he deliberately trip and fall and due you.. He's great. Honestly couple, honest work.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
474 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
Nicky911 wrote: Insured? Who cares, he's bot going to ruin anything, nor will he deliberately trip and fall and due you.. He's great. Honestly couple, honest work.

Insurance is a part of any honest business. Just hope nothing happens to anyone working on your home if they do not have some form of WSIB.
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)