[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
2542 posts
274 upvotes
Scarborough

Garage door and opener installer recommendation

Hi RFD,

I am in the Markham and Sheppard area. My garage door is the older type doors that require manual opening and closing. I wanted to change it out for a automatic garage door opener and the door it self. Its a single garage door.

Looking to get it done in the spring.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you
Telus EPP $50/20GB
Fido-$30/2GB, 1000 LD Minutes, Unlimited Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and MMS worldwide
2 replies
Jun 26, 2019
778 posts
576 upvotes
Markham Garage Door.

I've used them twice, did a great job, no complaints.

I've heard good things about Dodds and Stouffville Garage Doors.
Mar 31, 2017
71 posts
40 upvotes
We changed our garage door and opener about 2 years ago and used Scarborough Garage Doors. They did a good job.

Originally called Markham Garage Doors and they referred us to Scarborough since I'm in North York. I don't think it's the exact same company but they're affiliated because the two guys running Scarborough Garage Doors used to be employees of Markham Garage Doors.

We had some decorative hardware they forgot with the install and they came back in 2 weeks to put it on. They didn't even ask me to pay an additional amount other than the original deposit even though the garage and garage opener was installed.

Dodds is a big company but I didn't like the salesman when he came out for a quote. Tried to use the sleazy salesman tactic to get an order on the same day claiming the cost of materials was going up over the weekend so I had until 5 pm that day to lock in the current price. If I placed my order next week I would pay more. It didn't sit well with me. Saw a post in another thread a couple weeks later where another RFD member got the exact same spiel from Dodds as well.