Home & Garden

Garage door opener replacement battery needed

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2021 10:35 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 25, 2005
659 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga

Garage door opener replacement battery needed

I have a chamberlain garage door opener and the unit back up battery needs replacing.

The battery model is 41A6357-1

Where can I get it? Crappy Tire wants $70!. There are online retailers but who knows if their product is good.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3316 posts
1520 upvotes
Mississauga
This was the reason I stayed away from the backup battery models ... you will need to replace them annually .... and I did not see a need for the off chance I would use it.

I think in last 20 yrs I can only think of 1 time and that was because the garage circuit tripped and I was too lazy to go back into the house to flip it back.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 25, 2005
659 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
TLSRULZ wrote: This was the reason I stayed away from the backup battery models ... you will need to replace them annually .... and I did not see a need for the off chance I would use it.

I think in last 20 yrs I can only think of 1 time and that was because the garage circuit tripped and I was too lazy to go back into the house to flip it back.
Although the manual says that the battery needs replacing annually -- mine lasted 7 years
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 12, 2008
3140 posts
758 upvotes
Ancaster
Mine conked out last year......15 years later.....haven't replaced it yet but will look at these options.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 25, 2005
659 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
nielboy wrote: Mine conked out last year......15 years later.....haven't replaced it yet but will look at these options.
Lucky you it lasted 15 years

The unit makes an irritating blipping noise which I hear in the laundry room and when in the garage. If I can disable that noise then there is no need for a backup battery.
Member
Feb 11, 2009
357 posts
120 upvotes
i never plugged mine in for chamberlain and there are no noise or beeping. Only downside is if there is a power outage then the garage opener doesn't work but it's not really a problem imo
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11446 posts
6627 upvotes
Paris
TLSRULZ wrote: This was the reason I stayed away from the backup battery models ... you will need to replace them annually .... and I did not see a need for the off chance I would use it.

I think in last 20 yrs I can only think of 1 time and that was because the garage circuit tripped and I was too lazy to go back into the house to flip it back.
The ONLY implementation of this that made sense is the Ryobi opener which uses a standard 18v power tool battery. But the Ryobi opener is expensive.

Also, I agree. Our power has never once been out since 2007 when I installed the opener without a battery backup when I wanted to open the garage door.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3316 posts
1520 upvotes
Mississauga
Jerico wrote: The ONLY implementation of this that made sense is the Ryobi opener which uses a standard 18v power tool battery. But the Ryobi opener is expensive.

Also, I agree. Our power has never once been out since 2007 when I installed the opener without a battery backup when I wanted to open the garage door.
Yea .. and if it does happen ... the rope release is a quick solution... just make sure your spring tension is fine ... easy peasy
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
16615 posts
11356 upvotes
Markham
fhirji wrote: Lucky you it lasted 15 years

The unit makes an irritating blipping noise which I hear in the laundry room and when in the garage. If I can disable that noise then there is no need for a backup battery.
I think if you unplug it, the beeping might stop... Right now the beep means low battery.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
7872 posts
3720 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Jerico wrote: The ONLY implementation of this that made sense is the Ryobi opener which uses a standard 18v power tool battery. But the Ryobi opener is expensive.
Apparently not very popular too. The local HD has been clearing at least some components (and other Ryobi stuff) to Habitat for Humanity thrift stores in my area.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11446 posts
6627 upvotes
Paris
thriftshopper wrote: Apparently not very popular too. The local HD has been clearing at least some components (and other Ryobi stuff) to Habitat for Humanity thrift stores in my area.
It was too much money, and had a shit warranty compared to the established players.

Top