Home & Garden

Garage Door Repair - North York

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2021 11:44 am
[OP]
Newbie
May 3, 2018
9 posts

Garage Door Repair - North York

Hi,

My garage door 's cable snapped ( I think, they are loose now) and it wont open. How much does it roughly cost to replace the cable and how much to replace the spring?

Appreciate recommendations for reliable and reasonable contact.

Thank you.
9 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
17228 posts
19118 upvotes
Oakville
Astley wrote: Hi,

My garage door 's cable snapped ( I think, they are loose now) and it wont open. How much does it roughly cost to replace the cable and how much to replace the spring?

Appreciate recommendations for reliable and reasonable contact.

Thank you.
More likely the cable is just off the track or the spring is broken it you don't have a frayed end of a cable having loose.
Expect a minimum of $200 just to have someone come out and fix a loose cable. As another $150 per broken spring, maybe $100 for a cable.

I DIY'd mine for $80 a spring.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
Newbie
May 3, 2018
9 posts
HI all, would appreciate recommended contacts for repair as we need to get the car out of the house today. Thanks!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
17228 posts
19118 upvotes
Oakville
Astley wrote: HI all, would appreciate recommended contacts for repair as we need to get the car out of the house today. Thanks!
If you can get some help, you should be able to lift it. My double door is only 170lbs. Make sure you disconnect it from the opener.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
Newbie
May 3, 2018
9 posts
Thanks Bianco. Called Rob; he doesn't have anyone till next week.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2015
1042 posts
1225 upvotes
Canada
https://mogagaragedoors.com/

I used them before maybe 3 years ago. Nice guy and price is reasonable. He will tell you some issues that may need repair soon but no hard sell. Just something to watch for. My garage spring broke, he showed me the cables and pulley are worn (15 years old easily). Told him to replace them as well to have a complete new system. I think I paid 230 for everything. (my quote for the spring replacement was 180 then I add 50 for cables and pulleys) . Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1186 posts
681 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Astley wrote: Thanks Bianco. Called Rob; he doesn't have anyone till next week.
Sorry to hear this, he must be very busy.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10092 posts
9947 upvotes
Markham
CuriousJack wrote: https://mogagaragedoors.com/

I used them before maybe 3 years ago. Nice guy and price is reasonable. He will tell you some issues that may need repair soon but no hard sell. Just something to watch for. My garage spring broke, he showed me the cables and pulley are worn (15 years old easily). Told him to replace them as well to have a complete new system. I think I paid 230 for everything. (my quote for the spring replacement was 180 then I add 50 for cables and pulleys) . Hope this helps.
I've used these guys twice, and both times I am fully satisfied. Price was fair and work was done well.

Whatever you do, do not contact some ass**** on Kijiji. I learned this the hard way.

Top