• Jul 7th, 2020 12:21 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
302 posts
41 upvotes

Garage floor leveling

Single car space garage approx. 15x25 Sq.Ft
Already existing atleast 15 yrs old Concrete flooring but problem is that water remains in floor in 1 or 2 small areas upto my observation and i have to push it to let out as does not go or drain automatically.
Is it time to do floor leveling?
i am a very very basic DIY skilled & need your recommendation on what is the exact product i should use and any tips or techniques for DIY would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12915 posts
4521 upvotes
Ontario
if its that bad, maybe consider redoing it all with a proper slope, you could even add a water grate for it to flow into.

Other then that, not sure how self leveling cement would hold up in the garage.
May 25, 2020
52 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Its really not straightforward to level concrete in a way that will withstand traffic and weight - even self levelling cement is tricky to adhere to the old substrate. Where does the water that accumulates come from? Does rainwater flow through the garage, or is this more like drips coming off a parked car after a rainstorm? If its a small amount of water thats accumulating and its not happening often, you could drill a 1/2" hole through the existing pad and let the puddle drain to the gravel under the pad, or maybe saw cut a shallow (1-2") groove in the direction of the slope of the garage to let the water flow through. If rainwater is flowing through the garage, you have a bigger problem than a couple of puddles and I would address that first by re-grading outside the garage.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3298 posts
884 upvotes
Ancaster
I rectified similar problems in my garage with an epoxy coating on my floor. The low spots were levelled off and the coating installed by a contractor. This was back in 2006 and it's still holding up excellently.

If you don't want the cost outlay of epoxy they also offer a concrete capping/levelling that could prove to be a good option for you.

https://www.epoxysolutionsresidential.c ... age-floors