Home & Garden

Garage window, don't want people to see in, what to use ?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2017 4:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2235 posts
624 upvotes
Acton, Ontario

Garage window, don't want people to see in, what to use ?

I'm wondering what I can use on my garage window so people can't see inside when I'm working in the garage ?
One sided privacy tint would be awsome, let some light in, but give you mirror look outside so other can't see in, but apparently once you put lights on in the evening everyone can see in, at least to my knowledge.
Is there anything else that I can use, or is total black out necessary ?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12753 posts
7417 upvotes
Brampton
Buy a roll of Gila opaque film at Home depot. It's what I used
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
528 upvotes
I don't have windows on my garage walls, but I put a frosted film on the inside of my garage door windows. Makes it so you can't see anything inside, but lets light in which is useful if you're in there but have the door closed (eg in winter). It was just some adhesive backed stuff, just peel and stick.

Since you mentioned the reflective tint, I'll mention I used that for all the other windows on the house. It really works, privacy is much better. It's also true that at night with the lights on you can see inside, but that's true with or without film. (edit: that's when I close the curtains)

I used the film that's available at Princess Auto: (edit: very economical)
https://www.princessauto.com/en/search? ... solar+film
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11619 posts
6814 upvotes
Paris
Window wallpaper it's also called at some places.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3076 posts
1222 upvotes
Windsor
How big is the window? What about crappy pull-down roller blinds, as well as some tint? Tint for daytime, roller blinds for evening/night. As far as I know, no matter what you put on the window, if it's night time, and you have lights on inside, they'll be able to clearly see in.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)