Garden hose stuck in pressure washer water inlet

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 6:06 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5758 upvotes

Garden hose stuck in pressure washer water inlet

I guess I overtightened it and now it seems to be stuck in the inlet.

When I turn the wheel the hose connector just turns with it =/

I was going to buy a new hose anyway, but I have no idea how to get the hose connector out of the inlet.

I'll take pics later but it's this one from Canadian Tire https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/sund ... 2773p.html
Images
  • 20200420_155533.jpg
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1310 posts
761 upvotes
Oshawa
The black part is to aid in HAND tightening the male end of the hose into it.
If the female end which the black plastic is over top is now spinning take a hacksaw blade, cut in half and split it off.
You should now be able to hold back on the female end with a pair of pliers.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to use a pair of pliers anytime you want to tighten/loosen the fitting in the future.
If you like things really tight might I recommend a 2’ pipe wrench with cheater bar.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5758 upvotes
Thanks

I can't believe I got it stuck in there, I only tightened until it got snug
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2654 posts
1789 upvotes
Edmonton
Two pairs of pliers?
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
Remove the hose clamp and cut away the remnants of the green hose. That will reveal the male hose connector. Grip the hose connector with a pair of vise grips - one jaw inside the hose connector, the other on the outside. Tighten it as hard as you can. Holding the vice grips as hard as you can, grip the black plastic knurled knob and torque it counterclockwise. If you need assistance, a larger pair of slip-joint pliers or a pipe wrench on the knurled knob would make short work of this.

Good luck.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Jan 19, 2013
708 posts
626 upvotes
Ottawa
You’re turning the black knob clockwise as seen in that photo correct?
You’re on the reverse side of the knob so you need to turn clockwise to loosen....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5758 upvotes
CaptSmethwick wrote: Remove the hose clamp and cut away the remnants of the green hose. That will reveal the male hose connector. Grip the hose connector with a pair of vise grips - one jaw inside the hose connector, the other on the outside. Tighten it as hard as you can. Holding the vice grips as hard as you can, grip the black plastic knurled knob and torque it counterclockwise. If you need assistance, a larger pair of slip-joint pliers or a pipe wrench on the knurled knob would make short work of this.

Good luck.
Thanks, that did the trick real quick lol, made it way easier to get a good grip on the hose connector
Images
  • received_226482385351452.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
Squirrel99 wrote: Thanks, that did the trick real quick lol, made it way easier to get a good grip on the hose connector
In the future, you can spray a little lithium grease in the connection. I used to get the same problem and it's one of the reasons why I use a quick connect on my pw.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007