• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2021 12:40 pm
[OP]
Sep 13, 2008
881 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto

Gardena Oscillating Sprinkler - leaking

Turned on my sprinkler today for the first time since last fall. It's not spraying as far because it seems to be leaking from between the the center piece and the piece that oscillates.

It was fine before I put it away for the winter. I stored in the garage, where water doesn't freeze in the winter. I just bought this sprinkler last summer. Anyone know how to fix this?

4 replies
May 6, 2010
694 posts
140 upvotes
Richmond Hill
this video shows how to disassemble but I tried with other Gardena products and repair is almost impossible.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1779 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
redwings_patriots wrote: Turned on my sprinkler today for the first time since last fall. It's not spraying as far because it seems to be leaking from between the the center piece and the piece that oscillates.

It was fine before I put it away for the winter. I stored in the garage, where water doesn't freeze in the winter. I just bought this sprinkler last summer. Anyone know how to fix this?

Should be under warranty for 1 year as per Canadian Tire.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3705 posts
1235 upvotes
Edmonton
Should be simple.
Take it apart and if it's a gasket, replace gasket.
If it's a one piece, I would just run a bead over and should be sealed. In this case since it's plastic, use your plastic welder and run a bead. Not a bad idea to get some penetration into it but don't go too deep.
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8