Garfield themed restaurant coming to Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2021 10:13 am
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
playnicee1 wrote: That's a major insult. Have you ever had a steak at Tom Jones Steak house? I happen to love that place. I could go on, but you'll have to leave my name out of it.
I also never once said that Garfield Pizza is the place to go for good pizza.
I DID however say, the dude running the place knows a thing or two about good coffee.
He offers people a free black coffee and encourages people to taste it black first before adding anything to it.
Too bad he's not running a coffee shop. He would have done a lot better.
Oh sorry. You just talk a lot about fast food and franchise types.
Like MTY group thats nothing but fast food and food court type eateries.
Burger king, mcdonalds, jollibees etc. Type food. Is not bad. They are mainstream for a reason. Because a little bit of everyone everywhere goes to these kinda places.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Oh sorry. You just talk a lot about fast food and franchise types.
Like MTY group thats nothing but fast food and food court type eateries.
Burger king, mcdonalds, jollibees etc. Type food. Is not bad. They are mainstream for a reason. Because a little bit of everyone everywhere goes to these kinda places.
You shouldn't apologize for stating facts... although I kinda read between the lines and your "apology" probably wasn't 100% sincere :-) What will he say next? Some totally non-committal BS like "MTY might buy Tom Jones Steak House. Or maybe they won't. I'm sure they're looking into buying steak houses. Or maybe they're not." We've seen this scripting before, so I'll just throw this out there now.

Let's not forget Garfield Pizza has MTY Shit Restaurants Group all over it, the "front man" tries hard to hide it but I figured it out pretty fast as he didn't wisely pick which other restaurants to name-drop:
garfield-themed-restaurant-coming-toron ... #p33086334

Thankfully I don't see a pattern of KBD YouTube shilling for MTY Shit Restaurants the way he's so blatantly shilled for RBI in recent weeks. However, his glowing review of Garfield (in stark contrast to reviews found on Yelp and Google) suggests they knew he was coming and rolled out the red carpet for him.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Like MTY group thats nothing but fast food and food court type eateries.
I still prefer Tom Jones Steak house over this MTY place any day: https://www.batonrouge.ca/en
Last edited by playnicee1 on Feb 16th, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: You shouldn't apologize for stating facts... although I kinda read between the lines and your "apology" probably wasn't 100% sincere :-) What will he say next? Some totally non-committal BS like "MTY might buy Tom Jones Steak House. Or maybe they won't. I'm sure they're looking into buying steak houses. Or maybe they're not." We've seen this scripting before, so I'll just throw this out there now.

Let's not forget Garfield Pizza has MTY Shit Restaurants Group all over it, the "front man" tries hard to hide it but I figured it out pretty fast as he didn't wisely pick which other restaurants to name-drop:
garfield-themed-restaurant-coming-toron ... #p33086334

Thankfully I don't see a pattern of KBD YouTube shilling for MTY Shit Restaurants the way he's so blatantly shilled for RBI in recent weeks. However, his glowing review of Garfield (in stark contrast to reviews found on Yelp and Google) suggests they knew he was coming and rolled out the red carpet for him.
Hey you! Stop instigating! I’m sorry because its not intended to be an insult. These “crappy” and “generic” places exist for a reasons. They have mainstream appeal.
Maybe i don’t like it, or you don’t like it. But people like it! Occasionally i’ll like it! Like road trips and only tims available. Thats fine i grab a ice cap & a bagel.

playnicee1 wrote: I still prefer Tom Jones Steak house over this MTY place any day: https://www.batonrouge.ca/en
And you! It wasn't meant to be an insult. It’s totally fine to enjoy these things.its totally okay! That why thatb500,000 subscriber guy exist... and he does his vids based on stuff like popeyes chicken and tim hortons.

And p.s. i’m sorry but, Tom Jones isnt a good dining option. But i get it. You like other stuff too.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: And p.s. i’m sorry but, Tom Jones isnt a good dining option. But i get it. You like other stuff too.
Tom Jones IS a very good dining option for special events etc.
(or was, if Covid 19 has forced them to close for good due to no patio, etc)
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Like road trips and only tims available.
There is never "only Tims" on a road trip. In the sticks with fewer options I can still hold out and wait for the next exit that has a McDonald's, Starbucks, or Wendy's.
Then again most of my road trips are in the USA so I can hold out for Dunkin Donuts, Chick-Fil-A, Waffle House, Peet's, CBTL, and many superior options than that Tim's crap. So nice to go south or west and see no more Tim's at every exit.
As you said there are "generic" places and there are "crappy" places. Tim's is firmly in the latter group (along with Boston Pizza... yuck). Generic I can eat. Crap I won't.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Dude makes $7k US a month shilling for Tim's and Wendy's. I'm in the wrong line of work...

Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
NOO!!!!!!
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
GOOD RIDDANCE!

The article is quite funny - dude's taking a page from the Donald Trump "How to not concede defeat" playbook... Uh, if you can't pay rent because your business flopped you get evicted. Same as, if you don't get 270 electoral votes you don't win the election. Just because you say it's fake news, doesn't make it so. I guess wiseguy's lawyer couldn't save him this time? HA HA HA!

I seriously doubt anybody will be ordering his frozen lasagna and his merchandise, except maybe his 1 fanboi/shill in this thread. If I want frozen lasagna I can easily find it at Costco, any local supermarket, or M&M Meat Shops....and I'm too old for silly Garfield toys.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: GOOD RIDDANCE!

The article is quite funny - dude's taking a page from the Donald Trump "How to not concede defeat" playbook... Uh, if you can't pay rent because your business flopped you get evicted. Same as, if you don't get 270 electoral votes you don't win the election. Just because you say it's fake news, doesn't make it so. I guess wiseguy's lawyer couldn't save him this time? HA HA HA!

I seriously doubt anybody will be ordering his frozen lasagna and his merchandise, except maybe his 1 fanboi/shill in this thread. If I want frozen lasagna I can easily find it at Costco, any local supermarket, or M&M Meat Shops....and I'm too old for silly Garfield toys.
Good analogy with the election lol. When I first read the closure, I was sure this Nathen guy was trolling us, surely he doesn't believe his own hype? But maybe he really does, shrugs. I expect the frozen lasagna to flop too
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote: Good analogy with the election lol. When I first read the closure, I was sure this Nathen guy was trolling us, surely he doesn't believe his own hype? But maybe he really does, shrugs. I expect the frozen lasagna to flop too
I found it strange that he didn't just open a coffee shop (no theme) and give that a try.
He was offering complimentary black coffee and expected people to give it a little taste before adding anything to it.
You know what? Now that I think about it, he seemed to be more proud of his coffee than anything he was actually selling...
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
HP_John wrote: Good analogy with the election lol. When I first read the closure, I was sure this Nathen guy was trolling us, surely he doesn't believe his own hype? But maybe he really does, shrugs. I expect the frozen lasagna to flop too
Sounds to me his rich daddy and/or MTY Shit Restaurants Group didn't want to keep throwing good money after bad, and pulled the plug on little Nathan's pet project...
Maybe his daddy will be nice and send him overseas for the winter to run their Dubai operations (into the ground), HA!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: And now he's shilling for Swiss Chalet (and Harveys)? $7k/mo (US)....
Well hey? Whatever gets him a brand new car... lol The guy you're talking about is EVERYWHERE though, not just Swiss Chalet.

Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1311 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Sounds to me his rich daddy and/or MTY Shit Restaurants Group didn't want to keep throwing good money after bad, and pulled the plug on little Nathan's pet project...
Maybe his daddy will be nice and send him overseas for the winter to run their Dubai operations (into the ground), HA!
Did MTY mistreat you in some fashion? I'm starting to think your a disgruntled employee or something because every post you make bashes them and you bold their name every time you mention them. We get it you don't like them, that's fair but man that's some grudge you've been holding for years now, time to take a breather and let it go.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
2139 posts
1969 upvotes
HghSsociety wrote: Did MTY mistreat you in some fashion? I'm starting to think your a disgruntled employee or something because every post you make bashes them and you bold their name every time you mention them. We get it you don't like them, that's fair but man that's some grudge you've been holding for years now, time to take a breather and let it go.
shutterbug wrote: I've got him on ignore for a couple years now specifically because he keeps harping the same theme over and over.
Serially offended by inoffensive food distributors, if they appeal to a mass market.

Let's see:

Tim Horton's, RBI group - check
MTY group - check
Dairy industry cartel - check
Cara group, aka, Recipe Unlimited - check
high end ice cream makers like Kawartha dairy - check

Ironic, when you consider that the whole point of their business model is to have inoffensive food that appeal to a mass market. LOL. Just a virtually loud, opinionated, belligerent and obnoxious bougie.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Mint! I actually ordered the lasagna that I didn't get to have when the store was around!! Haven't consumed it yet but it was $19.20 and the purchase was through penguin pickup.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke