Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Garmin Fenix 2 Special Edition GPS Watch - $289

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2015 8:14 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 14, 2015
80 posts
73 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Fenix 2 Special Edition GPS Watch - $289

Amazon.ca has the Garmin Fenix 2 GPS Watch Special Edition for $289. If you buy it today, you qualify for a $10 promotional credit on top of that. They also have the same watch with a heart rate monitor for $349.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
5768 upvotes
Genuinely interested to know what $300 buys you nowadays where you can just get a GPS watch with HRM from TomTom for $80 or a Lowe end garmin.

Or get a Bluetooth HRM and just connect it to your phone.

I'm sure some people are athletic enough and dedicated enough to warranty paying top dollar for the best out there but I just don't see what this watch offers.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3655 posts
1140 upvotes
GTA
I've had issues with the Fenix 2 (regular) in terms of GPS accuracy. Dude at fellrnr describes this problem here. Battery was pretty decent though. Not sure if recent firmware updates have fixed.. Frustrated, I eventually sold it and went with a Suunto. No problems so far.

If I had to go Garmin, I'd stick with a 910XT. I believe it is on sale at amazon for $199. Battery life should suffice unless you run ultras, haha.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2689 upvotes
Vancouver
The Fenix is a navigation watch, with extra functions to let you mark and navigate to waypoints, and an accurate pressure altimeter, the sort of functions that wilderness hikers would use. It can even store and display some simple map backgrounds. The other sports-oriented GPS watches don't do that type of function.

Seems like Amazon has a lot of GPS watches on sale at the moment.

If your primary interest is running, then the TomTom Runner on sale at $80 at BB is a much better deal.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18024 posts
10827 upvotes
Ottawa
fatestkid wrote: Genuinely interested to know what $300 buys you nowadays where you can just get a GPS watch with HRM from TomTom for $80 or a Lowe end garmin.

Or get a Bluetooth HRM and just connect it to your phone.

I'm sure some people are athletic enough and dedicated enough to warranty paying top dollar for the best out there but I just don't see what this watch offers.
there's a lot to the more expensive watches than what you get in a basic cheap watch.

A detailed review of what this watch offers http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/03/garm ... sport.html

It would be worth it if you actually use the watch to track the improvement in your regular workouts and races if you are on a training schedule. For the triathlete, this watch can track your swimming performance, biking (with ANT+ connectivity including power meter) and runs (also has extra Running Dynamics feature) in one device.

For person who just runs without any kind of goal or training regiment, then for sure this watch would be overkill.

Also, this watch does support navigation as mentioned
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
5768 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: there's a lot to the more expensive watches than what you get in a basic cheap watch.

A detailed review of what this watch offers http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/03/garm ... sport.html

It would be worth it if you actually use the watch to track the improvement in your regular workouts and races if you are on a training schedule. For the triathlete, this watch can track your swimming performance, biking (with ANT+ connectivity including power meter) and runs (also has extra Running Dynamics feature) in one device.

For person who just runs without any kind of goal or training regiment, then for sure this watch would be overkill.

Also, this watch does support navigation as mentioned
Thank you
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)