Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Garmin

Venu 2 $289.99 (44.2% off) and Vivoactive 4 $249.99 (47.9% off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2022 11:54 am
Newbie
Oct 11, 2022
81 posts
72 upvotes
I had both VA4 and Venu 1.

I prefer the Venu by a lot. Yes the transflective display is nice in super bright conditions, but the Venu's screen I find makes the whole experience way nicer and much more "2020". VA4 felt like a blast to the past with 2000s displays.

The Venu has also way more watch faces available thanks to the nicer screen.

In my personal opinion, the VA4 is a dead platform, and the choice is easy vs a Venu 2. Multiple upgrades over the 1 and V4 (especially for sleep tracking and body battery, which are huge daily features), and the battery was already great on the V1.

However. I am 2 years in, and the OLED screen is showing signs of burn in.

Edit: easy battery for a full work week, including 4x sports tracking with GPS for 1h+ each, but SpO2 and AOD off.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2008
1993 posts
1861 upvotes
eric4698 wrote: I’m in the same boat.
Would you go with VA4 or the Venu2 for the $100 price diff?
The Venu2 looks to be an upgraded VA4 with some extra functions. The VA3 is my first smartwatch after I switched from FitBit devices. I don't run or need music. I use the watch to track mtn biking and hiking for most of the activity usage. In my comparison the Instinct 2 or fenix 7 leans more to the functionality I want. Just a matter of whether the mono screen on the Instinct is nice or not. Might have to try both out
Member
Nov 6, 2013
367 posts
247 upvotes
shadowsteve wrote: The Venu2 looks to be an upgraded VA4 with some extra functions. The VA3 is my first smartwatch after I switched from FitBit devices. I don't run or need music. I use the watch to track mtn biking and hiking for most of the activity usage. In my comparison the Instinct 2 or fenix 7 leans more to the functionality I want. Just a matter of whether the mono screen on the Instinct is nice or not. Might have to try both out
Why did you switch from Fitbit, if I may ask?
Member
Jan 14, 2008
273 posts
132 upvotes
I have been using the original venu for a couple years and I'm tempted to get the venu 2. Worth the upgrade?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2008
1993 posts
1861 upvotes
fredkins wrote: Why did you switch from Fitbit, if I may ask?
I had a Fitbit Blaze and I wanted the GPS tracking the Garmin has for hike/bike tracking. I also found that step count on a Fitbit was optimistic whereas if I count steps while walking and compare to the change on my VA3 it's accurate
Member
Nov 6, 2013
367 posts
247 upvotes
shadowsteve wrote: I had a Fitbit Blaze and I wanted the GPS tracking the Garmin has for hike/bike tracking. I also found that step count on a Fitbit was optimistic whereas if I count steps while walking and compare to the change on my VA3 it's accurate
Thanks.

Im really debating between the Sense 2 and Venu 2s for my wife. Only health stats are needed to track.. Sense 2 seems pretty accurate but I don't like the monthly premium, if only the Garmin had ECG...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
1865 posts
2098 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Good pricing, thanks OP (even though I won't be taking advantage of the sale). I have both a Venu 2 and a Vivoactive 3, and I find the Venu 2 to be a much more pleasant experience. It's not that there is anything wrong with the VA series - I wore the VA3 for two years before getting a Venu 2 - but the Venu screen is just so much nicer and it has additional health stats. Garmin's software does a good job of supporting multiple devices simultaneously, so if you upgrade and keep your old watch as I did you can go between them as needed. (The VA3 does feel a touch more rugged than the Venu, so I use it when I'm working in the yard or other activities where a watch might inadvertently get bashed about.)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
17017 posts
4804 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I love Garmin’s body battery. So good at tracking my energy levels.
Sr. Member
Oct 17, 2007
504 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga
How's the VA4 specifically for running? I'm currently using a Forerunner 35, which I can live with, except it can take ages (>5 minutes) to lock on to a GPS signal sometimes.
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2006
588 posts
31 upvotes
tezster wrote: How's the VA4 specifically for running? I'm currently using a Forerunner 35, which I can live with, except it can take ages (>5 minutes) to lock on to a GPS signal sometimes.
The VA3 locks in within about 10 seconds for me, so the VA4 most be the same or better. I use it mostly for running and it is great.
Newbie
Oct 11, 2022
81 posts
72 upvotes
tezster wrote: How's the VA4 specifically for running? I'm currently using a Forerunner 35, which I can live with, except it can take ages (>5 minutes) to lock on to a GPS signal sometimes.
I do get long lock times on VA4 and Venu 1, but that's usually when I haven't done a sync with Garmin Connect in a while, or when I change to a really new region. Needs to be connected to Garmin Connect with the app able to determine your location.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2006
3450 posts
2853 upvotes
Markham
Still rocking my VA3. Tempted to go for the VA4 but not sure it’s enough of an upgrade for me. Hard decision mostly because my VA3 battery is still strong and it does everything I need and I’m also considering something more “fancy” from Garmin but just don’t know what. They got so many watches.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jr. Member
Jun 27, 2018
153 posts
406 upvotes
Nlcdn18 wrote: Looks like a lot of their watches are on sale including the Instinct 2, Epix and Fenix. Unfortunately I'm looking to upgrade from the Vivoactive3 to a Forerunner 255 which isn't on sale at the moment. Fingers crossed it'll go on sale for actual Black Friday
Very rare that current gen garmin watches are significantly discounted. And the 255 being basically their latest release, I wouldn't count on it, but you never know!
Newbie
Feb 6, 2018
57 posts
59 upvotes
Victoria
aldhux wrote: Very rare that current gen garmin watches are significantly discounted. And the 255 being basically their latest release, I wouldn't count on it, but you never know!
I actually ended up remembering I have a Venngo account through work which gives me 20% off most products including the Forerunner 255 so I just ordered it. Even if Garmin does discount it for actual BF, I doubt they'll discount it that much. If anybody is curious, the 20% doesn't stack on other sales, so if product is already on sale, it'll be the greater of 20% or the sale price.
Jr. Member
Nov 8, 2007
110 posts
107 upvotes
Montreal
I wouldn't recommend the VA4 (nor the Venu 1) at this point. Hardware is dated and no longer really gets new features/better sleep tracking.
Venu 2 is fantastic in comparison, and worth the extra money.


Note: Current owner of Venu 1, waiting to upgrade eventually...


Edit: for those pondering about Fitbit vs Garmin, here's my 0.02$: Don't get Fitbit. Hardware is unreliable and usually fails after a year (after warranty). Lots of features hidden behind a paywall. Garmin's app is a little more complex, but all features are free.

I'd only recommend the Fitbit if you're really invested in its social features.
Jr. Member
Sep 16, 2011
112 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Is there an expire date on these prices?
Will it get better Black Friday?
Cheers :)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
8001 posts
4885 upvotes
West GTEH!
Thanks everyone on your comments about Garmin and other smartwatch. very helpful.

I'm a newbie to this product. Would anyone suggest the Instinct for $199.99 be a good 1st smartwatch purchase? And not spend too much money.
I don't need all the fancy features, just health/heart monitoring and when I am walking/working out/hiking.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.
😎
Newbie
Oct 11, 2022
81 posts
72 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Thanks everyone on your comments about Garmin and other smartwatch. very helpful.

I'm a newbie to this product. Would anyone suggest the Instinct for $199.99 be a good 1st smartwatch purchase? And not spend too much money.
I don't need all the fancy features, just health/heart monitoring and when I am walking/working out/hiking.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.
Are you looking for smart watch or fitness tracker?

If the former, maybe go for Venu 2 or a smasung / apple.

If the latter, I would suggest a Fitbit Charge. Cheap intro to fitness, much more user friendly, more emphasis on lifestyle improvements / changes vs performance training / advanced monitoring. Not sure a out the pay wall for fitbit now, but back in the days it didn't have any and I do miss the lifestyle focus of the watch.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
8001 posts
4885 upvotes
West GTEH!
RainbowTrout wrote: Are you looking for smart watch or fitness tracker?

If the former, maybe go for Venu 2 or a smasung / apple.

If the latter, I would suggest a Fitbit Charge. Cheap intro to fitness, much more user friendly, more emphasis on lifestyle improvements / changes vs performance training / advanced monitoring. Not sure a out the pay wall for fitbit now, but back in the days it didn't have any and I do miss the lifestyle focus of the watch.
Thanks RanbowTrout.

I guess if it can have both, 2-in-1, smartwatch and fitness tracker (if that's possible).

I don't own Samsung or Apple phone.
Venu2 is a little pricey at $369.99 for me. Trying to keep cost down for my 1st watch.
Last edited by Webhead on Nov 17th, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
9414 posts
4561 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully the Venu 2 Sq goes on sale at some point.

Top