Expired Hot Deals

Garmin Vivoactive 3 with and without music price drop with introduction of new line

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 5:53 pm
[OP]
Dec 17, 2018
180 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa

Garmin Vivoactive 3 with and without music price drop with introduction of new line

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
The Garmin Vivoactive 4 line has been released and prices have dropped on the Vivoactive 3 line.

For the Garmin vivoactive 3 without music you're looking at around $230 on Amazon, there are minor price variations depending on the colour
For the Garmin Vivoactive 3 with music you're looking at $350 on Amazon

The Vivoactive 3 is currently $149 plus taxes and $12 shipping with the Goodlife discount.

The Vivoactive 3 with music is $227.49 plus taxes and $12 shipping with the Goodlife discount. You can only access these prices by going through the Goodlife shopping website and purchasing from the Garmin website.

In any case, ebates are up to 5% on Amazon and are a steady 4% on the Garmin site.
83 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2961 posts
1608 upvotes
Toronto
My wife got the Vivoactive Music 3. It's been about a month and its started to glitch out. Might be a defective unit so we're hoping to send it back.

Would have been nice if they were able to introduce an AMOLED watch.
Mar 23, 2017
250 posts
152 upvotes
Canada
redkulat wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 8:57 am
My wife got the Vivoactive Music 3. It's been about a month and its started to glitch out. Might be a defective unit so we're hoping to send it back.

Would have been nice if they were able to introduce an AMOLED watch.
They have just introduced Garmin Venu which has AMOLED screen.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/643260
Oct 31, 2010
416 posts
220 upvotes
Edmonton
I got a Vivoactive 3 on prime days. Haven't had any issues with it and I really like it. Battery typically lasts about 7 days. That'll go down if you do more gps tracking though.
Apr 11, 2003
639 posts
115 upvotes
Edmonton
Not seeing the $149 at the amazon.ca link. Showing $229 for me, at least today.

Worth noting, Costco South Edmonton had a pallet full of VivoActive 3's for 209.99 on Wednesday, which I thought was a good deal (I think I paid $289.99 for mine, and I'm quite happy with it, as are 2 others in our office with the same unit).
Dec 8, 2008
207 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
I think that price is only for the GoodLife/Garmin. I'd be very tempted to buy but don't want to please for a member number. I'd imagine price will drop on Amazon soon
Apr 11, 2003
639 posts
115 upvotes
Edmonton
darkstar107 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 9:36 am
I got a Vivoactive 3 on prime days. Haven't had any issues with it and I really like it. Battery typically lasts about 7 days. That'll go down if you do more gps tracking though.
I track a lot of my cycling, an hour in the morning, sometimes 2-3 hours other times. The GPS does take it down quite a bit, but there is a feature where you can tell it basically to do GPS every 5 seconds vs 1, so it's less accurate, but also still works about 95% as good as one might hope if you're just tracking a run or something.

What I thought I'd be annoyed with, is recharge time. But I charge mine off a plug in/near the bathroom, in the morning while I'm showering, and typically 10-15 minutes on a charge, will bump me back to 100%. So... not quite as much battery anxiety as I'd hoped (had mine since May).
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2056 posts
733 upvotes
Grabbed one awhile back from costco on prime day (weird) for $199, so they have room to drop further. Great jack of all trades watch, just be sure youre ok with the transflective screen, i love them as it gives awesome battery life, but some dont like, because its not inherently backlit.
Mar 19, 2007
215 posts
25 upvotes
ive been looking for a smart watch, but i take it the garmins aren't quite the same as the apple/android watches, but more fitness trackers?
Jul 7, 2009
661 posts
300 upvotes
I was planning on getting the VA3 Music on prime day, but held back because my VA-HR is still working fine ... and now the VA4 / VA Venu has come out, I am intrigued by that despite the price drop on VA3/VA3Music.

I am sure VA3Music will do the job (I use it as a running watch, and listen to music when I run so I don't have to bring my phone) but darn, VA4 is so much nicer! :)
Nov 13, 2018
91 posts
218 upvotes
I was thinking of getting this watch but I'm a little disappointed in it's FirstBeat features. I want a watch that tracks training load, such that I can TrueUp with my cycling computer.

Looks like my only decently priced option is the ForeRunner 245.
Jul 7, 2009
661 posts
300 upvotes
VA has always been a series that's for semi-serious athletes ... for hardcore runners / cyclists forerunner is the series to go for.

And I like the 245Music, but comparing the 245Music vs. the VA series, especially considering the price difference, I think VA is the way to go.

I also like to have touchscreen. It doesn't bother me when I run.
May 30, 2016
136 posts
168 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
What features make the forerunner better than the vivoactive? For my purposes, I think the vivoactive would be fine, but I want to know what I'm missing out on. I would primarily be using this watch for running and cycling.
Sep 12, 2006
117 posts
76 upvotes
My wife has VA3 and likes it quite a bit, handles most of her triathloning (not sure if that is a word) needs. Got it from Shoppers on one of the Optimum bonus redemption days. Also, since OOTB it doesn't track open water swimming, we downloaded a beta app from a developer on the Connect IQ store that handles that task, so now her lake swims are tracked as well. If it drops to $150 I might get one for myself. Can't justify paying $300+ more for the new models, VA4 or Venu. The only bummer is Garmin pay has almost nothing it works with in Canada, just 2 credit cards last time I checked. If that changed and it worked with tap/TD like my samsung S9 does, man would that be awesome.