Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shop.ca

Garmin Vivofit 2 $97.99 tax in Shop.ca w $40 coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2015 8:11 am
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada

[Shop.ca] Garmin Vivofit 2 $97.99 tax in Shop.ca w $40 coupon

I've been thinking about getting one of those fitness trackers and decided I'd get the Garmin Vivofit 2. I've been keeping my eyes open looking for the best price and found this. Shop.ca has it on sale for $119.99. There is a coupon for the month of July you can use to get $40 off $100 (google search for it as I don't think I can post it). Final price, after tax, worked out to be $97.99. Shipping is free and you can get Aeroplan points too.
7 replies
Mar 25, 2010
969 posts
164 upvotes
GTA
too bad it doesn't have heart beat monitor.
Feb 16, 2008
29 posts
6 upvotes
Whitby
It's 96.99 right now at Costco. Comes with small and large bands in black and purple colors.

It's a little more once you add the tax, for sure. But once you factor the 90-day return policy to try it to see how you like it, I think it's worth it.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
SU-FI wrote: It's 96.99 right now at Costco. .
I was looking in my local Costco, but they only had the first version of the Vivofit and not the Vivofit 2. Online, Costco.ca only has the 2nd version for $119.99.
Just about anything that didn't work well or was missing in the 1st version have been corrected or added to the 2nd.
Without a backlight, a band that won't stay on and no audio, you may want to use the 90 days and bring the 1st generation back.
Banned
May 30, 2015
7 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond, BC
are these things any better than a smartwatch? Other than 1+ year life it seems lacking.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
alfield77 wrote: are these things any better than a smartwatch? Other than 1+ year life it seems lacking.
It depends on what features you're looking for. I was just looking for a fitness tracker with a good battery life and could get wet. I figured that there was no point in trying to use a device for tracking if it was always on the charger. I already have a phone, computer and tablet that all work well for reading emails. If I receive a text message, I'd likely have to get the phone out anyway to be able to reply. I also have a Garmin GPS, foot pod and heart rate strap. This would just add to, and work with what I already have.

If you were looking for a Garmin smart watch, they have the vivosmart and the vivoactive. http://sites.garmin.com/en-US/vivo/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6474 posts
1594 upvotes
Montreal
codier wrote: too bad it doesn't have heart beat monitor.
You can add any ANT+ HRM to work with it.
Phils