Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3326 posts
1077 upvotes
Ontario

Gas Buddy GasBack Program

Has anyone used Gas Buddy's GasBack program while in US?

I sometimes visit Michigan and saw this in my Gas Buddy app when checking prices.

It says "Earn 5c GasBack per gallon" at Admiral Soo Michigan. You have to activate the offer and have 4 hours to complete you purchase. Then you upload the receipt. You can use Debit or Credit.

What I don't get is how do they send you the payment? They don't have my address or bank info. Has anyone successfully used this program?
Images
  • IMG_1656.PNG
  • IMG_1657.PNG
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15014 posts
12127 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
minimalist wrote: Has anyone used Gas Buddy's GasBack program while in US?

I sometimes visit Michigan and saw this in my Gas Buddy app when checking prices.

It says "Earn 5c GasBack per gallon" at Admiral Soo Michigan. You have to activate the offer and have 4 hours to complete you purchase. Then you upload the receipt. You can use Debit or Credit.

What I don't get is how do they send you the payment? They don't have my address or bank info. Has anyone successfully used this program?
Believe the CASH BACK goes to whichever Debit or Credit Card you used for the transaction
(Remembering that US Debit Cards are more like CCs than like Cdn Debit Cards)

Sort of... like
But not as efficient as our Cdn Gas Stations that give cents off a Litre Promos
In so much as at least here they instant calculate, and the price is adjusted at the point of sale when you swipe your card, and not afterwards

I much prefer our Cdn method of doing cents off over this one
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3326 posts
1077 upvotes
Ontario
PointsHubby wrote: Believe the CASH BACK goes to whichever Debit or Credit Card you used for the transaction
(Remembering that US Debit Cards are more like CCs than like Cdn Debit Cards)

Sort of... like
But not as efficient as our Cdn Gas Stations that give cents off a Litre Promos
In so much as at least here they instant calculate, and the price is adjusted at the point of sale when you swipe your card, and not afterwards

I much prefer our Cdn method of doing cents off over this one
I just wonder how they would pay the Cash Back to my credit card if the full credit number doesn't show on the receipt and it isn't registered with them either.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3225 posts
1840 upvotes
Edmonton
If this is how it works, it's likely that a Canadian bank account will not work.