Home & Garden

Gas range(stove) replacement installation cost?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 4:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2013
1256 posts
346 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

Gas range(stove) replacement installation cost?

I have an old gas range that is already hooked up to a hose connected to a gas line.
What is the typical big box store like Bestbuy,Homedepot,Lowes,Rona charge for a technician to unhook before delivery and hook it up after delivery and removal(by a different person I presume) of the old unit?
thanks
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6275 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
I got an independent guy and he installed the gas line for me. There is a little switch behind the oven - turn it off. Unscrew plug. Screw to new appliance. Profit.

If you don't have it behind the oven, trace it back - there should be a shutoff switch in the house. Youtube can also help you. As long the deliver it to where you want in the house, hooking shouldn't cost extra.
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters
Active Listings has been the limiting factor for past 10 years.... and will be for next 10
Hence I pull exclusive data from MLS and update GTA HOUSING SUPPLY - Daily!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6275 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
I had BestBuy delivery of new washing machine, they brought it in - and hooked it up properly. Thats lot more work and that was included - but best to confirm with them
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters
Active Listings has been the limiting factor for past 10 years.... and will be for next 10
Hence I pull exclusive data from MLS and update GTA HOUSING SUPPLY - Daily!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2013
1256 posts
346 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
PrinceMS wrote: I had BestBuy delivery of new washing machine, they brought it in - and hooked it up properly. Thats lot more work and that was included - but best to confirm with them
Lowes's charges are $150 to hook up to replace an old gas range ,already with switch/New hose is extra.
$80 for delivery
Plus tax these alone are $260

Any other options in the GTA?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36348 posts
9613 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I need my stove hooked up as well. I saw a YouTube video and it is relatively easy, but it's a gas line and I don't want to risk it.

If you want to do it yourself. All you need is two wrenches and a bottle of diluted dish soap to check for leaks.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10159 posts
4436 upvotes
Vaughan
My gas stove was installed few years back by gas licensed friend for $70. I had my gas line put in by builder years back. This guy installed/replaced my water heater as well. When it comes with gas; it is better to go with license one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)