• Feb 21st, 2021 4:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1131 posts
269 upvotes
Vaughan

Gas vs Dual Fuel vs Dual Fuel with Steam Stove Range

I'm in the market for a new stove and I thought I was going to buy an all gas stove but now I'm considering whether a dual fuel stove is worth the premium. The stove I'm looking at also has another model which comes with a steam feature for the oven. Here's a quick video on what a steam oven is.

My wife is convinced that the feature is probably worth it but I think it could be more susceptible to breaking since there is more functionality but I could be wrong. For what it's worth, I'm considering the Jenn-Air Rise 36" and it comes with all gas, dual fuel, or duel fuel with steam. The Dual Fuel premium is approx. $1900 more and the steam feature is another $500 more (so $2,400 more when jumping from all gas). A bit crazy and it's a huge purchase so I don't want to make a purchase we'll regret.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with Dual Fuel Ranges and Steam ovens and whether the premium is worth it. Also wondering if anyone has experienced issues with either.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4919 posts
1272 upvotes
We've had dual fuel and all gas. Frankly, I haven't noticed a $2000 difference in performance. If you bake a lot, it might make somewhat of a difference, but we currently have an all gas, and I have zero complaints about any style of cooking.

If I had to choose, I wouldn't pay a premium for dual fuel again. The difference, in my experience, is negligible.

As far as the steam addition, it's very easy to achieve this result (if you really need it, which for most people is never) by placing a small pan of water in the bottom of the oven. Otherwise, your assessment of "more to break down" is spot on.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5045 posts
2490 upvotes
Ottawa
We have a 36" Wolf dual fuel and a Miele speed wall oven. The latter renders the dual fuel feature of the Wolf rather redundant as the lion's share of our baking is done in the Miele. Still, the Wolf is an amazing range - 11 years old and still going strong (we've never had to have it serviced).