None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7281 posts
5070 upvotes
Toronto

Gatorade - Orange Powder 1.45kg

I used to purchase the 1.45kg tub of powdered Orange Gatorade from MEC.
Unfortunately, MEC no longer carries this, or any other Gatorade product.
It was sold for, if my memory is correct, for something like $13.50

As such, I'm looking for a new source, preferably in the Toronto area.
Would appreciate any advice/help!
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7281 posts
5070 upvotes
Toronto
I actually went to the gatorade.ca website, and made the same inquiry by sending them a question.
Their response is that they have zero clue as to who carries this product.
They may as well have flipped me the bird.

Dear ________

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We very much appreciate your interest in our products!

However, we do not have a centralize system were we can check the availability of our products. If a product is not available in your area, we suggest that you mention your interest in the product to the store manager as they should be able to place an order for you. I would also suggest that you visit our website at www.gatoradestore.ca where you might be able to purchase the Gatorade orange powder.

Thank you again for your interest in our products. We hope you will continue to be one of our valued customers.

Caroline Joassin
PepsiCo Consumer Relations
060628775A
===================================================
Original Email:

I used to regularly purchase the 1.45kg tub of powdered Orange from MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op). It appears they no longer carry Gatorade products. Is it still possible to purchase this elsewhere, and possibly in the Toronto area?

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18714 posts
5656 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen the Orange powder around, but I forget what the prices/sizes are.
Maybe try Costco for the larger size and Sobey's and Loblaws for the smaller tins?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7281 posts
5070 upvotes
Toronto
The smaller sizes are quite common. Lots of places carry it.
As far as I know, MEC was the only place that carried the bulk size in Canada.
The solution offered by Pepsico, is completely stupid.
For all I know, that size has been completely discontinued in Canada.
Jun 14, 2012
412 posts
36 upvotes
You could try some of the other electrolyte/sports drinks that are a bit more comprehensive(IE,VEGA /genuine health) they are expensive though.

For the gatorade I would ask a store manager to order it or look around places like nofrills/food basics/cash and carry/costco
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18177 posts
1158 upvotes
I've never seen Gatorade powder at Costco. Lots of Gatorade bottles and club packs etc but I don't recall the drink crystals
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
553 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
shikotee wrote: I actually went to the gatorade.ca website, and made the same inquiry by sending them a question.
Their response is that they have zero clue as to who carries this product.
They may as well have flipped me the bird.
:idea: :idea: ____________________

Dear ________

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We very much appreciate your interest in our products!

However, we do not have a centralize system were we can check the availability of our products. If a product is not available in your area, we suggest that you mention your interest in the product to the store manager as they should be able to place an order for you. I would also suggest that you visit our website at www.gatoradestore.ca where you might be able to purchase the Gatorade orange powder.

Thank you again for your interest in our products. We hope you will continue to be one of our valued customers.

Caroline Joassin
PepsiCo Consumer Relations
060628775A
Original Email:

I used to regularly purchase the 1.45kg tub of powdered Orange from MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op). It appears they no longer carry Gatorade products. Is it still possible to purchase this elsewhere, and possibly in the Toronto area?===========
Amazon ca sells it from a U.S. source at $160, but there is shipping unless you sign up for a free shipping deal, which has to be cancelled within 30 days. http://www.amazon.ca/GATORADE-PERFORM-Q ... ade+powder

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Dec 29, 2017
1 posts
In Victoria we haven't found a better deal than Wal-Mart. $4.97 for 560 g makes 8 L. If you know of anything better please post.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)