Gazebos impossible to find right now

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 11:02 pm
[OP]
Aug 20, 2009
9159 posts
4506 upvotes

Gazebos impossible to find right now

Anyone else finding it difficult to find a decent 10x14 Gazebo in stock? I just finished building the deck for our new place and I don't have it in me to do the gazebo after a week of slugging it out in the worst heat on top of my bad shoulder and wrist tendonitis acting up. We were hoping to just buy some random Sojag Gazebo and assemble it but good grief, it's bloody impossible to find one with decent reviews in stock...anywhere in Ontario. Our budget is around $2000.

Someone who worked at Homedepot told us that because no one can go on vacation, everyone is doing backyard renos and staycations with close family. They said basically we're outta luck until late summer or next year entirely.

I found a Yardistry 12x12 that I could backorder on the Costco website but it won't arrive until late August and the height is kinda monstrous.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing some obvious source. So far we've checked Homedepot, Lowes, Rona, Walmart, Bestbuy, Costco, Homehardware and even silly Wayfair.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22782 posts
21625 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
You are not alone ...
Here’s another recent topic on the same thing
10x12-gazebos-why-sold-out-2389280

As I posted then:
PointsHubby wrote: It’s but another Covid phenomenon

This is the summer that everyone is staying home ...
So folks are beefing up their backyard spaces

So gazebos, pergolas, pools, hot tubs, kids play sets, patio furniture, and fire tables are in high demand
SOLD OUT long ago

Add in all the restocking, shipping & delivery problems
(Never mind manufacturing issues)
And there’s a big backlog of orders
IF ... you can find anyone still taking orders

Lol, my best advice
Plan now for Thanksgiving, Hallowe’en & Christmas !!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6469 posts
829 upvotes
BC
I've seen them in stores here, even costco has their usual two. Probably like everything else restocking is an issue due to covid. I had a really hard time buying a washing machine, everywhere was out of stock on the Maytags... every local store and online as well. It took from March to end of June to finally get one.
That's my 2cents worth