Feb 28, 2005
2975 posts
1042 upvotes
Montreal

Amazon + GCR cashback up to 10%

Retailer:
GCR
GCR

10% Cash Back for purchases in the categories : Home, Apparel, Kitchen, Beauty, Shoes & Accessories, Luggage, Jewelry, Watches and Luxury Beauty.

fine print:
Conditions :

10% Cash Back for purchases in the categories : Home, Apparel, Kitchen, Beauty, Shoes & Accessories, Luggage, Jewelry, Watches and Luxury Beauty.

You must click from GCR before adding an item to the cart or Wish List.
You cannot use GCR to pay for an item in the cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the cart.
You cannot click on the reorder button. You must use GCR to add the item to the cart
You cannot use GCR to move an item from the wish list to cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the wish list.

0% Cash Back for purchases in the categories : Books, Kindle Products, Gift Cards and Subscribe & Save

1.3% Cash Back for everything else

Note : Rugs, carpets, Bed Products like mattresses, sleep pads and bed frames are exceptions to the Home category. Rebate is 1.3%.
Note : Replacement parts and items such as tape are in Home Improvements or Tools and Hardware.
Note : Home Entertainment such as stands and wall mounts are not part of the Home category.
Note : Smart Watches are under electronics.
Note : Some apparel like sporting clothes are under Outdoors or Sports.
Note : Amazon excludes Fashion Private Brands from the Apparel category. We are as confused as you are.
Note : Maximum $200 rebate for fine art.
Note : Some items from third party sellers (Not Amazon) do not enter the products correctly and the items are reported in the category 'Other' which is 1.3%. We cannot change the rebate amount in this case.

How to determine the Category
1. Find the product page at Amazon.
2. Look at the “Best Sellers Rank” mid way down the page. The first category listed is usually the category the item will be reported in. An item will be reported in only one category.
Note : This is a general guideline. It is not perfect but it is the best available method.

WARNING :
If your transaction is not reported then the follow-up inquiry will be posted at 1.3% and not of the category of the item. Therefore, please click from GCR and then add item to empty cart. In the terms that are agreed upon it says you get a rebate if we get a commission. This is above and beyond the terms. The rebate on inquiries is at the base rate only for Amazon. Rebates for all other merchant inquiries are posted at the proper rate.
Shipping : Free shipping available on minimum order of $35.00. Exceptions apply.
Shipping From : Canada
Rebate Currency Exchange : NONE
Last edited by marc_t on May 19th, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo & Tangerine & Voip.MS customer
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2172 posts
1454 upvotes
Kitchener
What is a GCR?
Gaming PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 6500, GTX 1060 6gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
828 posts
645 upvotes
NowJoJo wrote:
May 19th, 2019 3:38 pm
What is a GCR?
GreatCanadianRebates
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Penalty Box
Dec 31, 2006
261 posts
183 upvotes
Old news. I've seen another thread.
Oct 18, 2010
162 posts
140 upvotes
For electronics, use eBates 2% compared to GCR 1.3%.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4268 posts
1338 upvotes
Appreciate the heads up, wanted to look at shoes anyways.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Jul 29, 2016
156 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
still up vote for the benefit of those not aware yet. I used GCR last week to order a small kitchen appliance, and already received the 10% rebate!
Nov 30, 2009
145 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see the other thread, but does anyone have any home or bedroom purchases they would especially recommend from Amazon.ca?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6217 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
It's been like this for a while I think. Unfortunately it's only for specific categories and those aren't as useful (at least for me personally).

Still it's always a good idea to use GCR when buying from Amazon.ca (if not other similar sites).
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jul 3, 2002
999 posts
2084 upvotes
cky312 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 3:48 pm
If anyone could chime in, I was wondering if there's a better deal for Miele vacuums than this. I'm particular on the C3 Cat and Dog which is never on sale. With the cash back it'd be $100 off.

https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-Complete-C3 ... TRJDMFQX0S
It does go on sale
I purchased it a year and a half ago at $593
And it's been close to that price twice more after
Set up an alert on 3xcamel if you don't need it right away
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2975 posts
1042 upvotes
Montreal
cky312 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 3:48 pm
If anyone could chime in, I was wondering if there's a better deal for Miele vacuums than this. I'm particular on the C3 Cat and Dog which is never on sale. With the cash back it'd be $100 off.
Apparently Miele customer service sucks.

If this is the model you're set on, I'd buy from Costco just for peace of mind.

https://www.costco.ca/Miele-Complete-C3 ... 12822.html

Historical Amazon.ca price:

Koodo & Tangerine & Voip.MS customer
Jul 3, 2002
999 posts
2084 upvotes
marc_t wrote:
May 21st, 2019 4:22 pm
Apparently Miele customer service sucks.

If this is the model you're set on, I'd buy from Costco just for peace of mind.

https://www.costco.ca/Miele-Complete-C3 ... 12822.html

Historical Amazon.ca price:

Remember 3xcamel doesn't track lightning deals or short term changes. It's great for something that fluctuates a lot but doesn't come close to catching every price change.