Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
gdgt.com

HOT, $40usd for lifetime KeepSolid VPN Unlimited

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2018 8:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19656 posts
23022 upvotes
GTA

HOT, $40usd for lifetime KeepSolid VPN Unlimited

Deal Link:
Price:
$40usd
Savings:
92% off
Expiry:
June 27, 2018
Retailer:
gdgt.com
Looks like a great deal of you need a VPN. Reviews seem good. Thoughts
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/vpn-unlimi ... bscription

The Pitch
Dare to claim your internet freedom and anonymity back. No geographical restrictions, no licensing regulations, and no ISP-imposed firewalls can hold you back. Explore the web at its fullest, use social networks, bank, stream Netflix, Hulu, BBC, and anything you like anywhere, safely and without limits. Buy a KeepSolid VPN Unlimited Lifetime subscription and ensure your privacy once and for all.

Unlimited access to Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, & other streaming sites
Special servers for torrenting
All traffic is dead-encrypted
Full bandwidth capacity at all times, no bandwidth cap
Up to 5 devices per account (you can expand the limit to any number)
Connection protocols for any situation
Special obfuscation feature for folks with highly-restricted internet, like China, the UAE, & Russia
Convenient management of connected devices
400+ servers in 70+ locations (see the full list of server locations here)
24/7 customer support

Important Details
Length of access: lifetime
License deadline: redeem within 30 days of purchase
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15296 posts
6316 upvotes
Is the Humble deal for PIA still going on? Because that's the cat's meow of VPN deals so far this year, let alone right now.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
"Good reviews" if you like pokey: https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/vpn-unlimited/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/07/ ... ted-review

"Without a VPN connection, SpeedOf.Me reported a download speed of 250.82Mbps and an upload speed of 12.99Mbps. When I connected to KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, the download speed dropped to 27.4Mbps and upload speed fell to 4.9Mbps." Yuck.
In your pants!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19656 posts
23022 upvotes
GTA
SickBeast wrote: Is the Humble deal for PIA still going on? Because that's the cat's meow of VPN deals so far this year, let alone right now.
Link?
FatWallet wrote: "Good reviews" if you like pokey: https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/vpn-unlimited/

"Without a VPN connection, SpeedOf.Me reported a download speed of 250.82Mbps and an upload speed of 12.99Mbps. When I connected to KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, the download speed dropped to 27.4Mbps and upload speed fell to 4.9Mbps." Yuck.
Yuk, that's lame.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15296 posts
6316 upvotes
engineered wrote: Link?
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/c ... are-bundle

5 days left. You get a year of PIA service for $15USD and it comes with a whole bunch of other stuff also. It's a blazing fast VPN and it can't be compared to these cheaper lifetime deals IMO. I have a pretty good lifetime VPN and it doesn't come close to PIA for speed or latency. I can get 400mbps down with PIA with pings so low I don't even realize I'm using a VPN.....
I am a Zoomer customer.
Jun 9, 2009
972 posts
246 upvotes
Hamilton
SickBeast wrote: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/c ... are-bundle

5 days left. You get a year of PIA service for $15USD and it comes with a whole bunch of other stuff also. It's a blazing fast VPN and it can't be compared to these cheaper lifetime deals IMO. I have a pretty good lifetime VPN and it doesn't come close to PIA for speed or latency. I can get 400mbps down with PIA with pings so low I don't even realize I'm using a VPN.....
I am new to VPN (did have DNS). Would you put this at the router level in order to protect the whole house, or add to specific devices?

Also, do you know what happens to all the other stuff you get? I know it's for a year, but I don't really want anything else right now, so if I hold off for a few months, will it only start then?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15296 posts
6316 upvotes
peji911 wrote: I am new to VPN (did have DNS). Would you put this at the router level in order to protect the whole house, or add to specific devices?

Also, do you know what happens to all the other stuff you get? I know it's for a year, but I don't really want anything else right now, so if I hold off for a few months, will it only start then?
You get an individual redemption key for each service, so yes, it will only start the subscription once you activate the key.

As for the VPN, it depends if you want protection all the time or not. If you only want to use it at certain times, you can just use their app on your PC. For full time protection, yes, putting it on your router is ideal. The best router for this feature AFAIK is the Asus AC86U. It has by far the fastest VPN performance of any router. And it's a great router in other ways also. I recommend it.

If you don't have a good router you're going to get brutal VPN performance.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
523 upvotes
Brossard, QC
It is very important to have a VPN service ready. Last time, when I was waiting at the food court of Premimum Outlet, YouTube was blocked. And I can only see the images and texts. But the good thing is that I have a VPN service, and I just connected to my VPN, YouTube was working again. And I didn't feel bored at that time.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
SickBeast wrote: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/c ... are-bundle

My ExpressVPN is up for renewal, so I'll try PIA. Note that it does not work with Netflix.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1481 posts
1265 upvotes
Vancouver
This is usually $18 USD through stacksocial when on promo.
Feb 29, 2012
543 posts
219 upvotes
peji911 wrote: I am new to VPN (did have DNS). Would you put this at the router level in order to protect the whole house, or add to specific devices?

I use it at the device level as there are times where I prefer to use different servers for different devices.
Jun 9, 2009
972 posts
246 upvotes
Hamilton
SickBeast wrote: You get an individual redemption key for each service, so yes, it will only start the subscription once you activate the key.

As for the VPN, it depends if you want protection all the time or not. If you only want to use it at certain times, you can just use their app on your PC. For full time protection, yes, putting it on your router is ideal. The best router for this feature AFAIK is the Asus AC86U. It has by far the fastest VPN performance of any router. And it's a great router in other ways also. I recommend it.

I am actually in the market for a new router, so I will buy this!

Any tips? I am not very tech savvy.

Do I just unplug my old router? I have both internet from my old router and my modem. Should I update the firmware manually, or does it do it automatically? An finally, is it easy to put in and then remove the VPN info?
Feb 1, 2018
316 posts
157 upvotes
FatWallet wrote: "Good reviews" if you like pokey: https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/vpn-unlimited/

lol... Just use SoftEther VPN Client, it is free. Speed depends on the IP you selected. Fastest speed is by using Japan IP.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15296 posts
6316 upvotes
peji911 wrote: I am actually in the market for a new router, so I will buy this!

Any tips? I am not very tech savvy.

Do I just unplug my old router? I have both internet from my old router and my modem. Should I update the firmware manually, or does it do it automatically? An finally, is it easy to put in and then remove the VPN info?
You should be able to unplug your old router and then just hook the new one up in its place. You will also need to power cycle your modem. Most routers have very simple setup wizards where you can pick your network names and passwords.

Just FYI Best Buy has the Asus AC86U on sale for $199.99 right now, it's an all time low price.

As for the VPN setup I don't think it's too difficult. You do it in the router configuration. I have never done it so I can't help you there. But I don't think it will be too complicated. And you should only have to do it once.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Jun 9, 2009
972 posts
246 upvotes
Hamilton
SickBeast wrote: You should be able to unplug your old router and then just hook the new one up in its place. You will also need to power cycle your modem. Most routers have very simple setup wizards where you can pick your network names and passwords.

Just FYI Best Buy has the Asus AC86U on sale for $199.99 right now, it's an all time low price.

As for the VPN setup I don't think it's too difficult. You do it in the router configuration. I have never done it so I can't help you there. But I don't think it will be too complicated. And you should only have to do it once.
In the other thread someone said to was for the .ax version of routers. Do you suggest waiting?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15296 posts
6316 upvotes
peji911 wrote: In the other thread someone said to was for the .ax version of routers. Do you suggest waiting?
No. They will be expensive when they come out. This is a great price for this router. If you need something I would say buy this without hesitation.

That being said, the AX routers may drive down the price on current AC routers.
I am a Zoomer customer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)