• May 25th, 2017 4:23 pm
[OP]
Jul 19, 2013
11 posts
Toronto

Lenovo Yoga 260 - wicked deal. $650 dollar off than MSRP

Main.jpg
Lenovo Yoga 260
Best Business Grade Laptop + Tablet (2 in 1). The price is wicked. Never seen a brand laptop with that big a deal.
this Canadian seller seems to be very genuine - with 100% positive feedback & 5 Star Ratings since 2007.

I'm thinking of buying it, what you think ? Good Deal ? or Bad Deal ?
Images
  • 2.png
  • 3.png
  • 11.jpg
  • 12.jpg
13 replies
Dec 1, 2013
159 posts
371 upvotes
Completely agree with Vtlegend, I don't think this is a great deal because the screen resolution is 1366 x 768 and has less than 200 gb of hard drive space. At that price, you can pretty much get the IBM refurb Macbook for roughly the same cost but in my opinion provide a much better screen, more storage and much better resale value (if you are into Apple). If you are not into Apple, I would advise waiting for a deal coming from Dell or Microsoft which gets frequently posted on RFD and get a better model at a slightly higher price or get more a budget friendly computer at significantly lower prices. This laptop seems to be the middle child that provides the worst of both worlds.

Thank you for sharing and I bid you good luck on your search for a good laptop!
Last edited by nuttun on May 22nd, 2017 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2008
1161 posts
1238 upvotes
Northern Ontario
i'm more curious about the storage... 192GB... never seen that size before.

I personally would get an acer switch alpha instead for that kind of price though. Once you use a 2-1, you will never go back to normal laptops again.
[OP]
Jul 19, 2013
11 posts
Toronto
I personally like Lenovo Brand since they make the most durable laptop ever. You can break a wall with Lenovo thinkpad. Also performance wise Lenovo is much better.
Their service is good as well for any service issue. For my Lenovo X1 I've broke the screen and they fixed it for free.
Aug 19, 2004
853 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto
hesho wrote: i'm more curious about the storage... 192GB... never seen that size before.

I personally would get an acer switch alpha instead for that kind of price though. Once you use a 2-1, you will never go back to normal laptops again.

Well, I don't know if the surface pro 2 counts; but I had one with all the keyboard/accessory adapters and ended up hating it. It compromised both experiences.

I just sold it 2 weeks ago and reverted to a dedicated ipad / phone for portability and dedicated laptop for work/typing.

BUT, I don't need the portability as I have desktops at work and home that I use primarily.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8402 posts
3583 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
If you are going the eBay route, might as well check some US sellers and go the global shipping route. I got the same open-box machine but with i5-6200/8GB/256GB/1080p shipped to door for $1000. Warranty is global for ThinkPads. Only issue was the SIM tray was missing but seller sent me a replacement.

But by now it isn't a deal, since the 260 is already replaced by the 370.

Oh, and Hot Deals is not where you post to ask questions.
Dec 1, 2013
159 posts
371 upvotes
evanwier wrote: Impressive.
Oh god that's why I shouldn't be posting late at night. Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8402 posts
3583 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
insideweb wrote: I think I've found the lowest price for that laptop

https://www.gdshop.ca/catalog/product/v ... 0fd002dus/

Only $938 dollar.

And BTW it never been replaced by other model.
Other model are other model lower or updated model.
Yoga 260 has been released only in late 2016. It's still in the production
http://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/th ... TO1WWENCA0
No, it's still a shitty price for 1366x768.

You work for them?
[OP]
Jul 19, 2013
11 posts
Toronto
HI Toni
It was meant for business laptop. With all the features it has, does any other compatible brand made such laptop with higher than 1366x768. I hated the fact it has core i5 as well. Well I'm getting what I'm paying for. You may know due to US dollar hike every electronic equipment's price is higher. 5 yrs ago same laptop would have been $750/-
A good Lenovo Thinkpad is like $2000/- including tax. This is why I've found that $938 is a very good price and just today I've ordered one.