Vaughan

LeTV Leeco Le Max 2 4G Phablet - ROSE GOLD

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
January 6, 2017
Retailer:
Gearbest
The LeTV Leeco Le Max 2 4G Phablet - ROSE GOLD is currently on flash sale but with a coupon code I received in my email it will bring it down to 266.31 CAD or 199 USD

The coupon code is: CHLETV
72 replies
May 1, 2015
68 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Their products have such stupid names.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2543 posts
1535 upvotes
GVRD
balou911 wrote: Development on all LeTV phones is going to skyrocket : http://opensource.le.com/
I bought the phone and had to return it due to dead pixels. I sent it back to GB and I am hoping they will credit me like they said, otherwise it will be a battle between me, PayPal/CC.

That aside, the phone is quite good for the money, you get the SD820, 4GB RAM and 32GB storage. The built quality is premium, you just have to deal with the software UI. I have another LeEco phone and I am not a big fan of the UI.

Development of LeEco phone is still very slow, LeEco only releases the kernel source but everything have to be built from scratch. It could be a while before anything could happen.
Mar 21, 2012
461 posts
343 upvotes
Edmonton
any hopes of getting the grey version of this phone? i don't want to have to hide it in a case
Apr 24, 2010
654 posts
297 upvotes
Canada
ryanaz wrote: any hopes of getting the grey version of this phone? i don't want to have to hide it in a case
I got my grey version from Aliexpress. But I still hide it in a case for physical protection though.
Apr 24, 2010
654 posts
297 upvotes
Canada
faldian wrote: Their products have such stupid names.
What's wrong with their product names? Le is the brand name of their parent company which means happiness or joy in Chinese.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
2339 posts
224 upvotes
Amowagou wrote: I got my grey version from Aliexpress. But I still hide it in a case for physical protection though.
I ordered a grey one a month and a half ago from geekbuy, till yesterday I finally canceled my order. I ordered it when they "had" stocks, 2 weeks ago I checked they said they'll have it in a week.
Yesterday I checked they don't have stock and don't know when they'll get stock.
I end up ordering a force gold 6g64gb on AliExpress for a little bit more.
ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝɥʇ sı ɯnıpǝɯ ǝɥʇ
◉◉◉◉◉ITEMS I FS/WTB/SOLD/TRADED/BOUGHT◉◉◉◉◉
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=332203
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2915 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
Is there any alternate ROM available for this thats better than the stock?
HEATWARE & RFD feedback
I do not sell here to make money. I am simply selling stuff I no longer use. I am flexible with pricing as I want you to get good value for your money. If offering a lower than asking price please be reasonable with your offerings. Thanks.
Jul 1, 2007
153 posts
24 upvotes
balou911 wrote: Development on all LeTV phones is going to skyrocket : http://opensource.le.com/
Expect it won't.

Check XDA forums its ghost town for LeMax 2.

xiaomi redmi note 3 on the other hand has official cyanogenmod support.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2543 posts
1535 upvotes
GVRD
neptunestar wrote: Is there any alternate ROM available for this thats better than the stock?
bosanac1 wrote: Expect it won't.

Check XDA forums its ghost town for LeMax 2.

xiaomi redmi note 3 on the other hand has official cyanogenmod support.
The best ROM now is a stock based one by Cuco or Bushy in XDA.

The Chinese guy who came with the device tree decided to leave as he was being bullied in XDA (well, being Chinese and I know they like to take credit as their own) and later on sold his device. I believe there is only one active maintainer now.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2598 posts
487 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
these bestly specs chinese phones are starting to grow on me. lolz.
im not sure if im ready to splash in to them yet. :)
Oct 28, 2009
101 posts
127 upvotes
Terrace
Pick up one for my wife, do not forget to use Giving Assitant to get 3% cashback

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2915 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
Also will this phone support Rogers or Telus LTE?
I hear some chinese phones missing LTE bands. It's confusing no official info on their site either.
HEATWARE & RFD feedback
I do not sell here to make money. I am simply selling stuff I no longer use. I am flexible with pricing as I want you to get good value for your money. If offering a lower than asking price please be reasonable with your offerings. Thanks.
Oct 31, 2012
54 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
pkphilip wrote: I bought the phone and had to return it due to dead pixels. I sent it back to GB and I am hoping they will credit me like they said, otherwise it will be a battle between me, PayPal/CC.
I am sending a phone back too. Defective on arrival. I've read bad things about the refund process so I've preemptively started a Paypal dispute to document the whole thing/light a fire to expedite it. This is so I have the option to have Paypal mediate if it came to it or credit card chargeback.