Expired Hot Deals

[********] Mlais M7 64bit Octacore 3GB RAM Android 5.0 5.5inch 4G Phablet $171.89

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2015 1:02 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
9192 posts
10644 upvotes

[********] Mlais M7 64bit Octacore 3GB RAM Android 5.0 5.5inch 4G Phablet $171.89

Deal Link:
So it seems more well known brand Mlais is getting in on the 3 GB Ram bandwagon with this new flagship phablet. It comes in white and grey

I did a quick search on Google and found a coupon code "M7GB" (from http://bestmobs.com/mlais-m7-phablet-sa ... 172-22920/) that brings the price down to $171.89USD Shipped

While not as good as the highly anticipated king, Elephone P7000, this phone still manages to offer you premium specs at a reasonable price, from a name we know almost as well or as well as Elephone.

Is it just me or does it look like a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 lol

Specs are quite standard with most of the newer generation Chinese phones with the exception that it comes with 3GB Ram, which i guess is the new standard. And with Android 5.0 preloaded there's no need to wait for updates to unlock full computing potential of the newer Mediatek Octacore 64bit Chips.

Screen: 5.5inch IPS capacitive screen, 1280x720 pixels
CPU: MTK6752 Octa Core, 1.7GHz
GPU: Mali-T760
System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
Storage: 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM
SIM card: Dual SIM card dual standby, Micro sim and Standard sim
Camera: 5.0MP (1080P FHD CMOS sensor) front facing camera , 13.0MP IM135 with ture flash LED camera
Sensor: Light sensor,G-sensor,P-sensor,Gesture sensing
Bluetooth: Yes
GPS: Yes

Although it is not listed in the specs on ********, the one eBay auction that has this phone also mentions TouchID like fingerprint recognition found on the back of the phone right under the camera. The Kingzone Z1 I have also has a fingerprint reader on it. At first it was pretty bad at recognizing my finger as the sensor required active dragging of my finger over the sensor, however after saving/registering my fingerprint multiple times using different swipe methods it now unlocks with my finger 90% of the time. This one however seems to be a more passive sensor similar to Apple's TouchID.

These frequencies and compatibilities also seem to be pretty standard with nearly ALL chinese phones:

Rogers: 2G Network: 1900MHz, 3G Network: 850MHz/1900MHz, 4G LTE Network: Band7-2600MHz
Bell: 2G Network: NO, 3G Network: 850MHz/1900MHz, 4G LTE Network: Band7-2600MHz
Telus: 2G Network: NO, 3G Network: 850MHz/1900MHz, 4G LTE Network: NO

Im not sure however that this phone's 2600mAH battery, would be sufficient to last an entire day. There's no mention whether or not this phone has a built in or removable battery. However if past models are any indication I think it would be better than a 50/50 chance that the battery would be indeed removeable. This would help solve the one downfall of this phone.

================================================== ===============
Here's my unboxing video (first video ever).



70 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14112 posts
4195 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Unless you want or need the 5.5" screen, the Elephone P3000s 3GB@ $175usd appears to be the more viable option. The Elephone boasts a 3000mah battery, and 2.0Ghz processor.
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
871 posts
2192 upvotes
Will these phones take stock android update? Or you'll have to wait for manufacturer to release update? The spec is temping.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
20046 posts
9472 upvotes
Oakville
dcxx wrote: Will these phones take stock android update? Or you'll have to wait for manufacturer to release update? The spec is temping.
They need their own ROMs, generally (but then, so do all other phones. There's no such thing as "stock android", all android builds are specific to a given phone). Though occasionally fans/devs will port roms from other phones with the same processor.

OP - you should add that this is a pre-sale, going till May 31st, so orders won't ship till at *least* sometime in the first week of June. It almost looks like they haven't finished filling out all the product specs.

MLais is definitely pushing hard with new products right now, but thankfully they don't appear to be abandoning their older products like some of these "new model every 10 minutes" Chinese makers (coughElephonecough) and they're working pretty hard at bug fixing in the MLais M52 lollipop ROM right now.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1984 posts
674 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I am wondering how those Chinese phone companies make money...
Or, the phones' cost are low by themselves, but the company like apple/samsung/etc. have been getting too much profit on their phones?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
20046 posts
9472 upvotes
Oakville
MrBigNose wrote: I am wondering how those Chinese phone companies make money...
Or, the phones' cost are low by themselves, but the company like apple/samsung/etc. have been getting too much profit on their phones?
I think the MediaTek processors are significantly cheaper than Qualcomm ones. But on top of that, these little Chinese companies are working with MUCH smaller teams, have direct access to manufacturing plants since they're *in* China, basically zero marketing expenditures outside of China, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese government was propping them up a little bit as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
What is it i am missing
Or forgetting?


3 Gig Ram?
How can it be so little?

I have the One Plus One android phone that has 64 gigs Ram and even an older iPhone 5 has minimum of 16gigs........so what is it i am not getting?
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
MrBigNose wrote: I am wondering how those Chinese phone companies make money...
Or, the phones' cost are low by themselves, but the company like apple/samsung/etc. have been getting too much profit on their phones?


I bought the much loved One Plus One phone a year ago which was selling to the US for $325 ( had to pay more to ship here)
It has specs that rivalled any $700 android and became the geek phone

Long story short, they didnt expect to make any more off of that first phone but build up a reputation with designs, we suspected of the One Plus One version 2 costing more, albeit, I believe at still less than the prices of other phones.
That led me to suspect that if true, which many believed it to be, although some phones, yes Samsung, Apple, etc can charge more due to name that they are indeed making a lot more money then others.

So I dont suspect that most of the lower-mid brand phones are really that overpriced for what you get in them nowadays??!! If at all?
Perhaps many make money on accessories or a numbers game if they are picked up for Rogers or Bell like deals, I suspect?

Perhaps someone more knowledgable than I however can confirm if this is indeed true or not.

But i dont understand the 3 gig capacity of ths phone deal..
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Member
Aug 20, 2011
240 posts
465 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Sutherlandchick wrote: What is it i am missing
Or forgetting?


3 Gig Ram?
How can it be so little?

I have the One Plus One android phone that has 64 gigs Ram and even an older iPhone 5 has minimum of 16gigs........so what is it i am not getting?
You are not getting the difference between RAM and ROM!
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
871 posts
2192 upvotes
Sutherlandchick wrote: I bought the much loved One Plus One phone a year ago which was selling to the US for $325 ( had to pay more to ship here)
It has specs that rivalled any $700 android and became the geek phone

Long story short, they didnt expect to make any more off of that first phone but build up a reputation with designs, we suspected of the One Plus One version 2 costing more, albeit, I believe at still less than the prices of other phones.
That led me to suspect that if true, which many believed it to be, although some phones, yes Samsung, Apple, etc can charge more due to name that they are indeed making a lot more money then others.

So I dont suspect that most of the lower-mid brand phones are really that overpriced for what you get in them nowadays??!! If at all?
Perhaps many make money on accessories or a numbers game if they are picked up for Rogers or Bell like deals, I suspect?

Perhaps someone more knowledgable than I however can confirm if this is indeed true or not.

But i dont understand the 3 gig capacity of ths phone deal..

The Samsung and APPLE must have very large overhead even ignoring marketing expense. Just think about how much they have to pay to retain the top talent in the industry. Probably one person's salary can be enough to maintain a small team in China for a year. Also they will have to test their hardware, get certified and make sure they can deliver millions in months, and maintain a quality repair network. Those capacities are not cheap to come by.
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
871 posts
2192 upvotes
wearysky wrote: They need their own ROMs, generally (but then, so do all other phones. There's no such thing as "stock android", all android builds are specific to a given phone). Though occasionally fans/devs will port roms from other phones with the same processor.

OP - you should add that this is a pre-sale, going till May 31st, so orders won't ship till at *least* sometime in the first week of June. It almost looks like they haven't finished filling out all the product specs.

MLais is definitely pushing hard with new products right now, but thankfully they don't appear to be abandoning their older products like some of these "new model every 10 minutes" Chinese makers (coughElephonecough) and they're working pretty hard at bug fixing in the MLais M52 lollipop ROM right now.
That is my main concern about these phones. But given the price is cheaper than repairing the broken camera on my iphone, I probably should get one.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
chike99 wrote: You are not getting the difference between RAM and ROM!

Looking back I just saw the first sentance where it said 3 GIG RAM.
Now looking again I see this...
Storage: 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM
So if i am right it comes with 3 gigs built in and it can allow a 16gig memory card?
But that doesnt sound right either so please explain?
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
871 posts
2192 upvotes
Sutherlandchick wrote: Looking back I just saw the first sentance where it said 3 GIG RAM.
Now looking again I see this...



So if i am right it comes with 3 gigs built in and it can allow a 16gig memory card?
But that doesnt sound right either so please explain?

Both RAM and ROM are built in. Base iphone 6 has 1GB RAM and 16GB Storage. This phone has 3GB RAM and 16GB storage builtin.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
Sutherlandchick wrote: Looking back I just saw the first sentance where it said 3 GIG RAM.
Now looking again I see this...



So if i am right it comes with 3 gigs built in and it can allow a 16gig memory card?
But that doesnt sound right either so please explain?
RAM is the memory that runs your active applications. ROM is where you store your data.

Many phones have 1-2 GB of RAM; this one has 3.

The 64 GB you mentioned in an iPhone is the ROM, not RAM.

Also, can I just say how much I hate this term "phablet"? Especially when used on a 5.5" screen device. Makes no sense.
Member
May 4, 2004
475 posts
96 upvotes
Sutherlandchick wrote: Looking back I just saw the first sentance where it said 3 GIG RAM.
Now looking again I see this...



So if i am right it comes with 3 gigs built in and it can allow a 16gig memory card?
But that doesnt sound right either so please explain?
16G internal ROM already. All phones now are listing this way...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
20046 posts
9472 upvotes
Oakville
Sutherlandchick wrote: What is it i am missing
Or forgetting?


3 Gig Ram?
How can it be so little?

I have the One Plus One android phone that has 64 gigs Ram and even an older iPhone 5 has minimum of 16gigs........so what is it i am not getting?
Your OnePlus One has 2 gigs of RAM. And 64 gigs of internal storage space (which is commonly referred to as ROM space these days, but that's not quite accurate).
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
[QUOTE]The Samsung and APPLE must have very large overhead even ignoring marketing expense. Just think about how much they have to pay to retain the top talent in the industry. Probably one person's salary can be enough to maintain a small team in China for a year. Also they will have to test their hardware, get certified and make sure they can deliver millions in months, and maintain a quality repair network. Those capacities are not cheap to come by.[/QUOTE]

In theory it makes perfect sense.
As I am not in the field, I cant know for sure if that is the truth or not although it does sound perfectly reasonable.

I am only leary due to other companies that use that line but have proven not to be true unrelated to phones though and LONGER than 2 lines so be forwarned so if you do read, I dont want to see any silly tl/dnr type comments afterwards :)

Let me give u a quick example, albeit using a drug company, so not related to phones...so understand it is NOT to do with phones but an example of where that explanation isnt always true.

Gilead is a huge company that has come out with the most recent drugs needed for Hep C patients.
The drug used up to now is almost like a form of chemo and it makes most patients very ill for 6-12 months and is from what i understand so difficult to take that a small percentage of patients stop taking it and risk the possibility of dying sooner, rather than being cured.
So Gilead came out with a new drug that takes away all illness related to the cure and has apparently made the treatment for Hep C remarkably easy and provides even a higher cure rate for certain geno types, 6 of which I believe exist.

The problem is, they are charging people personally, or drug plans about $56,000 for treatment. Only the wealthy can afford it out of pocket and the drug benefit companies consider it outrageous gauging and refuse to pay it.
Doctors and the medical field are in an uproar and many consder Gilead to be evil personified because, they have openly spoken of giving it FREE to anyone in Africa or 3rd World countries, yet refuse to budge on any Western populations.
They claim that it costs them milllions and millions of dollars, just like the phones, to hire the best scientists, and no doubt CEOs, etc, to bring this drug to market.
Meanwhile, people are dying in Western countries that cant afford it or their bodies cant afford cheaper versions of a drug that does not have such a high success rate as this one by Gilead.

Doctors are so insensed they are promising never to use Gilead again. i understand drug companies last pulled this stunt with HIV related drugs at the beginning of the AIDS crisis.
In any event, the story is, as you have said in respect with phones, it costs them all this much money to bring in these scientists, etc; but you would hope because they have other drugs that make it a wealthy company, you would hope they could have lowered their prices, saved lives and still made a lot of money. Just not as much? ;)

So, when I hear the excuse that something costs as much as it does, so they might pay for this or that, I always think of Gilead and wonder how much truth there is in that claim.

On that note I'd love to know what Rogers excuse is for gauging as they so love to do on internet data plans (not to mention other areas of Rogers) I would love to hear them use that excuse to explain their pricing...lol
I thik there woould be a mass revolt or perhaps its time to pay just a tad less to these CEOs for no one can possibly deny its all become somewhat out of hand.

Anyhow not sure I am buying the excuse if One Plus One can do a higher spec phone a year ago for only $325.......then not sure how iPhone can demand close to $1,000 :)


Anyhow........I own a new $3k 27" Retina iMac, a $2k MBP, an iPad, etc and my 1+1 phone for $325 I chose over a $800+ iPhone and I consider it capable of far more than iPhone can do......so I personally would take advantage of this OP's deal if I happened to need a new tablet and I bet Id be as happy as I am when I use the iPad at 3x the price and truly question apples pricing as I am not a fangirl despite owning the ones i do.
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
wearysky wrote: Your OnePlus One has 2 gigs of RAM. And 64 gigs of internal storage space (which is commonly referred to as ROM space these days, but that's not quite accurate).

Thanks, perfect,thats what I figured it meant.
On a tablet I would be fine with the specs of this one the OP has listed but for me I would need just more on a phone.

I think its a good deal this tablet
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!

Top