Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Ulefone Be Touch 5.5" 720p 64bit 4g 3/16gb front fingerprint $197.89 fs

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2015 10:43 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville

Ulefone Be Touch 5.5" 720p 64bit 4g 3/16gb front fingerprint $197.89 fs

Deal Link:
Price:
$197.88US
******** has the latest Ulefone "flagship" on sale, coupon code BETOUCH brings the price down to $197.88US. This is a pretty sweet looking phone, the new touch (as opposed to swipe) fingerprint sensors look pretty awesome. This one seems even more iPhone inspired than the Cubot x9. Only complaint is that the battery is pretty small, but that could just be Ulefone being honest, vs other manufacturers. Really, just another in the latest round of top of the range Chinese phones.

Specs:

- 5.5inch IPS OGS capacitive screen, 1280x720 pixels
- CPU: MTK6752 Octa Core, 1.7GHz
- GPU: Mali-T760
- Android 5.0 OS, 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- Dual SIM card dual standby, Micro sim and Standard sim
- Dual Cameras, 5.0MP front camera, 13.0MP back camera with flashlight and auto focus
- network support: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz (so Rogers/Bell lte, telus/koodo 3g,, no mobilicity/wind)

This is basically the follow up to the Be Pro, which most people seem to be happy with.
10 replies
Aug 21, 2012
824 posts
104 upvotes
Thats extremely pricy for what you get, even at 200$ usd.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25481 posts
15309 upvotes
Toronto
Krispy1 wrote: That's $240 Canadian
I think it is closer to 30% these days. Something very important to keep in mind is that many of these phones don't really have a North America variant and so only some of the LTE bands are compatible. For this one, only 2600 MHz is compatible, 700 MHz and 1700 MHz are missing.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
will888 wrote: I think it is closer to 30% these days. Something very important to keep in mind is that many of these phones don't really have a North America variant and so only some of the LTE bands are compatible. For this one, only 2600 MHz is compatible, 700 MHz and 1700 MHz are missing.
Actually, it's dropped down to closer to 20% again in recent weeks. But yes, only 2600 MHz, though I've had good success with other 2600 mhz only Chinese phones (the MLais M52 and Elephone p3000s).
Jan 3, 2007
454 posts
258 upvotes
Nice to see the fingerprint sensor is on the home button. But I am worry about the build quality of that. Didn't some people have problem with the power button of their Be Pro?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3312 posts
923 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like a very nice clone of the iPhone 6. I'd love to see one in real life, but not enough to buy one.

Someday I'll visit Shenzen or Hong Kong and geek out. I was just in China but the area I was in did not have a great tech market.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9369 posts
11335 upvotes
It's a little odd that they have Android 4.4 on the title and description but in the image description they state that it's lollipop (which it seems that it actually is).

So far first impressions is definitely a sleek looking iphone 6s inspired device with metal frame. It having lollipop already give it a HUGE advantage over most other Chinese phones on the market, since this release of the OS can make full use of the 64bit CPU architecture (Kitkat only runs at 32bit). That plus huge 3GB amount of RAM, gives this phone definite clout in such a crowded marketplace.

Has anyone used any other phone with the Texas Instruments quickcharging chipset that supposedly allows for 35% charge in 15min? Is it as advertised? do you need to use a specific charger or does any charger work? I ask this because since battery is a bit sub-par (imo) @ 2550mAh, quick charging would be the only way to offset this slight disadvantage. Also bear in mind that there is a 50/50 chance that the battery capacity is overstated, which again is why quick charging is so important.

As long as their home button is quick to scan fingerprints I definitely wouldn't mind. I bought a kingzone Z1 two months ago and it has a fingerprint scanner on the back that you have to drag your finger across the sensor to unlock. If this works as well and fast as an iphone 6 in passively recognizing a fingerprint then i'd definitely consider giving this phone a chance.

My last concern is the camera, nearly all the other chinese phones I see have awesome specs for cameras, however in real life ive seen most people say that the cameras are quite poor performance-wise. According to one of my friends, even higher tier phones such as OPO suffer from having quite crappy cameras.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
Wizard1 wrote: It's a little odd that they have Android 4.4 on the title and description but in the image description they state that it's lollipop (which it seems that it actually is).

So far first impressions is definitely a sleek looking iphone 6s inspired device with metal frame. It having lollipop already give it a HUGE advantage over most other Chinese phones on the market, since this release of the OS can make full use of the 64bit CPU architecture (Kitkat only runs at 32bit). That plus huge 3GB amount of RAM, gives this phone definite clout in such a crowded marketplace.

My last concern is the camera, nearly all the other chinese phones I see have awesome specs for cameras, however in real life ive seen most people say that the cameras are quite poor performance-wise. According to one of my friends, even higher tier phones such as OPO suffer from having quite crappy cameras.
I noticed the title as well - I'm guessing there's a cut and paste error there. Though just about all of the main "flagship" Chinese phones are coming to market with Lollipop now, apparently, so it's not really that much of an advantage any more.

As for camera specs... Unless the camera sensor is explicitly specified (like with the Sony sensor in the Elephone p7000), I'd expect it to be cheap Omnivision junk. Though the OPO's camera is actually quite good, at least from the shots I've seen my friends take with it.
Jun 20, 2011
330 posts
107 upvotes
I wont be surprised if Apple sues them for countless dollars for patent infringement :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
hurlyhunk wrote: I wont be surprised if Apple sues them for countless dollars for patent infringement :twisted:
Good luck suing them in China. That will get them exactly nowhere. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)