Sports & Recreation

Gearforfit Air Rower - Concept 2 knock-off?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 5:43 pm
[OP]
Apr 3, 2010
458 posts
479 upvotes

Gearforfit Air Rower - Concept 2 knock-off?

I've been mulling over getting a good rower, but the Concept 2 Model D price always seemed too high to me. The pandemic prices for rowers are now even higher. Came across this yesterday for $690 plus tax, sold only by a company in Markham:

https://www.gearforfit.com/p173-gearforfit-air-rower

Looks virtually identical to a Concept 2, except for the monitor. May be (probably is) a Chinese knock-off, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad. Anyone have any constructive thoughts on this? It's nearly half the cost of a Concept 2.
5 replies
Dec 6, 2012
159 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
Did you buy it? It's OOS now...
It really looks like Concept 2 Chinese Edition Smiling Face With Open Mouth
They also have an Air Bike for $699...
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1027 posts
195 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I trust a reputable brand a lot more, not saying this isnt a good machine. I’m not sure what the monitor is like or how it runs but I’ve seen how the concept 2 monitors have evolved over time. The capabilities and functions of the PM5 monitor do make a difference. However, if you just want to simply row.. I’d suggest making sure what the warranty is and what is covered and what isn’t. If possible test it out somewhere and compare it to a Model D Pm5.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2010
458 posts
479 upvotes
I wanted to try this out at the store, but couldn't because of the lock-down. However, it went oos right after I started this thread, so someone must have bought it online after reading my post.

If anyone has bought it and used it, a detailed review would be much appreciated.
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11931 posts
92 upvotes
Anyone back this indiegogo? I wonder how it feels vs the Concept 2. I use the Concept 2 all the time at my local gym.
From a "Family" reviewer: "We Cheer teaches coordination, enticement to lust, women being used as sex objects, and team work."

From Worthy Playing: "We Cheer is, then, for all intents and purposes, the F-Zero GX of music games. It asks for so much, yet forgives so little. It is actually so casual that it's hardcore."
Oct 2, 2018
385 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
I have purchased a few items from Gearforfit and can say they have some great prices and am delighted with their quality of product.

I purchased a full rack, some bumper plates, the Adjustible G3 bench (AB3100 V3) & adjustible dumbbells (552) over the last few months.

Build quality has been excellent. The AB3100 bench and 552's dumbbells are what I would call knockoffs, however something is up here as the fit and finish is incredible. I may be wrong but I would swear that this gear is going out the back door of the factory while the real mccoys leave out the front.

The bench has the newest upgrades in fabric and rubber touch pads, dumbbells only missing the brand name on the red trim piece. Other than that quality is excellent.

For my garage workout area it will suit me needs well, equipment build exceeds my expectations.
Images
  • 20210222_153354.jpg
  • 20210222_144516.jpg
  • 20201121_141351.jpg
  • 20210222_152106.jpg