914 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto

GearForFit Ultimate Commercial 3x3 Power Rack $850

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
GearForFit
I have been looking at high-end power rack (3x3 11-gauge steel with 1" holes and preferably 2" hole spacing) options, including Rogue RM-3, Inspire FPC1 (currently on sale for $750 at Costco), and XM Fitness 365 Infinity Power Rack (on sale for $900).

I thought this GearForFit rack is a great deal especially with all the included attachments. Anyone care to share their opinion?

I have seen the Inspire FPC1 and GearForFit racks in person, and they were both super sturdy and did not wobble or move during pull ups and dips due to their flat-foot design. This means they will also not need to be bolted down. I do prefer the 2" hole spacing on the GearForFit over the 3" on the Inspire, but I like the included monkey bar on the Inspire more than the front-mounted pull up bars on the GearForFit. The powder coat on the Inspire is also a lot smoother than the GearForFit. I hope this sparks a good discussion regarding high-end racks. Please do not derail this thread by bringing up 2x3 or 2x3 racks, as this is specific to 3x3 racks.
28 replies
Nov 28, 2019
11 posts
8 upvotes
Is this true 3"x3" and on sale or regular price?

I'm waiting for more info on Bells Of Steels line up and pricing of their true 3"x3" 1 inch and 5/8 inch hole racks. Definitely in another tier from this rack, and they're more so closer to rogue than inspire or xm.

Has flat feet, modular, west side hole spacing in the bench range, BoS attachments are all great etc. and can fit 3rd partt American attachments without worry with true 3x3.

Feb 20, 2006
569 posts
464 upvotes
I was in Bells of Steel showroom today and they have the 3 x 3 11 gauge rack there. I am not sure if it is prototype. It is way overbuilt for my need and it has the Rogue like trolley Lever arms with pin locked for different angle, a high low plated loaded pulley, and a Y dip attachment mounted on it. I don't see any price information. Just for your info.
Aug 4, 2020
9 posts
2 upvotes
I’ve owned the FPC1 and currently own XM fitness’s 365 infinity. That FPC1 pissed me off so much. It was a great deal but the hole spacing was just so odd. It wasn’t 3 inches, it was something like 3.2. Also the j cups and spotter arms didn’t use UHMW, it was rubbery and stuck to my bar.
DONT LET IT GET RUST IN THE FIRST PLACE

-BURGERBOB
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1054 posts
1471 upvotes
okcomputer wrote: Is this true 3"x3" and on sale or regular price?

I'm waiting for more info on Bells Of Steels line up and pricing of their true 3"x3" 1 inch and 5/8 inch hole racks. Definitely in another tier from this rack, and they're more so closer to rogue than inspire or xm.

Has flat feet, modular, west side hole spacing in the bench range, BoS attachments are all great etc. and can fit 3rd partt American attachments without worry with true 3x3.

Not true, BoS will likely be closer to Inspire and GFF than Rogue considering they make their stuff in China like those companies.

Although, I don't think it matters much if a power rack is made in US or China really, as it's steel and a simple design. Apart from some finishing issues, a Chinese rack will be as useful as an American one, but not as "clean" or aesthetic.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2313 posts
1727 upvotes
okcomputer wrote: Is this true 3"x3" and on sale or regular price?

I think Balls of steel are very far from rogue. It's not even close lol.
Bells are in same tier with xm, gearforfit and titan.
Gearforfit has the best price though.

The ones that are closer to rogue or sorinex in canada are gorilafitness, ironbull fitness, squatracks canada and Irwin fitness
May 13, 2013
266 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
When I see Gear for Fit, I upvote. They did not price gouge during the early pandemic and continually provide good products and services. For certain pieces (benches, racks, machines) they source equipment from the same suppliers as larger providers like Rep Fitness and Amstaff Fitness.

It's a great piece for $850 3x3. The alternative would be to pay more for an RM3, mostly for aesthetics and ecosystem. Or, if you don't program pullups, or use landmine attachments, you can get a squat stand and a plate tree for potentially less, but this looks great.
Last edited by GCSaves on May 23rd, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 8, 2012
378 posts
539 upvotes
Ottawa
Not a fan of the feet style.

For a purchase like this I'd stick to Rogue.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2004
914 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Nev007 wrote: Not true, BoS will likely be closer to Inspire and GFF than Rogue considering they make their stuff in China like those companies.

Although, I don't think it matters much if a power rack is made in US or China really, as it's steel and a simple design. Apart from some finishing issues, a Chinese rack will be as useful as an American one, but not as "clean" or aesthetic.
I agree with you. However, USA and Canadian steel are more consistent and 11 gauge throughout (no corners cut), better quality control, and most importantly, better powder coat finish. Having said that, the reason we want Rogue is mostly marketing and customer service. Most other gym equipment has zero after-sale support, but Rogue is like the Apple of gym equipment. They will take care of you, sell you conversion kits for your current rack rather than force you to a buy a completely new rack, and offer lifetime warranty.

Also, I noticed the GearForFit is a clone of the XM rack with more included attachments. So, does that mean the GFF is the best value 3x3 rack currently? It's so hard to decide, since racks are not small and easy to transport.
Nov 19, 2016
662 posts
494 upvotes
Gear for fit gets an upvote for me.

Good quality materials. I have a bench from them and it's a tank.

Can be rude customer service though so be prepared
[OP]
Oct 19, 2004
914 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
AS2012 wrote: Not a fan of the feet style.

For a purchase like this I'd stick to Rogue.
What do you mean? It's a flat foot rack just like Rogue's. Those are the ones that do not need to be bolted to the floor due to increased stability and heft. I agree about buying Rogue though. My issue is shipping, customs, and duties alone will be almost the cost of this rack if I order the Rogue from the US. For such a big company, you would think that by now they would be selling directly in Canada like Inspire Fitness. If they opened a distribution centre in Canada or even cut a deal with Costco, they would dominate the Canadian home gym market overnight.
Feb 20, 2006
569 posts
464 upvotes
It doesn't seems to have lat pull down attachment available for this rack. If u need this attachment u may need to look else where. Otherwise this is a good price. Gear for fit seems has the best price in Canada.

I am cheap I buy whatever the cheapest with all the attachments I need. I looked into Rogue before and I couldn't justify the price and didn't know what I get in return to pay extra for American steel, duties, shipping, brand equity and their marketing. Structural steel is just structural steel.
Last edited by hchai on May 23rd, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 6, 2012
401 posts
571 upvotes
Edmonton
Mrrfdxyz wrote: I think Balls of steel are very far from rogue. It's not even close lol.
Bells are in same tier with xm, gearforfit and titan.
Gearforfit has the best price though.

The ones that are closer to rogue or sorinex in canada are gorilafitness, ironbull fitness, squatracks canada and Irwin fitness
Disagreed. BoS is the midpoint between Rogue and the XM-like brands. I've been to their showroom in Calgary and can confirm their stuff feels WAY better than the low tier equipment + their power bar won the best value bar on Garage Gym Reviews
https://www.garagegymreviews.com/best-budget-barbells
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1054 posts
1471 upvotes
RiP wrote: I agree with you. However, USA and Canadian steel are more consistent and 11 gauge throughout (no corners cut), better quality control, and most importantly, better powder coat finish. Having said that, the reason we want Rogue is mostly marketing and customer service. Most other gym equipment has zero after-sale support, but Rogue is like the Apple of gym equipment. They will take care of you, sell you conversion kits for your current rack rather than force you to a buy a completely new rack, and offer lifetime warranty.

Also, I noticed the GearForFit is a clone of the XM rack with more included attachments. So, does that mean the GFF is the best value 3x3 rack currently? It's so hard to decide, since racks are not small and easy to transport.
Inspire fitness also has lifetime warranty, no? Haven't used it personally but I remember reading that for their racks and functional trainers. They also had their 3x3 power rack on sale at Costco.ca for around $750 last month iirc, so I think they have the best value power rack when on sale. However the hole spacing is absurd on that rack so it depends if the savings outweigh that shortcoming.

You bring up good points on powder coat and customer service, which you won't get from GFF, but I think those issues aren't that big. I haven't heard of anyone needing customer service after purchasing a rack unless it came with missing or damaged parts, and most companies will provide customer service for such requests.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2313 posts
1727 upvotes
benilla wrote: Disagreed. BoS is the midpoint between Rogue and the XM-like brands. I've been to their showroom in Calgary and can confirm their stuff feels WAY better than the low tier equipment + their power bar won the best value bar on Garage Gym Reviews
https://www.garagegymreviews.com/best-budget-barbells
I disagree as well. I bought their barbell and it's shit. Sold it the day after.
Jun 8, 2012
378 posts
539 upvotes
Ottawa
RiP wrote: What do you mean? It's a flat foot rack just like Rogue's. Those are the ones that do not need to be bolted to the floor due to increased stability and heft. I agree about buying Rogue though. My issue is shipping, customs, and duties alone will be almost the cost of this rack if I order the Rogue from the US. For such a big company, you would think that by now they would be selling directly in Canada like Inspire Fitness. If they opened a distribution centre in Canada or even cut a deal with Costco, they would dominate the Canadian home gym market overnight.
I prefer the ones with 4 feet which bolt down and are easier to level. Otherwise they wobble.

I have a Rogue R3., But at the time I bought it, Rogue had buy 2 get free shipping. So I ordered 2 and sold the other one.

I agree Rogues shipping is really bad. I wanted the welded adjustable bench but with shipping it was double in price. I don't like the bolted version.
Apr 9, 2018
390 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
Nev007 wrote: Inspire fitness also has lifetime warranty, no? Haven't used it personally but I remember reading that for their racks and functional trainers. They also had their 3x3 power rack on sale at Costco.ca for around $750 last month iirc, so I think they have the best value power rack when on sale. However the hole spacing is absurd on that rack so it depends if the savings outweigh that shortcoming.
Is this it? If yes, still on sale for $750. Says 11 gauge steel but nothing about 3 x 3. Also checked their manual and website and nothing came up about 3 x 3...but I might've missed it

https://www.costco.ca/inspire-fitness-f ... 82062.html
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1054 posts
1471 upvotes
Hashim85 wrote: Is this it? If yes, still on sale for $750. Says 11 gauge steel but nothing about 3 x 3. Also checked their manual and website and nothing came up about 3 x 3...but I might've missed it

https://www.costco.ca/inspire-fitness-f ... 82062.html
Yes that's it. The 3x3 is what I read on reddit from some reviews on this rack but your right as it doesn't say 3x3 rack on the inspire site nor Costco's.
Nov 28, 2019
11 posts
8 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: I disagree as well. I bought their barbell and it's shit. Sold it the day after.
Damn, I like mine. Like sold it for more? Cause they have a 30 day full refund policy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)