• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 8:44 am
[OP]
Mar 20, 2009
237 posts
347 upvotes

General Mills free towel are Back !

Deal Link:
2 bags of cereals general mills or 3 packs of Nature valley.

Right now cereals are 3.77$ at walmart. You can also use a coupons on some boxs for 1$ off.

Happy hunting.

Beware the towels will be very cheap like in 2011.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2332 posts
1430 upvotes
GTA
What if we already have items from general mills? can we just use those codes?
Feb 12, 2006
547 posts
635 upvotes
mathbes wrote: 2 bags of cereals general mills or 3 packs of Nature valley.

Right now cereals are 3.77$ at walmart. You can also use a coupons on some boxs for 1$ off.

Happy hunting.

Beware the towels will be very cheap like in 2011.
How cheap we talking? like usable for showers/taking to the pool? wiping down stuff? as a way to plug my door so my A/C isn't wasted in summer?

Also how big were the previous ones?
Akizuki wrote: What if we already have items from general mills? can we just use those codes?
says specially marked, so if your boxes are marked... sure.
Last edited by Kazushi on May 13th, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 26, 2011
833 posts
885 upvotes
Calgary
Per Flipp in Alberta

Nature Valley bars are
1.97/box at No Frills
1.98/box at RCSS
1.99/box at SDM
$6/3box at Walmart

General Mills are
2.97/box at RCSS & No Frills

Not sure which boxes would have the codes though
What are the specially marked products?
The specially marked products Are:

UPC Cereal Products
65633-13465 Yellow Box Cheerios
65633-13414 Honey Nut Cheerios
65633-13415 Multi Grain Cheerios
65633-13434 Lucky Charms
65633-13442 Cinnamon Toast Crunch

UPC Snack Products
65633-15739 Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Almond 6ct
65633-15775 Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Peanut 6ct
65633-15736 Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Chewy Granola Bar Dark Chocolate 6ct
65633-43205 Fibre 1 Brownie Fudge 5ct
65633-43759 Nature Valley Protein Almond Dark Chocolate 4ct
https://www.generalmillsfreetowel.ca/faq.php
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1869 posts
3703 upvotes
union station, TO
would rather receive a $5 gift card, like what kelloggs did for buying the family size kelloggs cereal
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3747 posts
784 upvotes
Kazushi wrote: How cheap we talking? like usable for showers/taking to the pool? wiping down stuff? as a way to plug my door so my A/C isn't wasted in summer?

Also how big were the previous ones?

says specially marked, so if your boxes are marked... sure.
IIRC it will very quickly be a rag towel for wiping down stuff or the ac example you describe
Feb 12, 2006
547 posts
635 upvotes
oicthat2013 wrote: would rather receive a $5 gift card, like what kelloggs did for buying the family size kelloggs cereal
I did that the first time with the kelloggs one, was a hassle to get the card. When I finally got it, I found out it expired all of 2 months later. Not sure if I'm just broken, but I always forgot to use it either because I'd have to use 2 payment methods (exceed fund), or buy something so insignificant price wise I didn't bother.
poorwingman wrote: IIRC it will very quickly be a rag towel for wiping down stuff or the ac example you describe
Ahh, okay. Maybe I'll keep cut it up and use it for wiping down the interior of my car and other house hold wipings. Why auto manufacturers decide to use glossy black plastic is beyond me.
hksun wrote: Approx. Towel Size 28" X 56"
thanks!
Jun 25, 2020
163 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hmmm.. have enough Calvin Klein towels that are still unused.

And enough Kellogg’s cereals from a couple of weeks ago.
Oct 18, 2015
318 posts
232 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Kazushi wrote: I did that the first time with the kelloggs one, was a hassle to get the card. When I finally got it, I found out it expired all of 2 months later. Not sure if I'm just broken, but I always forgot to use it either because I'd have to use 2 payment methods (exceed fund), or buy something so insignificant price wise I didn't bother.

Ahh, okay. Maybe I'll keep cut it up and use it for wiping down the interior of my car and other house hold wipings. Why auto manufacturers decide to use glossy black plastic is beyond me.

thanks!
I usually use them as soon as I get them to buy Amazon gift card. $5 gift card goes through without problems...
[OP]
Mar 20, 2009
237 posts
347 upvotes
eyeball123 wrote: I usually use them as soon as I get them to buy Amazon gift card. $5 gift card goes through without problems...
I used them for buying 5$ of gasoline in my car...
Feb 12, 2006
547 posts
635 upvotes
eyeball123 wrote: I usually use them as soon as I get them to buy Amazon gift card. $5 gift card goes through without problems...
I did try that actually. Cereal GC for amazon GC. It wouldn't let me do it, contacted chat and they said no prepaid cards. Pretty common for platforms not to let you use one form of prepay to pay another in my experience. But I'll try again next time.
Feb 12, 2006
547 posts
635 upvotes
FYI, Just submitted (super ez), and the email says:
Hello,

Thank you for participating in our promotion.

Your beach towel will be sent to your mailing address below within 10 weeks.
Should arrive JUST in time for summer Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 21, 2014
81 posts
131 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I wonder when the marked boxes will show up. Just bought a few HN Cheerios and 10 different boxes of Nature Valley two days ago. I didn’t notice anything on the boxes and now I just don’t think I’ll be buying anymore for a little bit...
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20644 posts
8135 upvotes
Toronto
The credit cards have been incredibly easy to use in my case. Most grocery stores can do split orders so I usually ask them to charge me for $5 and they put the card through ... OR, the Amazon trick where you just order a $5 card for yourself.
It's not a "gas card" at all - it's a prepaid credit card to buy what you want.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20644 posts
8135 upvotes
Toronto
Eightdays wrote: I wonder when the marked boxes will show up. Just bought a few HN Cheerios and 10 different boxes of Nature Valley two days ago. I didn’t notice anything on the boxes and now I just don’t think I’ll be buying anymore for a little bit...
If you have a receipt that falls within the purchase terms, submit it anyways. See what happens.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Feb 12, 2006
547 posts
635 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: If you have a receipt that falls within the purchase terms, submit it anyways. See what happens.
There's a printed PIN on the inside. Unmarked boxes would not have this pin... unless they want to go on a rampage in a grocery store and open the boxes just for PINs
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20644 posts
8135 upvotes
Toronto
Gotcha
RedFlagDeals Addict
Sep 28, 2014
9 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I tried using the $5 credit cards on Amazon or even a local Partsource (auto store). Couldn't get it to work in either case. Only found it to work at grocery "merchants" in person.

Have you tried using the most recent cards outside of a grocery store?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2692 posts
1714 upvotes
montreal
cadibiagio wrote: I tried using the $5 credit cards on Amazon ... Couldn't get it to work in either case.
The correct way to use them on amazon, is to buy a 5$ reload (giftcard).
Then you simply use your balance towards any purchase!