Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Gerber Infantry Knife / LMF II - Sale $59.99 [50% off $119.99]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2014 9:32 am
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Gerber Infantry Knife / LMF II - Sale $59.99 [50% off $119.99]

This is a hot deal, this knife is highly rated. I only found it because I'm looking for the Bear Grylls Survivor knife (which is NOT on sale but I'm ordering from amazon.com).

Anyway, at 50% off, this Infantry knife is a great buy, I believe it was designed as a survivor knife for troops (more info here: http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-22-01629-B ... B000E3QUB6)

Cheers
57 replies
Dec 14, 2003
641 posts
108 upvotes
Somehow.... the title made me think it was something for babies (Gerber brand for food & baby stuff)! Had a good laugh looking at the post.
Mar 28, 2009
737 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow great price for the knife. I have the same one, only issue is it's really hard to take out of holster so you may have to sand the holster down a bit.
Mar 7, 2011
675 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
VietTran wrote: Wow great price for the knife. I have the same one, only issue is it's really hard to take out of holster so you may have to sand the holster down a bit.

It is indeed a good knife. The "retail" of 130 is way too much, but a good knife at 60$. I picked it up at Canadian Tire for the same price a year ago or so - 59.99.

Your complaint is however invalid, your a wuss.

The holster / sheath is fantastic. It is supposed to be tight so it doesnt fall out. You can even mount it on your person or w.e upside down and run around and what not and not worry about it falling out. Its the entire idea behind a well made sheath.

To remove, just pull firmly, or push off of the top of the holster / sheath with your thumb. Very easy once do it a few times. It may get easier after some time perhaps but that would be unfortunate. If you sand it down that would just ruin it and the whole benefit of having a snug holster. Even my 13 year old sister had little issue with it. Maybe if your under 80lbs you would have great difficulty with it
Dec 8, 2008
144 posts
42 upvotes
Perfect for deboning Rabbits and keeping that silly ninja squirell at bay
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
I use it to open the bags of baby cereals.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Dav326235 wrote: Even my 13 year old sister had little issue with it. Maybe if your under 80lbs you would have great difficulty with it
Daaamn, you gonna take that VietTran? You guys need to fight it out... use your knives! ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1837 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
I wouldn't bother with the Bear Grylls Survivor knife. My friend bought one. Completely dull out of the package.
Mar 16, 2007
208 posts
156 upvotes
Calgary
The Torch Tanto knife is also 1/2 off for $37.49 (http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gerbe ... _eIPcVdXEY). It's a really sturdy folding knife, heavy so not really an EDC (everyday carry), but really good for light work use around the house.

I bought both of these knives the last time they were on sale at CT and haven't regretted it
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
I read the original released BG knives had issues, but not the ones now. Also, it comes with the flint which is handy to have. I don't mind if it's not super sharp, comes with a stone so you can sharpen it.
Mar 28, 2009
737 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
Dav326235 wrote: Your complaint is however invalid, your a wuss.

The holster / sheath is fantastic. It is supposed to be tight so it doesnt fall out. You can even mount it on your person or w.e upside down and run around and what not and not worry about it falling out. Its the entire idea behind a well made sheath.

To remove, just pull firmly, or push off of the top of the holster / sheath with your thumb. Very easy once do it a few times. It may get easier after some time perhaps but that would be unfortunate. If you sand it down that would just ruin it and the whole benefit of having a snug holster. Even my 13 year old sister had little issue with it. Maybe if your under 80lbs you would have great difficulty with it
Alright take it easy Rambo, we're not all over 80lbs like you and your 13 year old knife wielding sister. TBH, never actually tried holding the sheath down with my thumb first while pulling, I'll give that a try.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
Bonaduce wrote: The Torch Tanto knife is also 1/2 off for $37.49 (http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gerbe ... _eIPcVdXEY). It's a really sturdy folding knife, heavy so not really an EDC (everyday carry), but really good for light work use around the house.

I bought both of these knives the last time they were on sale at CT and haven't regretted it
Thanks will be grabbing this one picked up infantry one last time it was 50%...its a very good knife..
Feb 26, 2006
175 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks OP

Got the Infantry at Queensway CT. None in the display case, associate had to fetch it out of the back. They were OOS on the Torch Tanto however.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
558 upvotes
Calgary
Perfect gift for Baby Showers. Baby's first Infantry Knife!!
Dec 15, 2013
61 posts
15 upvotes
NORTH YORK
This knife is awesome for this price I picked one up Friday I might buy another just because!!!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1212 posts
581 upvotes
North York
And I thought I had a fetish for knives