• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2020 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 9, 2013
967 posts
1095 upvotes
Scarborough
Any folks have some memories of the food court's only TWO establishments from the 80s, being Poonie's and Bessie's right across from it?
Mar 1, 2008
848 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
i miss that chinese place in the food court with the two chinese ladies. they were nice.
Nov 4, 2008
372 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0843680008

The only place worth eating in gerrard square
And here's the accompanying article on Tropical Joe's from BlogTO: https://www.blogto.com/restaurants/trop ... s-toronto/

TIL that they source their patties from Allan's. I love going to Allan's in Scarborough, but it's great to know that I can get their patties in the neighbourhood too!
Nov 4, 2008
372 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: A trini coworker said the roti is just as good as back in T&T :-0
Speaking of Trini food, I wish Tropical Joe's had doubles...but I guess I can't expect a place that focuses in Jamaican food to also have a thorough Trinidadian food menu too.
Nov 9, 2013
967 posts
1095 upvotes
Scarborough
aznblade wrote: i miss that chinese place in the food court with the two chinese ladies. they were nice.
Used to always get as a kid with the folks when visiting there, a plate of their yummy deep-fried chicken wings with a side of their sweet & sour sauce!

It was really good! Sigh. Great memories! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nov 9, 2013
967 posts
1095 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: I love doubles. Last time i had tree of dem.
Used to get them at ACR Hot Roti & Doubles in Scarborough a lot few years back. Though their quality started declining in comparison to the price raise. Service is not good either.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2780 posts
1042 upvotes
Update.

Passed by Gerrard Square on the weekend and noticed signs outside that a Popeye's Chicken will be opening soon. It is not in the food court, but two doors down from where the Tim Hortons is located.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41709 posts
5324 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Mr_Fanta wrote: Update.

Passed by Gerrard Square on the weekend and noticed signs outside that a Popeye's Chicken will be opening soon. It is not in the food court, but two doors down from where the Tim Hortons is located.
Everyone knocks gerrard sq... but Popeyes opening up is another +1!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15052 posts
2906 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: Popeye's Chicken will be opening soon. It is not in the food court, but two doors down from where the Tim Hortons is located.
Who left? The Pet store? So there's no more pet store in that mall now?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2780 posts
1042 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Who left? The Pet store? So there's no more pet store in that mall now?
Haven't a clue. I think The Source electronics store in the mall will move outside and be sandwiched between new Popeye's chicken opening soon and the long established Tim Hortons still at the corner.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11605 posts
3536 upvotes
Toronto
There used to be a dollar store in the coming Popeye's location but that location has been vacant for the longest time
Come to think of it I can't remember if that dollar store moved inside to the second floor or that second floor dollar store is a different one
Only noticed a few weeks back a Dollarama is coming to the space under No Frills on Carlaw ('memba Towers?)
Oct 3, 2011
547 posts
329 upvotes
OTTAWA
forgive the bumping of this old thread lol...

Growing up, I spent my summers in the area and gerard square was a place I ended up at more often than not. I don't ever recall eating there, but sure has changed a lot since and at the same time.. it hasn't changed at all. lol.

While I'm reminiscing about this place and going slightly off topic.... does anyone happen to know what happened to the hands holding egg sculpture that was there years ago?
jenviea wrote: There used to be a dollar store in the coming Popeye's location but that location has been vacant for the longest time
Come to think of it I can't remember if that dollar store moved inside to the second floor or that second floor dollar store is a different one
Only noticed a few weeks back a Dollarama is coming to the space under No Frills on Carlaw ('memba Towers?)
towers... AND consumers distributing.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41709 posts
5324 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
lurkknight wrote: forgive the bumping of this old thread lol...

Growing up, I spent my summers in the area and gerard square was a place I ended up at more often than not. I don't ever recall eating there, but sure has changed a lot since and at the same time.. it hasn't changed at all. lol.

While I'm reminiscing about this place and going slightly off topic.... does anyone happen to know what happened to the hands holding egg sculpture that was there years ago?

towers... AND consumers distributing.
Here is a waaaay back throw back.