• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2024 9:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
1905 posts
7 upvotes
Everything there sucks ass. I never eat there that pizza place is damn good there another on Pape ave this store can't remember what it's called but it passed a street called Dingwall. Anyone know who has good Falafel or Shawarma? I just moved here and heven't seen any good places yet. I would stay away from any places in there and go out side to the Pizza place.
!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
completely off topic and not really a hot deal but i figure the ppl visiting the thread are locals so the new Staples there has MIJ Maxell DVD+R 50 packs PM their 39.99?(or something) w/FS or BB that has their for 15ish. there were 4 left at 8pm today, if there are no more, ask a stock boy to check the back and avoid the manager Derek cause he's an ass.

deal for my locals
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
7 upvotes
They should seriously consider opening up a strip joint right next to Payless Shoes or Zellers or something at Gerrard Square.

This would make business in that "Mall" boom......
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
7 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:they have a STaples and Home Depot... those are two HUGE retail super stores.

Yeah but the lonely husbands who go into Staples looking for printer paper will probably get horny and angry. Horny cuz they aint getting any. Angry cuz their sexy wives are cheating on them with young pizza delivery guys who DON'T have 6 pack pot belly beer belly stomaches...

A niche market needs to be filled!!!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18145 upvotes
ONTARIO
Truth wrote:Yeah but the lonely husbands who go into Staples looking for printer paper will probably get horny and angry. Horny cuz they aint getting any. Angry cuz their sexy wives are cheating on them with young pizza delivery guys who DON'T have 6 pack pot belly beer belly stomaches...

A niche market needs to be filled!!!
:confused:
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
umm not to be rude or anything, but didn't this topic about food go off topic?
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Aug 6, 2005
490 posts
There is some Tandoori place that is great. I LOVE IT.

BTW I'm desi lol.

-Mems
Jun 30, 2004
761 posts
2 upvotes
Mems wrote:There is some Tandoori place that is great. I LOVE IT.

BTW I'm desi lol.

-Mems
where?
Feb 26, 2005
295 posts
9 upvotes
Best bets are Subway and Thai Delight. Althougth it's just chinese food and not really Thai. This mall was in need of a makeover and appears to be getting a gigantic one.
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
7 upvotes
Yeah well, they ^^^ need to get that "Thai" outta their name and call themselves "Wing Luk Fuk CHinese take out food" or something... LOL I hear they make an attempt at Thai food though, is it any good???
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
A little late Hahahaha, though the "food court" at Gerrard Square had only a couple of eateries before they added the few more in recent years. There was Poonie's on one side and Bessie's right across from it next to the bank. They both had decent stuff. Poonie's had great deep fried chicken wings with sweet and sour sauce. They later became Kaneko & Poonie before leaving. Bessie's used to make a nice burger and fries as well.

Then there was Steak & Burger next to Zellers. Their wings, garlic bread and onion rings were great too!

Also, the former Sears; where the Home Depot sits since used to have a nice cafeteria style restaurant tucked away in the store on the upper level by the portrait studios, it appeared.

On the outside plaza facing Gerrard Street on the street level by the underground parkade, there was The Pizza Barn & Spaghetti House restaurant' which looked quite nice and quaint.

Until a few years ago, their was a nice cafe/crepe place (kiosk style) on the upper level across from Service Canada and Benix called Crepe It Up or something like that. Had a nice sitting area to relax and have a nice treat there.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Ah yes, a revisit to the Gerrard Square food court thread.
Nice to see the McDonald's is still there. (just outside the mall)
Here's an updated image of the GS food court today:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Look, the place is east side Gerrard/Broadview. Old chinatown and GHETTO af... Hasnt changed in a 100yrs. The MickeyD's has been renovated. Same as all the other MD's except you get more homeless stragglers as patrons... and single welfare moms with 3-5 kids noising up the joint. The entire mall was always filthy, cheap low class, lower income five and dime shops. I'm surprised there's a Home Depot there which is not bad actually. There's one old coot who is really good at his job, great customer service. Not sure if he's still there.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
^ Actually the McD's was not "renovated" it was literally knocked down completely into rubble. It was built all over again and not even in the exact physical location. Generally speaking, it is somewhat the same corner but definitely not the same "spot" where the originally McDonald's was.

The only place I still get food from is the Caribbean place in the food court. From the first arrival of Tropical Joe's their menu price has skyrocketed astronomically. The only reason, I still go there is their "large" orders portions especially their roti are still bigger than anywhere else for Caribbean food. PERIOD.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18145 upvotes
ONTARIO
aznnorth wrote: Look, the place is east side Gerrard/Broadview. Old chinatown and GHETTO af... Hasnt changed in a 100yrs. The MickeyD's has been renovated. Same as all the other MD's except you get more homeless stragglers as patrons... and single welfare moms with 3-5 kids noising up the joint. The entire mall was always filthy, cheap low class, lower income five and dime shops. I'm surprised there's a Home Depot there which is not bad actually. There's one old coot who is really good at his job, great customer service. Not sure if he's still there.
They’ve upgraded greatly recently.

-24 hour planet fitness
-walmart
-home depot
-winners
-staples
-cibc open 7 days a week
-food basic (it sucks... but at least its a big grocery).
-food court is getting better. Same old kfc/subway/chinese food. But now with a legit bbt stand, carribean food, burrito place, sushi.

Its got 3 big box stores. So thats convienent.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
Dang there used to be this corner store place that makes these patty supremes near RCI. I dated 2 girls around there so that was a nice snack after a few sessions. lol
Dec 8, 2015
401 posts
230 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Emancipated wrote: Don't crap all over my Gerrard Square man. I grew up around that mall. Use to bike there after school to waste my quarters when they had an arcade (great 80s) and go next door to that burger place. Oh man, it's 1988 all over again.
Steak and Burger, formerly Ponderosa. Sweet memories of my youth.
Dec 8, 2015
401 posts
230 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Nerds went to Riverdale, Monarch Park Girl myself circa late 70's. Poonie's sucks.
Dec 8, 2015
401 posts
230 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
aznnorth wrote: Look, the place is east side Gerrard/Broadview. Old chinatown and GHETTO af... Hasnt changed in a 100yrs. The MickeyD's has been renovated. Same as all the other MD's except you get more homeless stragglers as patrons... and single welfare moms with 3-5 kids noising up the joint. The entire mall was always filthy, cheap low class, lower income five and dime shops. I'm surprised there's a Home Depot there which is not bad actually. There's one old coot who is really good at his job, great customer service. Not sure if he's still there.
That's what makes it Gerrard Sq., you know what your getting when you enter, no airs or pretense here, lol.
Last edited by jemjem9 on Jan 12th, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)