Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Get 1000 Optimum Pts - When you buy a $50 Vanilla Prepaid MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2015 10:42 am
[OP]
Mar 27, 2013
691 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Get 1000 Optimum Pts - When you buy a $50 Vanilla Prepaid MasterCard

Get 1000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points when you purchase a $50 Vanilla Prepaid MasterCard®.

Offer valid from Saturday, November 14, 2015 to Friday, November 20, 2015.

*Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes RBC® Shoppers Optimum® MasterCard® points and points associated with the RBC® Shoppers Optimum® Banking Account. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Offer valid from November 14, 2015 to November 20, 2015, while quantities last. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rainchecks. Offer may be changed or terminated at any time without notice. See cashier for details.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
this doesn't sound like a deal at all.

1000 is like 1/100 of 95000 => 1.7

these prepaid visa/master have a pretty heavy fee to activate and they slap a fee on a monthly basis as well I remember.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
chimp wrote: this doesn't sound like a deal at all.

these prepaid visa/master have a pretty heavy fee to activate and they slap a fee on a monthly basis as well I remember.
Ive got these in the past from doing surveys for Farm Credit Corporation. They send me a $50 card, that's what it is. Don't have any activation fee, or any monthly fee either. Unless Im wrong or its new, never had it happen

If not, be a good way to get some extra points. Just buy it, then use it to go buy whatever you were going to buy
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3495 posts
2819 upvotes
Richmond Hill
These cards have an activation fee. IIRC, $3.95 for the $25 card, and $5.95? for for the $50 one.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2756 posts
698 upvotes
Ottawa
chimp wrote: this doesn't sound like a deal at all.

Spidey wrote: Ive got these in the past from doing surveys for Farm Credit Corporation. They send me a $50 card, that's what it is. Don't have any activation fee, or any monthly fee either. Unless Im wrong or its new, never had it happen

If not, be a good way to get some extra points. Just buy it, then use it to go buy whatever you were going to buy
Activation fee is to whoever BUYS the card, not whoever uses it.

There's no monthly fee. (In the past it's waived for first 12 months. No clue if it's now completely gone or still just first 12 months.)
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: Activation fee is to whoever BUYS the card, not whoever uses it.

There's no monthly fee. (In the past it's waived for first 12 months. No clue if it's now completely gone or still just first 12 months.)
Gotcha, looks like a stay away for me, to much of a pain in the ass just for some points
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1496 posts
634 upvotes
Spidey wrote: Ive got these in the past from doing surveys for Farm Credit Corporation. They send me a $50 card, that's what it is. Don't have any activation fee, or any monthly fee either. Unless Im wrong or its new, never had it happen

There is a $4.95 activation charge on these cards, the ones you get for surveys or rebates are already activated by the company paying for the rebate.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
bigphil26 wrote: There is a $4.95 activation charge on these cards, the ones you get for surveys or rebates are already activated by the company paying for the rebate.
Thanks, well that will make this deal very cold then