Expired Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard (till Oct 2)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3145 upvotes
Montreal

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard (till Oct 2)

There is a new link available for 100,000 points.

I found it by using a link from a year old RFD thread (pcfinancial.ca/get100) that currently redirects to
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/en/campaign/other15

It’s not an affiliated link.

Credit to @titaniumtux for previous thread

See mid-2020 thread op here for information

presidents-choice-get-100k-pc-optimum-p ... d-2378261/

——

*Apply at pcfinancial.ca/get100 for a President's Choice Financial Mastercard® September 5–October 2, 2020 and when you receive your President's Choice Financial Mastercard® credit card and make your first purchase using your new card in store or online at a Shoppers Drug Mart, Wellwise, or participating Loblaw banner store, receive a bonus 100,000 PC Optimum™ points

——

Procsess to get 100,000 points:

Must apply online with pcfinancial.ca/get100

Must make purchase at a store that sells pc products (Loblaws owned), such as a grocery or Shoppers Drug Mart.

Esso-Mobil does not count as eligible purchase for 100,000 points promotion.

There is no requirement that it must be your first purchase ever with the card, you can use the card elsewhere before.

It will take couple of days after purchase to get an email saying you did the required purchase to get 100,000 points.

After that email, it can take many days before you actually get the points, split in 20,000 and 80,000 points, for a total of 100,000 points.
Last edited by cashinstinct on Sep 7th, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
if you are required to send proof of identity...send copy (photo) of driver's license and telecommunications or utility statement to either of the following:
EMAIL: documents@pcmastercard.ca
FAX: 1-866-437-6515

There's also a snail-mail option but I don't think anyone on this thread could be bothered to deal with snail-mail for this. If sending an email, include full name as it appears on your card along with the last four digits of the MC in the subject line.

~~~~~~~~~~~

if you are unable to add the PCF MC to your PCO pts account, there are two options. The first option is to call PCO and declare the cancelled card "lost or stolen". This will purge it from your PCO account, allowing you to add the new card. Since wait times for PCO are terrible...use the household feature. This does not require calling in to PC Optimum. Here are the steps.
1. create a new PCO pts account. Email aliases work. Can use Gmail alias (user+xyz@gmail ) or a 3rd party alias service (33mail). I did [user]+last four digits of MC @ gmail
2. Link PCF MC. Assuming you got the unknown error trying to add it to your existing PCO pts account, it should work in a new PCO pts account
3. Go back to original PCO pts account. Go to household feature, and invite your new account
You'll receive an email invite to the email used for the new account. Go ahead and confirm. If you're using different browsers to manage the PCO accounts, you can copy the link from the email to join household and then paste it in the browser you're using for the new PCO pts account
4. Done. Your new account is only linked directly to the MC, and pools the pts with the original PCO pts account

~~~~~~~~~~~

Strictly comparing the PCF AND CTFS world elite tier cards
* in-store spend: CTFS wins by a hairline. Accelerator is on pre-tax amount, but more items are taxable at CTFS partner stores than PCF
* Gas bars: will probably depend more on partner gas bars in your area
* Other accelerators: CTFS is a clear winner, for its 3%/grocery, mind you (although a partner store) SDM (pharmacy) can generate a strong earn rate on PCF
* other feats: PCF for travel, CTFS for roadside assistance and bill pay feature. Since many of us have another card that covers travel (travel medical, travel booking portal), PCF might be redundant. But...CTFS has the best roadside assistance included with a CC (plus it's a no-AF card), and the bill pay feature is unrivaled
* BT: PCF wins but only for intro offer. CTFS has okay BT offers for existing cardholders
* Welcome bonus: PCF is the clear winner whenever you can get 100k PCO pts on first spend. But this offer is not always around... usually it's only 20k PCO pts
* Income requirement: CTFS doesn't seem to consider household income, making PCF more feasible for eligibility
114 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3145 upvotes
Montreal
Second post reserved for more information as required.

——

« Once you cancel, it's minimum six (6) months wait before you apply again. »

Credits @titaniumtux

—-

If you are not instantly approved, the approval email received won’t say which card you will get.
Last edited by cashinstinct on Sep 8th, 2020 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13439 posts
10844 upvotes
Leask
Cool that they extended the offer...more flexible for churners who also BT off this card. Already cancelled mine. If they extend the offer into the winter, I guess I could dip again for the 100k pts :lol:
No solicitation in sigs
Feb 16, 2003
519 posts
67 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Cool that they extended the offer...more flexible for churners who also BT off this card. Already cancelled mine. If they extend the offer into the winter, I guess I could dip again for the 100k pts :lol:
What's your frequency for this card? 6 months after cancellation?
WTB:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9049 posts
53805 upvotes
Ontario
titaniumtux wrote: Cool that they extended the offer...more flexible for churners who also BT off this card. Already cancelled mine. If they extend the offer into the winter, I guess I could dip again for the 100k pts :lol:
how to double dip?
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13439 posts
10844 upvotes
Leask
Zen wrote: What's your frequency for this card? 6 months after cancellation?
Once you cancel, it's minimum six (6) months wait before you apply again.
Thatdealguy wrote: how to double dip?
Get the 100k pts twice within just over 12 months (or get the 100k pts plus do the BT).
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12079 posts
3253 upvotes
Scarberia
is it 0% BT for the regular NON we card? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13439 posts
10844 upvotes
Leask
mikka2017 wrote: is it 0% BT for the regular NON we card? tia
Intro offer(s) including BT offer is the same across all card tiers.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1375 posts
1216 upvotes
As per topic, get a 100K PC Optimum point bonus after your first purchase (at their stores). Offer running until Oct 2nd, not sure if that's the application date, or the approval date.
Feb 27, 2010
484 posts
264 upvotes
So Fortinos or no frills is fine for the first purchase to get the 100000 pc points bonus? Can I link this with my wife’s pc optimum card?
Dec 20, 2012
957 posts
774 upvotes
Surrey
Now the question is is this card better or the Triangle Rewards? I’m leaning more towards the Triangle Rewards card. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1261 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: Now the question is is this card better or the Triangle Rewards? I’m leaning more towards the Triangle Rewards card. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Similar strokes for different folks.

Depends if you wanted to be limited to PC banner stores or not.

CT card gives you 3% back across the board for groceries.

Each factors their own gas station.

CT has roadside.

Both have special points events but the PC ones are bit more lucrative usually.

Each have fairly defined pros and cons.

I think the triangle is a bit more versatile as a whole cuz it doesn't limit you to PC banner stores for groceries.

Otherwise for all other shopping categories I don't find either card necessarily advantageous unless you're a heavy spender at esso/Shoppers (PC) vs CT Banner stores. I think ultimately that tips the iceberg.

If you're looking for the best grocery card without having to think everytime you go get groceries get the CT.

But if you are typically a PC banner person go that route.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4581 posts
1913 upvotes
If you're eligible for the WORLD Elite Mastercard get it, it's pretty much a no brainer. I'm not going to say lie about your income if you need to that would be wrong, but you could always drink a bit too much beforehand or have sausage fingers while filling it out.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
(Smartwatch / Fitness Tracker) Garmin Vivoactive 3 white/rose gold HAS WARRANTY (non-Mp3) - $120 SHIPPED (Oct 27th), EMT ONLY
Google Nest Mini 2nd Gen Charcoal, USED, $30 shipped (Oct 27th) EMT only - PM.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Dec 20, 2012
957 posts
774 upvotes
Surrey
RiCHC3 wrote: If you're eligible for the WORLD Elite Mastercard get it, it's pretty much a no brainer. I'm not going to say lie about your income if you need to that would be wrong, but you could always drink a bit too much beforehand or have sausage fingers while filling it out.
No, I’m comparing the no annual fee cards. I’m leaning towards the Triangle one, but I’m still thinking about it. Is it worth it, especially for 50x points sales?
Feb 27, 2010
484 posts
264 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: If you're eligible for the WORLD Elite Mastercard get it, it's pretty much a no brainer. I'm not going to say lie about your income if you need to that would be wrong, but you could always drink a bit too much beforehand or have sausage fingers while filling it out.
Do they ask for proof?