Expired Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard (till Oct 2)

Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4587 posts
1916 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: No, I’m comparing the no annual fee cards. I’m leaning towards the Triangle one, but I’m still thinking about it. Is it worth it, especially for 50x points sales?
I wasn't responding to you directly with my initial comment, but either way the World Elite Mastercard from PC has no annual fee. Another big perk is it includes travel medical insurance which might save you around $20-40 per person in your family on a vacay (complicated because of COVID, but still an unreal offer for no annual fee).
As for Triangle, I can appreciate it gives you more flexibility on grocery stores (sans Walmart and Costco), but generally speaking NoFrills and Superstore/Loblaws are the place to go anyways and the PC points program is the best, imo. The Roadside assistance on the Triangle card is a nice perk though, same with the gas deals.

Depends on your needs. I'd personally probably want to own both, but the PC card is more useful for MY habits. Triangle may or may not be better for you if you shop at their stores.
juve4lfe wrote: Do they ask for proof?
Didn't for me, but that was maybe 2-3 years ago.

To my knowledge it's mostly just Scotia that asks for verification (not always, but often compared to the rest).
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
(Smartwatch / Fitness Tracker) Garmin Vivoactive 3 white/rose gold HAS WARRANTY (non-Mp3) - $120 SHIPPED (Oct 27th), EMT ONLY
Google Nest Mini 2nd Gen Charcoal, USED, $30 shipped (Oct 27th) EMT only - PM.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Dec 20, 2012
968 posts
783 upvotes
Surrey
RiCHC3 wrote: I wasn't responding to you directly with my initial comment, but either way the World Elite Mastercard from PC has no annual fee. Another big perk is it includes travel medical insurance which might save you around $20-40 per person in your family on a vacay (complicated because of COVID, but still an unreal offer for no annual fee).
As for Triangle, I can appreciate it gives you more flexibility on grocery stores (sans Walmart and Costco), but generally speaking NoFrills and Superstore/Loblaws are the place to go anyways and the PC points program is the best, imo. The Roadside assistance on the Triangle card is a nice perk though, same with the gas deals.

Depends on your needs. I'd personally probably want to own both, but the PC card is more useful for MY habits. Triangle may or may not be better for you if you shop at their stores.

Didn't for me, but that was maybe 2-3 years ago.

To my knowledge it's mostly just Scotia that asks for verification (not always, but often compared to the rest).
The problem is I’m a student with a disability, and I have no income rn Confused Face
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4587 posts
1916 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: The problem is I’m a student with a disability, and I have no income rn Confused Face
You probably can't get the higher end cards then, unless you lie.
But a lot of credit card companies love loading students up with debt so you don't need much or even any income, might just have to give your student number and alike. Tangerine comes to mind and MBNA has been favorable in the past. Not sure how Triangle or PC treat students.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
(Smartwatch / Fitness Tracker) Garmin Vivoactive 3 white/rose gold HAS WARRANTY (non-Mp3) - $120 SHIPPED (Oct 27th), EMT ONLY
Google Nest Mini 2nd Gen Charcoal, USED, $30 shipped (Oct 27th) EMT only - PM.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Dec 20, 2012
968 posts
783 upvotes
Surrey
Sorry if it’s a stupid question, but what’s BT?
Apr 7, 2007
676 posts
194 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Signed up a month ago or so, received my card a couple weeks ago and never used it until a few days ago at SDM then just received the ca-ching email say I earned 100K points. Very nice...
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1375 posts
1216 upvotes
PC decides which card you start with, you can't apply for a specific card. While I have Amex Platinum / other high end visa's PC put me in the middle road card to start with, which I thought was odd.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10329 posts
4807 upvotes
We only use the pc world elite for fuel and superstore here and there but then we fill up 2 times a week there when in city and thats just under $200 for the both vehicles so the points add up quick.

I know when sister asked for elite this year they needed verification..

I guess there following rogers and we have the rogers world elite for many years and they sent a letter saying they would be doing checks this year on income for anyone with the card so we called and told them we just wanted to do it now and not have to wait as we had the time and sent a fax to them. Took a whole 5 minutes and they provided us $20 in points for our wasted time haha.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10329 posts
4807 upvotes
zylonite wrote: How much is 100k point to dollar value?
100$
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3148 upvotes
Montreal
cheapmother wrote: Signed up a month ago or so, received my card a couple weeks ago and never used it until a few days ago at SDM then just received the ca-ching email say I earned 100K points. Very nice...
Yeah that’s about the usual delay, a couple of days after purchase to get confirmation email.
Nov 30, 2019
8 posts
16 upvotes
In the sign up form there’s an option to add a referral code but I can’t find up to date info on what the bonus is for it.
Anyone have info on it? I’m curious to know if it’s worth looking for a referrer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3148 upvotes
Montreal
randomwordcombo wrote: In the sign up form there’s an option to add a referral code but I can’t find up to date info on what the bonus is for it.
Anyone have info on it? I’m curious to know if it’s worth looking for a referrer.
That’s a new option, it just appeared, there is Preliminary information about it in the pc financial bank account thread (apparently launching Sept 14, 2020).
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13455 posts
10866 upvotes
Leask
@cashinstinct I added a bunch of info to thread summary from my previous thread. Funny I found a duplicate thread to the current offer and it's mostly about PCF vs. CTFS.
No solicitation in sigs
Feb 27, 2010
484 posts
264 upvotes
Can I sign up for this card and connect it to my wife’s pc optimum card to get the points?like put the bonus in my wife’s pc optimum number?