Expired Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard (till Oct 2)

May 6, 2020
327 posts
213 upvotes
Halifax
juve4lfe wrote: Can I sign up for this card and connect it to my wife’s pc optimum card to get the points?like put the bonus in my wife’s pc optimum number?
I did the same thing used my wife's pc optimum card but im still waiting for the credit card to arrive. Applied online and they asked me to verify my ID. Did verification last tuesday. Hopefully i will get the card next week and keep you updated.
Feb 27, 2010
487 posts
266 upvotes
Innovac wrote: I did the same thing used my wife's pc optimum card but im still waiting for the credit card to arrive. Applied online and they asked me to verify my ID. Did verification last tuesday. Hopefully i will get the card next week and keep you updated.
Thanks... if u put that pc optimum card then it should be added to this account...we have one card and want to put our points together
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13502 posts
10938 upvotes
Leask
juve4lfe wrote: Can I sign up for this card and connect it to my wife’s pc optimum card to get the points?like put the bonus in my wife’s pc optimum number?
The short answer is yes. But if there's ever been a PCF MC linked to your wife's PCO pts account before, read thread summary to instructions.
No solicitation in sigs
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
41 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Cool that they extended the offer...more flexible for churners who also BT off this card. Already cancelled mine. If they extend the offer into the winter, I guess I could dip again for the 100k pts :lol:
Hi T, what was the BT offer from this card? If you can point me to the link. Thanks
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13502 posts
10938 upvotes
Leask
CALITSLA wrote: Hi T, what was the BT offer from this card? If you can point me to the link. Thanks
You can see in on the product page. Look under interest rates.

It's 0.97%/6 months, $0 flat fee. BT to any CC online up to CL (I would leave probably $100 room in CL but you could leave as little as $5-10 depending on how much you pull). BT over the phone and it's max 50% of CL, but no point since their online interface for BT's works perfectly fine.

Best BT offer in Canada if and only if you only need six (6) months (shorter duration than MBNA or CIBC), and you're ok with a small amount (PCF is rather stingy on CL compared to MBNA, CIBC or CTFS...CTFS long-term cardholders that is).
No solicitation in sigs
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
41 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: You can see in on the product page. Look under interest rates.

It's 0.97%/6 months, $0 flat fee. BT to any CC online up to CL (I would leave probably $100 room in CL but you could leave as little as $5-10 depending on how much you pull). BT over the phone and it's max 50% of CL, but no point since their online interface for BT's works perfectly fine.

Best BT offer in Canada if and only if you only need six (6) months (shorter duration than MBNA or CIBC), and you're ok with a small amount (PCF is rather stingy on CL compared to MBNA, CIBC or CTFS...CTFS long-term cardholders that is).
Thanks T for the great information. BT can't be done to a bank account and only to a credit card like let's say if my MBNA smart cash is coming up for due in February'21?
Feb 27, 2010
487 posts
266 upvotes
When asking for my occupation it doesn’t have my option(courier) what option can I put instead?
Dec 6, 2016
180 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary, AB
juve4lfe wrote: When asking for my occupation it doesn’t have my option(courier) what option can I put instead?
I like to pick the most interesting occupation in that situation since obviously it doesn't matter to them anyway!
Sep 2, 2009
236 posts
97 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks for the household feature information in the thread summary! I got the 100k points from last year's promo, but was never able to get the MC linked to my account (the site kept saying an error occurred and calling in at the time was all but helpful).
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13502 posts
10938 upvotes
Leask
CALITSLA wrote: Thanks T for the great information. BT can't be done to a bank account and only to a credit card like let's say if my MBNA smart cash is coming up for due in February'21?
I BT'd to MBNA SmartCash VISA in 2019, putting MBNA at a positive balance. I then called MBNA to direct deposit the $$ to one of my credit unions in Manitoba. MBNA holds the $$ for ten (10) business days (two weeks) before they can transfer to bank account.

If you BT to a high street bank CC with high risk tolerance (TD CT or RBC), you could then initiate the transfer to bank account with the same bank the moment the funds land on the card and the bank will probably leave you alone (CIBC is more likely to troll you into branch for doing this...and BNS will troll you into branch just for breathing...).

My BT confirms what you intend on doing will work as a sound work-around, but you might be able to strategize accordingly based on what CC's are in your deck (or sock drawer) before you pull the trigger.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8011 posts
1129 upvotes
TO
titaniumtux wrote: I BT'd to MBNA SmartCash VISA in 2019, putting MBNA at a positive balance. I then called MBNA to direct deposit the $$ to one of my credit unions in Manitoba. MBNA holds the $$ for ten (10) business days (two weeks) before they can transfer to bank account.

If you BT to a high street bank CC with high risk tolerance (TD CT or RBC), you could then initiate the transfer to bank account with the same bank the moment the funds land on the card and the bank will probably leave you alone (CIBC is more likely to troll you into branch for doing this...and BNS will troll you into branch just for breathing...).

My BT confirms what you intend on doing will work as a sound work-around, but you might be able to strategize accordingly based on what CC's are in your deck (or sock drawer) before you pull the trigger.
This is great T! Love the way you structured the above. So safe to say with PC they don't do BT's to a bank account.

But my concern is what if (possible) that MBNA may not do these great BT to bank/credit unions. In that case, this PC is only good for BT's to a credit card with balance and normal APR.

Also it seems that this is an intro offer to be used in the first 6 months.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13502 posts
10938 upvotes
Leask
TorontoEh wrote: This is great T! Love the way you structured the above. So safe to say with PC they don't do BT's to a bank account.

But my concern is what if (possible) that MBNA may not do these great BT to bank/credit unions. In that case, this PC is only good for BT's to a credit card with balance and normal APR.

Also it seems that this is an intro offer to be used in the first 6 months.
  1. safe? It's a given that they don't apply the promotional BT offer on "cash advance" directly to bank account
  2. MBNA will definitely release the "overpayment" to your deposit account...but they reserve the right to hold the funds for ten (10) business days. I recommend using a big bank card where you also have a deposit account at the same bank if you have one...if not MBNA is fine but the hold is kind of annoying
  3. The intro offer must be initiated within the first three (3) months and the promo rate applies for a duration of six (6) months
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12005 posts
15206 upvotes
I have the PC Financial World card but want to upgrade to the Elite one. Should apply for a new card or just upgrade the existing one?
Have a nice day!

Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13502 posts
10938 upvotes
Leask
LonesomeDove wrote: I have the PC Financial World card but want to upgrade to the Elite one. Should apply for a new card or just upgrade the existing one?
Cancel, wait six months, then apply again.
No solicitation in sigs
May 6, 2020
327 posts
213 upvotes
Halifax
I got an email saying I'm approved for the card and welcome offer is 20000 pts. I was supposed to get 100000 pts. I don't know is it by mistake.