Expired Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard (till Oct 2)

Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5644 posts
1814 upvotes
Space
Same issue. Going to call in shortly. It was definitely 100k points
Innovac wrote: I got an email saying I'm approved for the card and welcome offer is 20000 pts. I was supposed to get 100000 pts. I don't know is it by mistake.
May 6, 2020
327 posts
213 upvotes
Halifax
Let me know what they say. Pls
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
5977 posts
2470 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Got approved.

Do these cards have purchase protection and warranty double?
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
May 6, 2020
327 posts
213 upvotes
Halifax
georvu wrote: Got approved.

Do these cards have purchase protection and warranty double?
Did you get email saying how many welcome bonus points?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
5977 posts
2470 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Innovac wrote: Did you get email saying how many welcome bonus points?
Not yet, did take screen shot showing 100k points until Oct 2, 2020
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Jun 12, 2010
112 posts
253 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: Same issue. Going to call in shortly. It was definitely 100k points
Innovac wrote: I got an email saying I'm approved for the card and welcome offer is 20000 pts. I was supposed to get 100000 pts. I don't know is it by mistake.
Not sure if this was covered in the previous thread, but this happened to me when I signed up during the June-Aug offer. I contacted them and they told me that the 20k just refers to the base points. The 80k are bonus points applied after 6-8 weeks. It's been longer than that so I contacted them and they started some points inquiry for me several days ago that got forwarded to another department. I'm still waiting. I think others were having issues in the previous thread as well, I'm too lazy to dig it up now but it's worth checking out if you're keen.

Just want to save you the time and frustration in case you get the same experience.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5644 posts
1814 upvotes
Space
Yeah I was told 20k is base pts and 80k will be added in 6-8 weeks. We shall see.
ArchZeratul wrote: Not sure if this was covered in the previous thread, but this happened to me when I signed up during the June-Aug offer. I contacted them and they told me that the 20k just refers to the base points. The 80k are bonus points applied after 6-8 weeks. It's been longer than that so I contacted them and they started some points inquiry for me several days ago that got forwarded to another department. I'm still waiting. I think others were having issues in the previous thread as well, I'm too lazy to dig it up now but it's worth checking out if you're keen.

Just want to save you the time and frustration in case you get the same experience.
Aug 30, 2019
794 posts
625 upvotes
Brampton
i just applied and instant approved for pc we mc. card will arrive in mail in 3-5 business days. thanks op!
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1752 posts
1227 upvotes
condo
Is the 100K points for all versions of the card or only the World Elite?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6900 posts
3172 upvotes
Montreal
tmonies wrote: Is the 100K points for all versions of the card or only the World Elite?
All versions
Feb 27, 2010
486 posts
264 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: All versions
I applied from the given link and was accepted for the pc world MasterCard...I put my wife’s pc optimum account number to be linked with the credit card and was accepted quickly...I should be getting the card in 3 to 5 business days...do I get the 20000 points when I use the card?
Aug 6, 2019
187 posts
558 upvotes
Ottawa
ArchZeratul wrote: Not sure if this was covered in the previous thread, but this happened to me when I signed up during the June-Aug offer. I contacted them and they told me that the 20k just refers to the base points. The 80k are bonus points applied after 6-8 weeks. It's been longer than that so I contacted them and they started some points inquiry for me several days ago that got forwarded to another department. I'm still waiting. I think others were having issues in the previous thread as well, I'm too lazy to dig it up now but it's worth checking out if you're keen.

Keep calling them. It took me about close to 3 months to get the 80k (got the card fisr week of June, got the 80k late August)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2044 posts
1621 upvotes
Montreal, QC
it's an even better MasterCard if you shop at SDM a lot, gives approx 4% cashback on all purchases