Expired Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard (till Oct 2)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
6886 posts
3138 upvotes
Montreal
Alekxqin wrote: it's an even better MasterCard if you shop at SDM a lot, gives approx 4% cashback on all purchases
You get 1.5% with PC Optimum with any credit card at SDM.

It’s 3% extra with PC credit card

total 4.5%...

The total 4.5% is a little misleading in their advertising...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
6886 posts
3138 upvotes
Montreal
juve4lfe wrote: I applied from the given link and was accepted for the pc world MasterCard...I put my wife’s pc optimum account number to be linked with the credit card and was accepted quickly...I should be getting the card in 3 to 5 business days...do I get the 20000 points when I use the card?
It takes a couple of days to get any points with pc MasterCard, either basic points or bonus points.

I posted a tentative timeline in op as example.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2015
2042 posts
1614 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cashinstinct wrote: You get 1.5% with PC Optimum with any credit card at SDM.

It’s 3% extra with PC credit card

total 4.5%...

The total 4.5% is a little misleading in their advertising...
Ok, I see
but most people would not even do the calculation as Rfders do, lol
Newbie
Jun 24, 2010
40 posts
41 upvotes
I signed up for this deal back in June. Got the card. Made purchases. It took weeks to receive my points. When I finally received them, I only got 20,000 points. I contacted them and they said it takes up to 2 months to get all of the 100,000 points. That's not what the original offer said. Now it's mid-September. They still owe me 80,000 points. I've contacted them 4 times.
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2019
184 posts
554 upvotes
askmom wrote: I signed up for this deal back in June. Got the card. Made purchases. It took weeks to receive my points. When I finally received them, I only got 20,000 points. I contacted them and they said it takes up to 2 months to get all of the 100,000 points. That's not what the original offer said. Now it's mid-September. They still owe me 80,000 points. I've contacted them 4 times.
Keep calling, that was the exact situation with me. Got my 80k points in late August. Squeaky wheel gets the points.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
5919 posts
2421 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Innovac wrote: Did you get email saying how many welcome bonus points?
Got email today that mentions 100k points, 20k points for opening card and rest in 5-6 weeks.

Have 6 months to spend on one of their stores to get bonus offer.
.......
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Member
Feb 27, 2010
482 posts
263 upvotes
georvu wrote: Got email today that mentions 100k points, 20k points for opening card and rest in 5-6 weeks.

Have 6 months to spend on one of their stores to get bonus offer.
Yea got email today as well with same info
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
12 posts
do you need to use the link to get the offer? I applied and got approved, but cant remember if i used the link
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
6886 posts
3138 upvotes
Montreal
reagorn wrote: do you need to use the link to get the offer? I applied and got approved, but cant remember if i used the link
You should receive an email in the next week saying you will get 100k points on first purchase if you used link.

Otherwise, it will say 20k points in email

You can try to argue with them otherwise.
Member
Jul 8, 2019
226 posts
87 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: You should receive an email in the next week saying you will get 100k points on first purchase if you used link.

Otherwise, it will say 20k points in email

You can try to argue with them otherwise.
If you don't receive 80k accounts, do you submit a ticket for missing points in PC Optimum app, or is there another way?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
5919 posts
2421 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
mkm999 wrote: Received my 80,000 points Sun, Sept 13

Check your PC Optimum app to verify


553D0AF8-B6EA-4848-80F8-B22AF32354F3.png
How soon after you got card? Waited 5-6 weeks or quicker?
.......
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Member
Oct 23, 2012
315 posts
140 upvotes
Brampton
Am I allowed to use this promotion if I had a PC mastercard in the past? I just had card that recently expired
Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2010
311 posts
299 upvotes
Canada
georvu wrote: How soon after you got card? Waited 5-6 weeks or quicker?
It took 5 weeks. But i did had to call-in 2x and speak to a supervisor on my 2nd call.

After the 2nd call, the points were added. I would assume, the call was the reason for the points.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 19, 2005
9089 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
I only received 20K points today. Approval letter also mention 20K points. I think I should contact them...
Last edited by can2000 on Sep 21st, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit

Top