Expired Hot Deals

Loblaws

Get 15,000 PCO Points for every $100 spent on any combination of Apple/DoorDash/Google/Playstation/Keg/Uber Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2022 2:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4772 posts
37237 upvotes

[Loblaws] Get 15,000 PCO Points for every $100 spent on any combination of Apple/DoorDash/Google/Playstation/Keg/Uber Gift Cards

This deal was seen in the upcoming SDM flyer, starting Thursday January 27 to February 2.

This offer will probably be available across all Loblaw banner stores (Loblaws, Zehrs, YIG, Provigo, Atlantic Superstore, City Market, RCSS, No Frills, Maxi, SDM) as part of their "Points Days" sale. Will update the thread for any changes.

Get 15,000 PCO points for every $100 spent on any combination of Apple Gift Card, DoorDash, Google Play, Playstation, The Keg, Uber Eats and Uber gift cards. (Must be a PCO Member)

According to Loblaws, RCSS/No Frills flyer, Apple Gift Card and Google Play gift card purchases are subject to a $500 limit per brand in a single transaction.

I would think the points will be added instantly unless buying from SDM which might take 2 to 4 weeks.
Images
  • received_4743056382487242-1.jpg
Last edited by hill15 on Jan 25th, 2022 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
1 Transaction per Optimum account
Offer will change to "Redeemed" after use in your app

See terms for maximums ($500 on Apple & Google Play) ( No limit on other cards )

15,000 points for every $100 spent on any combination of Apple Gift Card, DoorDash, Google Play, PlayStation, The Keg, Uber Eats & Uber cards

Good for: Any combination of gift cards above purchased in-store only. Please allow up to approximately 3 weeks for points to be added to your PC Optimum account if purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Offer terms: Apple Gift Card and Google Play gift card purchases are subject to a $500 limit per brand in a single transaction.Offer valid in-store only. Subject to availability; selection may vary by store. We reserve the right to limit quantities. See gift card for details, terms & conditions. Offer applies to every $100 spent on any combination of Apple Gift Card, DoorDash, Google Play, PlayStation, The Keg, Uber Eats, and Uber cards in a single transaction at any participating store location operating under the Loblaws Inc. and Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. banners. Cannot be combined with any other gift card offers. Not valid on prior purchases. Must be a registered PC Optimum member. PC Optimum points cannot be redeemed toward the purchase of gift cards. Please allow up to approximately 3 weeks for points to be added to your PC Optimum account if purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart.
693 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20527 posts
5986 upvotes
GTA
Thank you! Time to load up Google Play credits for YT Premium!
Sep 29, 2009
519 posts
732 upvotes
Kitchener
Hmmmm might have to stock up on Apple cards in advance of buying MacBook Air when the revision drops. Tough to predict when these events will happen.
Oct 8, 2007
375 posts
323 upvotes
Ontario
Is there a maximum on this? Looking to buy a new computer soon
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1473 posts
302 upvotes
Oakville
This is a better deal than the 5k for 50$ deal that's been coming around lately. Thanks OP!
Nov 24, 2018
239 posts
323 upvotes
Are Uber and Uber Eats gift cards separate? Could you use the balance for the other service?

Editing to add: I don't see this in my app yet but guessing it should pop up before Jan 27?
Dec 29, 2017
879 posts
901 upvotes
Ontario
Great thanks, need more Apple credits.
If it’s anything like last time, $500 max (75k points) and it must be on one transaction. Can’t find the fine print yet. Nofrills points showed up instantly.
Last edited by ODoyleRulz on Jan 24th, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1988 posts
13462 upvotes
Consequence wrote: Hmmmm might have to stock up on Apple cards in advance of buying MacBook Air when the revision drops. Tough to predict when these events will happen.
You may have already considered it, but for my Macbook I chose to put the entire purchase on my credit card that has extended purchase protection/warranty. Extends manufacturer's warranty for a second year at no charge but only if the full purchase price is charged to the card - by going the discounted GC route you lose that option.

Depends on whether you value an extra year of warranty at 15% of the purchase price of course!
Nov 10, 2007
388 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
Zook123 wrote: Are Uber and Uber Eats gift cards separate? Could you use the balance for the other service?

Editing to add: I don't see this in my app yet but guessing it should pop up before Jan 27?
Uber gc aren't separated and can be used both for. I've checked my app and don't see it either but hopefully it will pop up soon
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22716 posts
10527 upvotes
Toronto
Zook123 wrote: Are Uber and Uber Eats gift cards separate? Could you use the balance for the other service?

They are the same. It doesn't matter what card you buy and it doesn't matter where you load it, the two apps share the gift card balance. It might involve some syncing / time to load but, it will share.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6358 posts
5413 upvotes
Consequence wrote: Hmmmm might have to stock up on Apple cards in advance of buying MacBook Air when the revision drops. Tough to predict when these events will happen.
wouldn't you rather use extra insurance protection from CC instead? you don't get that if purchased with GCs
Dec 29, 2017
879 posts
901 upvotes
Ontario
Leverage wrote: You may have already considered it, but for my Macbook I chose to put the entire purchase on my credit card that has extended purchase protection/warranty. Extends manufacturer's warranty for a second year at no charge but only if the full purchase price is charged to the card - by going the discounted GC route you lose that option.

Depends on whether you value an extra year of warranty at 15% of the purchase price of course!
For my case I have reoccurring subscriptions so it helps, no hardware but I did use GCs for my wife’s Apple Watch. I’ve never made a CC warranty claim but would expect many hours of work to make a claim. Any experience with it yourself?
Sep 29, 2009
519 posts
732 upvotes
Kitchener
StatsGuy wrote: wouldn't you rather use extra insurance protection from CC instead? you don't get that if purchased with GCs
No, I'd rather the savings. Never had a Mac issue within 2 years anyway. Things do of course happen but Apple computers are something I feel more comfortable with than a lot of other electronics purchases.
Oct 8, 2007
375 posts
323 upvotes
Ontario
Never made a credit card insurance claim for hardware warranty, but I did make one for travel trip cancellation and it was an 8 month headache that didn't resolve in my money being refunded to my satisfaction.

Of course the two may be totally unrelated, probably even underwritten by different insurance companies, but after that experience, I take insurance through credit card with a grain of salt.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22716 posts
10527 upvotes
Toronto
We have this debate every single time these threads go up ...

Some people like to save money (roll the dice on the warranty). Some people live and die by the warranty.
Great - THIS DEAL is about people who like to SAVE MONEY.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6650 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone with PC WE financial Mastercard able to get 30pts/$1 spend on gift cards? I always received 10pts, never heard anything back when making missing point inquiry via app.

Also, Ubereat gift card was added to my account mid Dec, have not received any promos since.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22716 posts
10527 upvotes
Toronto
greg123 wrote: Also, Ubereat gift card was added to my account mid Dec, have not received any promos since.
Common feedback with Uber gift cards is that you'll get fewer promos (supposedly)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7255 posts
7049 upvotes
Calgary
arkangil wrote: Never made a credit card insurance claim for hardware warranty, but I did make one for travel trip cancellation and it was an 8 month headache that didn't resolve in my money being refunded to my satisfaction.

Of course the two may be totally unrelated, probably even underwritten by different insurance companies, but after that experience, I take insurance through credit card with a grain of salt.
I scratched my iPad display and claimed the 90 day damage warranty on my credit card. They paid out with zero hassles.