May 12, 2017
11 posts
11 upvotes

Get $40 costco coupon for New Costco membership

Deal Link:
Just saw on the Costco website.
Executive Star Membership use code COSTCO40
gold star Membership use code COSTCO20

In the product details, it is written that for New Memberships Only and this time a membership number will be emailed. Last time during christmas, they mailed the new membership and can also use for renewal . So I am wondering this time if it can also renew my membership.
26 replies
Jan 2, 2015
370 posts
320 upvotes
Montréal area
Well well well. They got smart.

1. Buy a NEW membership and apply coupon code.
2. Go in-store to make the membership card with the emailed member number (no voucher).
3. 2 to 3 weeks later : receive the 40$ credit.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1811 posts
1356 upvotes
GTA
sdkwhm wrote:
May 14th, 2019 10:14 pm
Just saw on the Costco website.
Executive Star Membership use code COSTCO40
gold star Membership use code COSTCO20

In the product details, it is written that for New Memberships Only and this time a membership number will be emailed. Last time during christmas, they mailed the new membership and can also use for renewal . So I am wondering this time if it can also renew my membership.
The previous deal was for the Gift of Membership and only current members were supposed to be able to purchase it. It could given to someone (as a gift) for a new membership or for renewal. This is a membership offer and is for new members only.
Mar 2, 2008
764 posts
819 upvotes
BC
It's not a credit, it's an online voucher. Online prices are inflated to cover shipping. Not even a warm deal IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6660 posts
2086 upvotes
Mississauga
brghunter wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:19 am
It's not a credit, it's an online voucher. Online prices are inflated to cover shipping. Not even a warm deal IMO.
Yeah, but can't you just use your voucher to purchase a Costco cash card online, then use the cash card in store? A bit of a hassle, but not the end of the world. (assuming it's allowed, I don't have a membership, nor voucher, so can't confirm). And then of course, there are the other gift cards/certificates that you can purchase online as well, if suitable. Just a couple of options to negate the premium charged online for products.

Unrelated, there's also the other membership offer that is still available until May 31, 2019, if it works out better for those looking for a membership: costco-get-50-new-costco-membership-25- ... #p30920601
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1199 posts
500 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
brghunter wrote:
There are also tons of stuff online not available in store.
Mar 2, 2008
764 posts
819 upvotes
BC
kenchau wrote:
May 15th, 2019 10:17 am
Yeah, but can't you just use your voucher to purchase a Costco cash card online, then use the cash card in store? A bit of a hassle, but not the end of the world. (assuming it's allowed, I don't have a membership, nor voucher, so can't confirm). And then of course, there are the other gift cards/certificates that you can purchase online as well, if suitable. Just a couple of options to negate the premium charged online for products.
No, you can't.

Offer only available online on Costco.ca, expires July 7, 2019 and may not be combined with any other offers. Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centres, on Costcobusinesscentre.ca, on Costcophotocentre.ca, or on purchases of Costco Cash Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6660 posts
2086 upvotes
Mississauga
brghunter wrote:
May 15th, 2019 10:28 am
No, you can't.

Offer only available online on Costco.ca, expires July 7, 2019 and may not be combined with any other offers. Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centres, on Costcobusinesscentre.ca, on Costcophotocentre.ca, or on purchases of Costco Cash Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals.
Okay, good to know. Thanks.
Dec 16, 2017
42 posts
2 upvotes
This offer expires on July 07, 2019.

Can we expect a better summer offer or should I grab this one while it is there.
Mar 24, 2016
243 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
is there any way for existing members to get this offer?
Dec 13, 2009
67 posts
24 upvotes
YMMV but I recently got a Costco promo in the mail for new member signup which included a $20 online voucher, plus vouchers for free kirkland bread, hazelnut spread, and coffee. It claimed $60 value. I'm in Richmond Hill area.
Oct 22, 2016
204 posts
121 upvotes
Langley
brghunter wrote:
I was given a $40 voucher when I upgraded to executive. I had a hell of a time using it, due to their higher prices online, and lack of selection. If I had to do it again, I would not have. But each to their own.
Nov 24, 2015
289 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto, ON
brghunter wrote:
Yes, the online prices are a bit higher than the store. But also keep in mind that you don't need to be a Costco member in order to shop at Costco online.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1715 posts
318 upvotes
My membership expires on June 30. If I don't renew in store, can I sign up as new member on July 1st using the link in the OP, and take advantage of this promo? Thanks.
Jul 6, 2019
1 posts
Blitz68 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 4:04 pm
YMMV but I recently got a Costco promo in the mail for new member signup which included a $20 online voucher, plus vouchers for free kirkland bread, hazelnut spread, and coffee. It claimed $60 value. I'm in Richmond Hill area.
Did it have some sort of custom code to use? I remember Groupon used to have these sorts of Costco promos all the time, but the last time I've heard of one was in 2018... And I was waiting to get a membership in 2019 :/ Also in RHill area, nothing in my mail unfortunately.