May 12, 2017
35 posts
22 upvotes

Get $40 costco coupon for New Costco membership

Deal Link:
Just saw on the Costco website.
Executive Star Membership use code COSTCO40
gold star Membership use code COSTCO20

In the product details, it is written that for New Memberships Only and this time a membership number will be emailed. Last time during christmas, they mailed the new membership and can also use for renewal . So I am wondering this time if it can also renew my membership.
28 replies
Jan 2, 2015
547 posts
513 upvotes
Montréal area
Well well well. They got smart.

1. Buy a NEW membership and apply coupon code.
2. Go in-store to make the membership card with the emailed member number (no voucher).
3. 2 to 3 weeks later : receive the 40$ credit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5714 posts
6953 upvotes
GTA
sdkwhm wrote: Just saw on the Costco website.
Executive Star Membership use code COSTCO40
gold star Membership use code COSTCO20

In the product details, it is written that for New Memberships Only and this time a membership number will be emailed. Last time during christmas, they mailed the new membership and can also use for renewal . So I am wondering this time if it can also renew my membership.
The previous deal was for the Gift of Membership and only current members were supposed to be able to purchase it. It could given to someone (as a gift) for a new membership or for renewal. This is a membership offer and is for new members only.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1035 posts
1533 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
It's not a credit, it's an online voucher. Online prices are inflated to cover shipping. Not even a warm deal IMO.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10957 posts
5039 upvotes
Vaughan
brghunter wrote: It's not a credit, it's an online voucher. Online prices are inflated to cover shipping. Not even a warm deal IMO.
Yeah, but can't you just use your voucher to purchase a Costco cash card online, then use the cash card in store? A bit of a hassle, but not the end of the world. (assuming it's allowed, I don't have a membership, nor voucher, so can't confirm). And then of course, there are the other gift cards/certificates that you can purchase online as well, if suitable. Just a couple of options to negate the premium charged online for products.

Unrelated, there's also the other membership offer that is still available until May 31, 2019, if it works out better for those looking for a membership: costco-get-50-new-costco-membership-25- ... #p30920601
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1585 posts
1097 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
brghunter wrote: It's not a credit, it's an online voucher. Online prices are inflated to cover shipping. Not even a warm deal IMO.
There are also tons of stuff online not available in store.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1035 posts
1533 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
kenchau wrote: Yeah, but can't you just use your voucher to purchase a Costco cash card online, then use the cash card in store? A bit of a hassle, but not the end of the world. (assuming it's allowed, I don't have a membership, nor voucher, so can't confirm). And then of course, there are the other gift cards/certificates that you can purchase online as well, if suitable. Just a couple of options to negate the premium charged online for products.
No, you can't.

Offer only available online on Costco.ca, expires July 7, 2019 and may not be combined with any other offers. Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centres, on Costcobusinesscentre.ca, on Costcophotocentre.ca, or on purchases of Costco Cash Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10957 posts
5039 upvotes
Vaughan
brghunter wrote: No, you can't.

Offer only available online on Costco.ca, expires July 7, 2019 and may not be combined with any other offers. Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centres, on Costcobusinesscentre.ca, on Costcophotocentre.ca, or on purchases of Costco Cash Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals.
Okay, good to know. Thanks.
Dec 16, 2017
60 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
This offer expires on July 07, 2019.

Can we expect a better summer offer or should I grab this one while it is there.
Mar 24, 2016
451 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
is there any way for existing members to get this offer?
Dec 13, 2009
162 posts
161 upvotes
YMMV but I recently got a Costco promo in the mail for new member signup which included a $20 online voucher, plus vouchers for free kirkland bread, hazelnut spread, and coffee. It claimed $60 value. I'm in Richmond Hill area.
Oct 22, 2016
881 posts
797 upvotes
Comox Valley
I was given a $40 voucher when I upgraded to executive. I had a hell of a time using it, due to their higher prices online, and lack of selection. If I had to do it again, I would not have. But each to their own.
Nov 24, 2015
375 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes, the online prices are a bit higher than the store. But also keep in mind that you don't need to be a Costco member in order to shop at Costco online.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2189 posts
686 upvotes
My membership expires on June 30. If I don't renew in store, can I sign up as new member on July 1st using the link in the OP, and take advantage of this promo? Thanks.
Jul 6, 2019
1 posts
Blitz68 wrote: YMMV but I recently got a Costco promo in the mail for new member signup which included a $20 online voucher, plus vouchers for free kirkland bread, hazelnut spread, and coffee. It claimed $60 value. I'm in Richmond Hill area.
Did it have some sort of custom code to use? I remember Groupon used to have these sorts of Costco promos all the time, but the last time I've heard of one was in 2018... And I was waiting to get a membership in 2019 :/ Also in RHill area, nothing in my mail unfortunately.
Dec 13, 2009
162 posts
161 upvotes
FanG99329 wrote: Did it have some sort of custom code to use? I remember Groupon used to have these sorts of Costco promos all the time, but the last time I've heard of one was in 2018... And I was waiting to get a membership in 2019 :/ Also in RHill area, nothing in my mail unfortunately.
No it didn't have a code, I brought in the letter and after signing up they gave me physical coupons for those items I mentioned above. Maybe you can go in and say you lost the letter or something?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24059 posts
30655 upvotes
It's only mid-year and I have a large Costco Rewards credit. I expect by Black Friday, if they stock the LG 43UM7300, I might just knock that off my list with plenty to spare.

Do I get a better credit card rewards rate if I go Executive? Inquiring minds.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6559 posts
3695 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: It's only mid-year and I have a large Costco Rewards credit. I expect by Black Friday, if they stock the LG 43UM7300, I might just knock that off my list with plenty to spare.

Do I get a better credit card rewards rate if I go Executive? Inquiring minds.
The Costco Capital One credit card rate is the same regardless of membership level. Going Executive will only affect the 2% you could earn on Costco purchases. The two are calculated differently and awarded at different times.
Jan 12, 2010
195 posts
142 upvotes
Brossard
Just signed up in store today - $20 online credit code for new subscriber, $20 online credit for current member that referred. And a bag o'l bag of Kirkland Almonds for each. I was told the code was valid right away so should be able to use it without wait, and they also seem to have an APP now that I was instantly signed up for (not sure if that's new or not, hadn't been to Costco for a few months, since my membership was expired.
SEO & SEM Pro - World Traveller - Food Enthusiast - Deal Ninja
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24059 posts
30655 upvotes
Manatus wrote: The Costco Capital One credit card rate is the same regardless of membership level. Going Executive will only affect the 2% you could earn on Costco purchases. The two are calculated differently and awarded at different times.
I don't spend enough at Costco for this to matter. Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)