Hot Deals

GET TWO MONTHS OF DISNEY+ on purchase of Fortnite VBucks

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 12:16 pm
Member
Jun 21, 2003
358 posts
251 upvotes
DTOM wrote: How do I buy a pack? In game I only see an option to purchase Vbucks (as I'm sure you can tell, I don't really play Fortnite...)

Thanks.
I haven't tried this myself but I'm assuming he means buying a pack like the Diamond Diva pack for $5.59 that's in the item shop at the moment.
Sr. Member
Aug 15, 2003
708 posts
447 upvotes
Air Jordan wrote: I haven't tried this myself but I'm assuming he means buying a pack like the Diamond Diva pack for $5.59 that's in the item shop at the moment.
That worked for me. Did not realize I had to install the game too, but did that and it registered as having done that. Two months for 5.59 is pretty excellent.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
6072 posts
2427 upvotes
Canuckland
Doesn’t seem to work with current subscribers
Jr. Member
Jul 17, 2006
153 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Air Jordan wrote: I haven't tried this myself but I'm assuming he means buying a pack like the Diamond Diva pack for $5.59 that's in the item shop at the moment.
Hmmm...I wonder if it has to do with it being installed on an iPhone...

So I tried logging in with my Epic Games account and purchasing it from there. I see the pack and added it to my cart. However, when I try to check out I get a message saying:

"Sorry, but your account is blocked from making purchases. Please contact customer service."

I don't get it... I've tried this with my existing account and also an account that I created from scratch. No difference...
Newbie
Sep 12, 2013
66 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
DTOM wrote: Hmmm...I wonder if it has to do with it being installed on an iPhone...

So I tried logging in with my Epic Games account and purchasing it from there. I see the pack and added it to my cart. However, when I try to check out I get a message saying:

"Sorry, but your account is blocked from making purchases. Please contact customer service."

I don't get it... I've tried this with my existing account and also an account that I created from scratch. No difference...
Epic is currently in a legal dispute with Apple so the iOS version of Fortnite is still in Ch.2 S. 3 (5 is the current season) and all purchases are disabled.
Jr. Member
Nov 13, 2014
109 posts
22 upvotes
Ajax, ON
bought the diamond pack but its still saying i'm not eligible
Selling code for 3 AMD games via promo code for $100, PM for details
Newbie
Dec 11, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
iyatos wrote: bought the diamond pack but its still saying i'm not eligible
I did the same thing and I got the same error, I can't even refund my in-game purchase :/
Newbie
Feb 22, 2015
48 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks OP... I totally missed this promo and son has got something ... just checked the link using account email and it worked! Free 2 months of Disney+ to start the new year!!

Happy new year fellow rfd members... let the deals begin!
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13305 posts
3644 upvotes
Scarberia
ot: is fortnite still popular? i've NEVER played it...grafix dont look too good , is this like gta but just walking around?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3285 posts
1117 upvotes
Montreal
mikka2017 wrote: ot: is fortnite still popular? i've NEVER played it...grafix dont look too good , is this like gta but just walking around?
it's a huge and popular game among the early teens, its simply a huge PVP map.
Jr. Member
Jul 17, 2006
153 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
iyatos wrote: bought the diamond pack but its still saying i'm not eligible
Happened to me as well...
Member
Sep 13, 2015
495 posts
403 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: ot: is fortnite still popular? i've NEVER played it...grafix dont look too good , is this like gta but just walking around?
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Glory Glory Man United
Jr. Member
Jul 17, 2006
153 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
DTOM wrote: Happened to me as well...
Opened a ticket with support about it. So far they're still investigating, so hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issue.
Member
User avatar
Jun 28, 2013
383 posts
126 upvotes
The Moon
iyatos wrote: bought the diamond pack but its still saying i'm not eligible
Promo ended Dec 31st so if you bought it in Jan thats why
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2014
559 posts
519 upvotes
Calgary, AB
How long do we have to redeem the promo code with Disney+?
I saved the link it generated with the promo code and want to use that with a new email address when my current promo expires.
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2014
559 posts
519 upvotes
Calgary, AB
rrabbit10 wrote: How long do we have to redeem the promo code with Disney+?
I saved the link it generated with the promo code and want to use that with a new email address when my current promo expires.
Found it. Was in the fine print on the redeem page: Must redeem by 1/31/21.
That's great cause my current trial ends January 28th...
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
1548 posts
134 upvotes
AbyssBreaker wrote: I did the same thing and I got the same error, I can't even refund my in-game purchase :/
iyatos wrote: bought the diamond pack but its still saying i'm not eligible
Quoting both posts here hoping you'll see this - I've been attempting to deal with Epic's support on this initially they claimed it was purchased on the 1st (it wasn't) then subsequently have tried to claim that it terminated at 7 PM Eastern (I guess they're trying to claim they use UTC) however the publicly posted terms for the promotion do not state this and say through the 31st. Of course they're also claiming that the purchase cannot be refunded.

I'd suggest anyone else whom Epic is withholding the promotional codes from open tickets too. Either way this turns out I think I'm going to file a complaint with the competition bureau.
Jr. Member
Jan 4, 2019
136 posts
55 upvotes
Yikes what a disaster this sounds like, GL to those working through the BS.

Top