Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3405 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga

Getting a new stove that is being delievered with no hookup to gas

My old stove is gas, my new stove is gas. I am advised they won't swap it apon delivery likely due to not being qualified. Should I be asking Lowes to have someone come to do this the same day?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5183 posts
2595 upvotes
Did you even check their website? 🤦‍♂️

https://www.lowes.ca/services/installat ... appliances

Your installer will call you to schedule your appointment, as well as arrange delivery of your appliances.* In case your appliances require extra attention, your installer may arrange to visit your home to measure the space and the path to where your appliances will be installed prior to booking the installation date. They will also disconnect your existing appliance; install the new one in the same opening and hook up to existing electrical and/or plumbing lines; test to ensure proper operation; and clean up once the job is done, including hauling away your old appliances, if required.†
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3405 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga
Red_Army wrote: Did you even check their website? 🤦‍♂️

https://www.lowes.ca/services/installat ... appliances

Your installer will call you to schedule your appointment, as well as arrange delivery of your appliances.* In case your appliances require extra attention, your installer may arrange to visit your home to measure the space and the path to where your appliances will be installed prior to booking the installation date. They will also disconnect your existing appliance; install the new one in the same opening and hook up to existing electrical and/or plumbing lines; test to ensure proper operation; and clean up once the job is done, including hauling away your old appliances, if required.†
ahh sorry I meant to ask should I go with the lowes.ca group or is there a reco someone can share I am in Mississauga
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16237 posts
13529 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
dreaderus wrote: ahh sorry I meant to ask should I go with the lowes.ca group or is there a reco someone can share I am in Mississauga
It has to be a qualified / certified / licensed Gas Fitter
I would have no qualms dealing with whomever Lowes sends / recommends
Prob more convenient too
Easier to ensure it gets done same day as the delivery